• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Mist Opinions? (slight spoiler warning) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

I just watched the movie The Mist, based on Stephen King's book (drceted by Frank Darabont).

The movie's great and all, but for those of you who have seen it, what are your opinions on the ending? I thought it was horrible, the whole idea of it. It had Stephen King written all over it, but damn that sucked. I mean, it was a good ending, but out of any movie I've ever seen that was probably the most negative resolution I've ever seen.

I love how, in a lot of works like this (especially King), one of the main threats to humanity is the people themselves. If you count only the people who were trapped in the store, they killed themselves more than the creatures in the mist did. If it wasn't for that stupid prophecy lady, maybe David and the others would have been able to keep everyone's head straight.

And the things in the fog were so cool. The pharmacy scene was crazy. Good movie, horrible ending.

#2 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on May 10 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

I just watched the movie The Mist, based on Stephen King's book (drceted by Frank Darabont).

The movie's great and all, but for those of you who have seen it, what are your opinions on the ending? I thought it was horrible, the whole idea of it. It had Stephen King written all over it, but damn that sucked. I mean, it was a good ending, but out of any movie I've ever seen that was probably the most negative resolution I've ever seen.

I love how, in a lot of works like this (especially King), one of the main threats to humanity is the people themselves. If you count only the people who were trapped in the store, they killed themselves more than the creatures in the mist did. If it wasn't for that stupid prophecy lady, maybe David and the others would have been able to keep everyone's head straight.

And the things in the fog were so cool. The pharmacy scene was crazy. Good movie, horrible ending.

Not the same ending as in the short story, but the rest of the movie was pretty faithful to the book version (Graveyard Shift?) of short stories. I was surprised it took so long to bring this story to the big screen, and if you ask me, with the exception of "The Shining", it was probably the best movie made from any of his stories.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

A friend of mine told me about the Mist, he said it was one of the dumbest movies hes ever seen and I would have to agree with him when I saw what was "in the Mist" and come to think about the movie, the Mist reminded me of John Carpenter's "The Fog", its a cheesy movie now compared to the horror flicks of today, but it was scary to watch back then...considering where I live and it does foggy over here.

Warpaint mentioned Graveyard Shift, that and IT were scary to watch "alone at home and in the dark".

#4 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

"The Mist," "The Fog," is there a reason people keep on making movies about precipitation?
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#5 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on May 11 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

A friend of mine told me about the Mist, he said it was one of the dumbest movies hes ever seen and I would have to agree with him when I saw what was "in the Mist" and come to think about the movie, the Mist reminded me of John Carpenter's "The Fog", its a cheesy movie now compared to the horror flicks of today, but it was scary to watch back then...considering where I live and it does foggy over here.

Warpaint mentioned Graveyard Shift, that and IT were scary to watch "alone at home and in the dark".

I think you might be mistaken. The special effects, the plot, and the directing are very unique compared to most other horror movies today, and never have I seen an ending as shocking as the one in the Mist.

Besides, it's pretty originial compared to the bombardment of zombie movies that have been hitting theaters. The idea isn't cheesy at all, especially with the modern military twist, where the monsters are actually from another dimension that was connected to the Earth by a wormhole opened up by the Army. It's a typical science fiction horror movie, yet very unique.

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 11 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

#6 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

View PostMaDuce, on May 11 2008, 08:47 PM, said:

"The Mist," "The Fog," is there a reason people keep on making movies about precipitation?

they hate UK. ;) :dodgy:
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#7 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

View PostMaDuce, on May 11 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

becuase it would be a horrible scary movie if it was called "the sunshine" or "partially cloudy"
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#8 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

View Postraptorbite, on May 11 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

View PostMaDuce, on May 11 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

becuase it would be a horrible scary movie if it was called "the sunshine" or "partially cloudy"

that made me LOL. haha. i didnt see it but heard it was decent.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#9 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on May 11 2008, 05:55 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on May 11 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

I think you might be mistaken. The special effects, the plot, and the directing are very unique compared to most other horror movies today, and never have I seen an ending as shocking as the one in the Mist.

Besides, it's pretty originial compared to the bombardment of zombie movies that have been hitting theaters. The idea isn't cheesy at all, especially with the modern military twist, where the monsters are actually from another dimension that was connected to the Earth by a wormhole opened up by the Army. It's a typical science fiction horror movie, yet very unique.

Mistaken about what....a Mist/Fog that contains some Form of Evil from another Time and Dimension and if anyone is caught up and or has wandered into the Fog/Mist is immediately killed and devoured....eh, nothing new and unique there.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 11 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

#10 User is offline   Midnight Phenom 

• The Midnight Phenom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:midnight phenom

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

ok i jus watched it ..well like lil parts of it..were did the things come from?..and the ending did suck for that guy..i thought it was a pretty weird twist..other then that not a bad movie..i did see the scene with the crazy lady gets owned lol

#11 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:22 AM

The Army opened up a wormhle to another dimension. The mist was the atmosphere of the other dimension and it leaked out through the wormhole, along with a lot of the creatures from the dimension.

And Evil, you aren't devoured as soon as you step into the mist. They made it all the way to a pharmacy in the movie, and the only things stopping them there were acid-web shooting spiders.

#12 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

I did say its nothing new right?

#13 User is offline   OmgItsAFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

This post has been edited by OmgItsAFire: 14 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

#14 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

^I agree. If the guy really loved his family, he would have risked his life, gotten out, and pushed. Or, they could have found the nearest house and found refuge in the basement. They could have at least not killed themselves and stayed together as a family in the car for a few more days.

#15 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

"Hey guys! Im gonna shoot you all!" BANG BANG BANG. 2 minutes later m1a2 abrams rolls right past.

Note: Did you guys notice that the lady that just walked out of the store in the beginning was in the back of one of the cars at the end smiling?

Other note: From the direction of the car and the direction of the army, they were actually running away from their only hope. Chances are that the people from the store were freed a long time beforehand.

Other other note: The two smartest guys in the movie were the main character that survived and the sidekick.

Other other other note: When the pistol falls on the hood of the car, it has no blood on it.

Last note, I swear: That huge monster near the end was awesome. THINK about what it took to take that bad boy down...

This post has been edited by Steel Tiger: 12 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users