• You cannot reply to this topic

Review - American PB Park Livermore CA Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

I got a chance to play at a new field this weekend - thought Id share....

The field is American Paintball Park, In Livermore CA...a small field that has only been in business for a few months.

Overall not bad.

Fairly primitive playing areas - a spool field, a couple of hay bale fields and a dirt mound field. Not much exiting...but that is to be expected from a place that was an empty pasture 8 months ago...it has some room to grow & the owner has some interesting ideas on how he wants the playing field to develop. In time I think the playing areas will be greatly improved. Even so, the layouts were fun to play, with the Mound field being surprisingly challenging. The hay bale fields were set into bunker shapes not usually seen with inflatables, with plenty of little nooks & angles. Cleverly done with minimal resources. This field has no permanent structures yet - all equipment (including air) is trucked in each day...but the trucks are cool with snazzy graphics and a truck-mounted compressor system.

Despite this, its really well managed. The owner, Cliff is a really nice guy & runs a good operation. Ref quality is outstanding - some of the best Ive seen on a rec field that size. Refs were on the ball all day & safety rules were well enforced at all times. The staging area is clean with plenty of spool tables, but I didnt notice if there was a washing area or not.
3000 air is available, but no 4500 or CO2 but those may be coming fairly soon. Air isnt self serve, but I never had to wait long for a fill so that wasnt a problem.

Crowd size was moderate - maybe 30 players at the most, mixed experience levels. Skill levels were well balanced and teams were mixed up thru-out the day.

My linkhttp://www.americanpaintballpark.com/

A fun, casual recreational field. Not too expensive, with a friendly well managed staff. Team Lockdown will certainly be playing there again sometime, and we look forward to seeing how this field develops. Located right off the freeway in Livermore so its easy to reach from the East Bay, Contra Costa or the Central Valley. Not fancy, but worth checking out...a great place for less experienced players.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

RENTAL EQUIPMENT
Includes New Tippmann 98 marker with Tippmann 200 Ball Hopper, Ninja HPA (high pressure air) with all day air refills, V Force Armor Fieldvision Mask (YOURS TO KEEP)
Rental w/Mask.....$60.00
Rental without Mask.....$55.00
(Carry extra ammo with belt & 2 pods $5.00, HPA 3000 psi and 4500 psi is $10.00 all day).

RENTAL TANK
Rental is for tank only, no air....$5.00

PAINTBALLS
House Paint:
1/4 Case ..... $15.00
1/2 Case ..... $25.00
Full Case ..... $50.00

Special Paint:
1/2 Case ..... $30.00
Full Case ..... $60.00
Posted Image

Share this topic: