Special Ops Paintball: How to Get a Tip from Your Group! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Get a Tip from Your Group! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

Sure the minimum wage is nice and all, but how about an extra $5-$20 a day? I'll tell you how I do it. :P Plus it makes the day a lot more enjoyable.

There are many ways to get a tip, but the easiest way is find a birthday party! Usually you get the 8-12 year old birthday groups and the birthday boy's mom is there. Participate in his party and make sure he has a good time. Talk with the parents and explain to them how safe it is and reassure them about paintball and that it is 100% safe. Find his mom and offer to take pictures on the field, also once you figure out who the birthday boy is, help him out. Show him how to aim, and how to work angles, and when to move. Let him use your gun if you have it with you. Most importantly keep her little boy from getting shot. If he does get shot tell him how he has a battle scar to show all his friends and just be a really nice person. Smile a lot and laugh. Also my secret....do some magic... Do the trick with a brown paper bag and the invisible ball by thumping the bag to resemble a ball landing in it. Throw it to him and let him throw it in the throw it in the bag. Also pull a paintball out his ear. The mom will love you for it. If you don't get paid, 99% of the time you get free food and drinks. The key is laughter. Make her laugh, her son laugh, and you laugh. This is one of the most definite ways to get a tip.

You can find other groups, but birthday parties are the best. You can try it on church groups, just be nice to the youth leader. Also...I don't think magic tricks will work on him... Good luck and happy tip hunting!

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

100% True ^

#3 Guest_Mitch likes Pumps_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

That's a sweet idea and a great idea to make a rep for yourself on the field....and make a younger player happy. :D

-Mitch :P

#4 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

cool, its kinda like sucking up, but not the negative way

#5 User is offline   US SOLDIER 

• Team Impact, Captain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:US SOLDIER

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

wow i tried something like that and the mom kinda went off on me she thought i was stealling her sons stuff when i was refilling his hopper for him, i dont ref for money, i ref for paint, air and free food :)
IPB Image

IPB Image

#6 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

That's just bad luck...You got one of the psycho, paranoid, uneducated moms...Sucks for you. :P I made $20 today from a birthday group.

#7 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

To get the bigger tips ($40...$80...), go for the Business groups. :D Also get them to play as many games as possible and wide variety of fields (fields part is if possible. I know that not all places have 49 fields). As stated in the original post, talk with them off the field, help them out, give them tips. I even help out the players while they play (for boths sides). Also hand out rewards of some-sort. Be creative. I usually bet a cheeseburger if someone does this or that, or I hand out one of the flags that we use as a reward for "Best shot" or "Best Move" or something like that. Works well.

Last week I got an $80 tip. Of course, the boss of this company was handing out $100 gift certificates to Modells to his employees who won challenges...

This post has been edited by CptObvious: 26 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#8 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

heres my tip.... get big big groups were it takes like 3 refs to handle... offer them a ref vs player game. so get 3 more refs and have 3of u play and the other 3 ref. they love this.... especially when its in a castle with a minion and to pimps. also when you shoot someone tell them nice try.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#9 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

Lol ref's combining ideas to get money out of people, what is the world coming to.

#10 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

no no no.... we didnt get money for it... we got free food and the opertunity to play.... a 3 vs 35 game or something along those lines... we took like half of them out befor the got us all. or when some of us ran out of air.... basically going through a case in about 6 minits.

you should come up to castle conquest this year and play in the "duces wild " speedball series.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 10 December 2006 - 04:19 PM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users