• You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops. WHATS GOING ON! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Dear Special Ops Employees,

Recently, customer service has been awful. No one is answering phones. Emails are not being returned. Nasty Nate isn't on the forum. What happened? A lot, I mean A LOT of people are getting frustrated with SpecOps and telling everyone they know not to buy from you (someone recently just told me to stop ordering from you guys).

Don't get me wrong, I love Special Ops Paintball. About 95% of my stuff is from you guys. I will always swear by your products and will not leave because of a lack of customer service. But for a lot of people, this is not their case. They are leaving Special Ops and not bringing their business back.

Personally, I have emailed, called, and Pm'ed Nasty Nate multipe times about orders, and never received a response. Can any one from SO explain whats happening? Are employees getting laid off? Is SpecOps running a little short on employees?
If someone from SpecOps could just explain whats going on, I know it could help clear a lot of things up.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Jun 29 2009, 10:09 AM, said:

Dear Special Ops Employees,

Recently, customer service has been awful. No one is answering phones. Emails are not being returned. Nasty Nate isn't on the forum. What happened? A lot, I mean A LOT of people are getting frustrated with SpecOps and telling everyone they know not to buy from you (someone recently just told me to stop ordering from you guys).

Don't get me wrong, I love Special Ops Paintball. About 95% of my stuff is from you guys. I will always swear by your products and will not leave because of a lack of customer service. But for a lot of people, this is not their case. They are leaving Special Ops and not bringing their business back.

Personally, I have emailed, called, and Pm'ed Nasty Nate multipe times about orders, and never received a response. Can any one from SO explain whats happening? Are employees getting laid off? Is SpecOps running a little short on employees?
If someone from SpecOps could just explain whats going on, I know it could help clear a lot of things up.

Thanks.

I feel ya man, I got a hold of them like 2 weeks ago and then I haven't been able to get a hold of them since. I have a tpx that i ordered like two weeks ago and haven't received it yet kinda like to know whats going on as well. I too would love to keep supporting spec ops but I've been kinda thinking (hate to say it) that maybe it's time that i look somewhere else for the products that i need.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#3 User is offline   PaintballFrIPKss 

• Black Wood
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DarlarHitwin

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

I've noticed the same thing. A couple of weeks ago if you were to post or e-mail Nasty Nate you'd get a response in a day or two. It's not the same but hopefully they will get things up and running soon. I still plan on using S.O. for my gear. Maybe they're working on something. I don't know. As long as they continue to make good products and ship them I plan to support them.

#4 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys...I know where you're from coming from on this. I can assure you that we have noticed the issues and we're working to address them.

Nate has been out sick for an extended time now. I don't want to share his details but it has been fairly serious. Greg Gray has not been able to keep up on everything by himself.

I apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that this is very high on the priority list.

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

I know there has been a recent push to get the CS back in line... Nate & Greg have both been on the forefront in this effort. I spoke on the phone and/or thru e-mail w/ both of them just a month ago to get a problem resolved & they both were quick to respond & address my situation.

Thanks to Mo for popping in & updating everyone on the situation.

Good luck to Nate w/ his health, hope everything works out.

Best wishes to Greg while trying to pick up the slack!
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Mo.

That was what I was looking to hear. I still love Special Ops and will swear by my SO Gear. I was just curious as to what was going on. I hope Nate gets better.

Thanks.

#7 User is offline   dhbiking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WI recon

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

hmmm. that sounds just as "washed over" as most of the other answers i have gotten from you guys. ive been dealing with Special Ops on many different levels ( as a customer, a dealer, a teammate, and as a fellow player) for six years and there is something VERY much not right happening there right now! is it really just those two guys running the show?? where is everyone else? when i was a dealer for your product we NEVER had any issues getting a hold of people. there WERE several sales people answering the phone, a sales manager, one or two people handling dealer sales(Bonnie F.). i could even call during a big event like d day and get some guy that was still hanging out. they usually were not much help but at least SOMEONE anwered the phone. now as i am typing this message i have been trying to get a hold of someone FOR TWO WEEKS to place and order that i can only get from spec ops. i have left messages on all three lines, customer service, customer sales and even tried dealer sales again! the last few orders i did place with the company have had MAJOR problems. TWICE ive gotten product i didnt order. we got a few pair of pants that were labled small and wouldn't stay up on our resident "big guy" who wears a 42" or bigger. the best one was when i did a $500+ order and got charged TWICE which is not a big deal if corrected right away...BUT it took three weeks to get the other charge cleared.even then i got the same run around, computers were down, the right people were not there, really busy...ect.
i as well as many other players and a few dealers around the midwest would like a straight answer for once! WHAT IS GOING ON!!! Is there another big sell out happening? WHAT happened to the "OLD CREW"? Are the threads that made special ops what is it today coming apart at the seams?
special ops has created something VERY special in the world of paintball and even more so in the world of woodsball. the sport has already been through many growths and transformations.we've all stuck it out thus far and grown like crazy through it all. we are a pretty tough bunch. a kind of strange anomaly in the world of sports. as a whole i would say that we as paintballers can stand up to a bit more than most. you dont do very well in this sport unless your a bit " off center" for lack of a better term. one thing we dont do well with at all is a lot of BS! in our own lives or on the field. on our own field cheaters are watched and hunted mercilesly un till they quit.we have NEVER had to ask anyone to leave a game. so like i said bs does not go a long way with me and that seems to be all i have been getting. i would really like to see some improvment in the customer service but most of all i would like a straight forward answer for once.

#8 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Lol, I was getting pretty frustrated today. MO's post is somewhat relieving to hear. I was having some trouble with my order, and had been calling all day, but no luck. I have also sent two emails, one last week, and one before lunch today, but still no response.
Hope this gets fixed soon. I'm not leaving SpecOps, but this is annoying.

#9 User is offline   stayhuge 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

Knowing the way that business is in this economy, it appears that Special Ops is in the process of closing. Of course they are going to post once in a while assuring everyone that things are ok. In reality, they could be in the process of closing their doors. I am not saying that this is what is happening, but that is the way that it appears. Especially since there is no one there to answer the phones or even respond to emails. Either that, or there is some huge computer glitch that is affecting the ordering and shipping system. I am in the process of trying to get my credit card company to cancel the charge. No matter what is happening, Special Ops is showing some really poor business practices right now. Personally, I will never order from them again. And, I think that I am not alone there.

Basically what I am saying is, SPECIAL OPS, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, AND START RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS LIKE BUSINESSMEN (WOMEN)!!

I think that the Paintball industry has customers that are loyal to the suppliers, in some cases, no matter what. I know for a fact that in other forms of business, completely ignoring your customers and charging them without providing a product would result in bankruptcy. Sure hope I am wrong, especially since they have my money, and they are the only place to get the FORGE vest from!!
just my 2 cents

This post has been edited by stayhuge: 29 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

#10 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

One of our team sponsors is a SO Dealer (Sarge) and he can't even get a hold of them. About 3-4 weeks ago my teammate Enhander and I placed an order through Sarge to get some SO soft goods. Sarge went to work the next day trying to get the stuff ordered and has not heard one thing from SO. He told us he's called and left messages numberous times and emails about every other day to see what's up, and for almost a month he has never got an answer back. I dunno what is up at SO, but if this keeps up my team and I will be taking our business elsewhere.

This post has been edited by Varnel: 30 June 2009 - 06:47 AM

#11 User is offline   dhbiking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WI recon

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

keep these posts coming untill the problem goes away!

#12 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

No dobut. This is an on-going problem. Another teammate and 2 potential beginner players placed orders a while ago and never heard anything. The 2 people I recommended SO to will never buy from them again. I was going to order 3 Longbow mags...I wont now...SO needs to get the act together.

#13 User is offline   tbusch27 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

I recently placed a large order with spec ops on a reccomendation from a friend, the order was placed on the 26th of June, with everything in the order being listed as "ships within 5 days" and not only has the order not been shipped. But I've contacted customer service multiple times, including once early to try and ADD more to the order and they still won't even respond. I will be contacting my bank in order attempt to reverse the transaction if I do not get any reply within the next 2 days.

#14 User is offline   JSC_liason_neo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

same here i placed a large order over the phone a week or so ago and have no heard back from Greg, the operator

Nate has been sick for the past few weeks

This post has been edited by JSC_liason_neo: 09 July 2009 - 06:04 AM

Supporting
Paintballsports.com.au / Blast Radius Podcast / Webdog Radio
Woodsball in Adelaide, SA, Australia

#15 User is offline   HeavyD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:HeavyD3

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

Strange..... are all of these phone orders? I've read several posts about orders taking too long to ship/arrive, yet I placed an online order last Friday with 2 day shipping and it showed up yesterday. Maybe I just got lucky.....

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users