Special Ops Paintball: Mini help :\ - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini help :\

#1 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Well I just got my Mini with Rampage board. And it worked fine for the 1st 100ish shots. Then in choped....like EVERY ball. And then started leaking outthe barrel....I took it apart cleand and relobed it. and its still leaking out the barrel. What wrong?

Also, how do I adjust the velocity? The book is a little hard to understand.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#2 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

It does not like you toast so send it to me as it will like me
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   zWarlord 

• Thought Police
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:zWarlord

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

velocity is adjusted by inserting a hex into the back plate.
as for the leaking take off the air and cycle the marker, the noid may be out of synch, this will re-set it.
Proud USF Bull

I am but a lifeguard in the human gene pool

#4 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

View PostzWarlord, on Jul 16 2007, 07:06 PM, said:

velocity is adjusted by inserting a hex into the back plate.
as for the leaking take off the air and cycle the marker, the noid may be out of synch, this will re-set it.

By cycleing the marker, you just mean like stick my finger in the breach to trick the eyes, and and just hitting the trigger right? Well Have dont that like 100times now.... And it still does not work.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>

#5 User is offline   Super Saber 

• May the Schwartz be with you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Tater

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

View Postfrench t0ast, on Jul 16 2007, 04:51 PM, said:

Well I just got my Mini with Rampage board. And it worked fine for the 1st 100ish shots. Then in choped....like EVERY ball. And then started leaking outthe barrel....I took it apart cleand and relobed it. and its still leaking out the barrel. What wrong?

Also, how do I adjust the velocity? The book is a little hard to understand.

I just a Invert Mini, and I know how to adjust the velocity. On the back of the gun their a 1/4 allen key "screw" in the middle of a "O" the mini logo, trun it to the right to trun it up, and left to go down. Now it maybe stiff but dont force it, it will move.

On the chopping, it maybe the eyes are "off" or drity, but then again I just got my mini.

#6 User is offline   TREYisRAD 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TREYisRAD

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

some minis had a 'blowback' issue which caused the chopping. there is a self fix (look on PBN for it) or send it into Empire.
After fixing the blowback issue, it should shoot like a dream
TREYisRAD Support! ~cor_man257 Matt senghing27 FusionV2/JK 207~ "Trey is Rad. nuff said." -cor_man257
Sponsored By: Planet Eclipse
DigitalPirate "Don't let Trey near the kid. Once he gets his hands on it, he'll sell it."

#7 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

Alright, well i cant really test the chopping issue with it still dumping all the gas out of the barrel :\

#8 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

It works guys. I think its the Popet? Was not closeing off all the way.

#9 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Hey t0ast I love my mini hope you will get to have fun with it too.

To turn the eyes off(to dry fire) pull and hold the trigger while the gun is off then turn it on.

also you want to break in the regulator spring. fill up a couple air tanks and then turn that velocity adjuster all the way down this drastically limits the amount of air going into the gun. By doing this you get many more shots out of your tank and you quiet the marker while dryfiring. it will take a while but put the mini in full auto and put something in the trigger to keep it going then leave the room lol. you may get 4-5 thousand shots off a 68 45 filled so it could take a while. By doing this a couple times you break in the reg spring and the poppet (or other internals) once you put maybe 3 or 4 tanks through the gun you will notice a serious decrease in marker kick and the consistency will be great. I did this to my mini and over the chrono it was plus minus 2 I was impressed. when you are done dryfiring and the backplate is all the way in turn it one full turn out and that will put you real near 280 fps so its a good starting point to chrono from. I hope this helps!

also it says to put the mini at 200 psi on the reg but that reg I heard can be inaccurate (usually under reading the pressure ie it says 200 but 220 psi is actually in your marker) so drop the operating pressure to 180 to be on the safe side and adjust the velocity via the backplate accordingly

This post has been edited by DvS21: 16 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#10 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

View PostDvS21, on Jul 17 2007, 12:04 AM, said:

Hey t0ast I love my mini hope you will get to have fun with it too.

To turn the eyes off(to dry fire) pull and hold the trigger while the gun is off then turn it on.

also you want to break in the regulator spring. fill up a couple air tanks and then turn that velocity adjuster all the way down this drastically limits the amount of air going into the gun. By doing this you get many more shots out of your tank and you quiet the marker while dryfiring. it will take a while but put the mini in full auto and put something in the trigger to keep it going then leave the room lol. you may get 4-5 thousand shots off a 68 45 filled so it could take a while. By doing this a couple times you break in the reg spring and the poppet (or other internals) once you put maybe 3 or 4 tanks through the gun you will notice a serious decrease in marker kick and the consistency will be great. I did this to my mini and over the chrono it was plus minus 2 I was impressed. when you are done dryfiring and the backplate is all the way in turn it one full turn out and that will put you real near 280 fps so its a good starting point to chrono from. I hope this helps!

also it says to put the mini at 200 psi on the reg but that reg I heard can be inaccurate (usually under reading the pressure ie it says 200 but 220 psi is actually in your marker) so drop the operating pressure to 180 to be on the safe side and adjust the velocity via the backplate accordingly

Sweet thanks for the help, I am useing the APR board, so I have to double tab my on button for eyes off.

Cool, I will make sure to break it in. Thanks

t0asty

#11 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

It sounds like your poppet locked forward or had lube on the front seal. Only lube the o-ring on the back of the poppet, the thing on front is a seal, so that the poppet will reset itself. If you put lube on the seal, then clean it off, and clean the area where it seals on the bolt guide. Make sure that the poppet is all the way seated in the bolt guide, and then screw the back cap all the way in, then out two full turns. After this, turn the gun eyes off with no air and shoot it about 100-200 times. This will reset the solenoid. Then gas er' up and see what happens.

If this doesn't work then take your hopper off, and put two balls into the gun. If the second ball jumps out of the feedneck then set your dwell to 35 and retry. If it persists then you have a faulty poppet and you should call Paintball Solutions. They will then mail you a new poppet free of charge, and your problem should be solved.

Oh and as soon as you can, buy a delrin bolt from Rhythm Innovations. It will make your gun quieter, have less kick, lower your dwell, and will not be scratched up by the spring as the stock one is.

Don't give up on your Mini, they're great guns once you get them working.

Oh and I have a question for you. Does you solenoid have two dents at the bottom of it near the epoxy seal (the black stuff)?

#12 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

Yeah the same thing with the poppet happened to me, just needs lubed. If it persists you might need to set your BIP higher.
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce

#13 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

yep I fixed it now, but that was the problem, thanks guys :]

#14 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Wait...what was the problem?

#15 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

Stuck poppet.
Digitally Dangerous

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users