• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smart Parts Tactical 20in Barrel Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   marksman1941 

• Not bad for a first deer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I got my SP 20in a couple years ago, and absolutely love it. Essentially, I can sit on my front porch and shoot fencepost tops (1.5-2in wide, max) from 20-30+ yards without a problem. I usually need one shot to see where the balls are going, and after that I can hit the post at least 8 out of 10 shots. Not too bad.
It has been used in Southern Oregon, which is to say it has seen every type of weather known to man, often in one day. Rain, snow, 100+F, no matter the conditions, the barrel shoots straight as an arrow.
I mainly shoot Polar Ice in the winter and Evil Premium the rest of the year. Due to the really large bore (my micrometer says it's a .705), the bigger paint obviously shoots better, like Polar ice.
I've used it on an A5 and now have it on my X7, shooting around 285-290 on both guns, using HPA and CO2, and it never performed any different. It was awesome all the time, no matter the setup, the condition, or the air source.
Overall, I'd give this thing a 9/10, taking off a point for its sheer monstrosity. Until you try to maneuver a 20in barel hooked to an X7 through tight chaparrel, you have no clue how big the thing really is. Other than being awkward, there's nothing wrong with it. Oh, and I guess the air efficiency isn't that great, but I don't shoot as many balls due to the accuracy, so it doesn't bother me that much.

This post has been edited by marksman1941: 27 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Feedback +2/-0

#2 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

My friend has one (TheMedic) on his cannon of a 98c. Looks pretty accurate. I've laughed while watching him blow peoples faces off (Figuretively speaking)in big games, I'd say it's definately better then my 16 inch J and J. And it was made before the quality issues.

This post has been edited by Gas mask: 29 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

I am PayPal Verified.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users