• You cannot reply to this topic

Combat Roles Pointman, Leader Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   SoldierzHonor 

• Geared and Feared
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HONOR

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:47 AM

There are a few things to remember if your on point.

1st - vegitation grows up. I've seen people try to put grass and limbs on themselves. If you pay attention to your surroundings you can pick out a straight barrel, grass growing "sideways" because someone draped it over them, thinner branches are usually at the top of trees unless coming from a small tree close to the ground, leaves usually lay flat unless being disturbed by the wind, an open area across from a densely wooded area is usually a bad thing.

The wind can be both your fried and your enemy. The wind can help you see something that isnt moving that should be. It can also conceal movement if a crosswind or good flowing front wind through sound.

You might also ask yourself, if I wanted to setup an ambush, where would I set it up at for peak effectiveness. Also, where could I go to get a better vantage on that position.
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload"
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him"
If your gonna die, die with HONOR
Cobra Mamba IR3, Acid Wash Excalibur, Gold 03 Viking, Gold X-milled Bushy with PDS, Green/Green Fade E-Orracle, Black Raven Primal, 2 Black AMG LCD's...

#32 User is offline   infantry405 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Trigga happy

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:36 AM

awsome post thanks for the detail!

#33 User is offline   Predator88 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Predator88

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

PB Ghost, on Jun 6 2005, 05:05 PM, said:

that was a great post!

i would pin it but thats out of my control

i have two questions,

is a pointman a dagger (light rifleman)?

i think i fit the description of point man and have played it one spook and ambush and made a heroic diving effort to get the sniper out, i have played saber numerus times but i useualy play sniper, anyway

what kind of gun would be ideal for point man,

i have a 98c flatline three position car stock remote line rocket cock II,

and a 98c solid stock 14"stiffi barrel and rocket cock II

which should i use, and if i saved up what would i get?

yes he is the dagger look at this gun for the perfect gun

This post has been edited by Predator88: 25 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

#34 User is offline   medicman82 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:medicman82

Post icon  Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:27 AM

Hey USMC i how do you remember your 14 leadership traits?? "JJ DID TIE BUCKLE".

#35 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

snake eyes 88 usmc, on Jul 9 2005, 07:48 AM, said:

Everything I ever needed in life was issued to me by the Marine Corps, Everything I ever needed to know in life was instructed to by the Marine Corps. Here are some of the basic leadership principals of the Marine Corps it applies to many situations including the battlefield to buisness world. By following thease philosophies of Marine Corps leadership I have been able to be sucessfull in not the only Corps but the Civilain world as well.

The Leader is the Master Manipulater his job is essentially to get people to do things that they would normally not do otherwise. His job is to get others to forget about the inherient instincts of selfishness for the good of the whole. His job is to mould minds and attitudes. This is all done w/out anybody ever knowing that it's happening, a good leader will build a fluid moving coheasive team out of raw materials. The Raw materials will be hammered, forged, cast, and sculpted w/out realizing the change only untill one day they relize that everything fits right and they are a part of it somehow. He has a charisma that puts the minds of his men at ease and ln turn makes them suggestable to new concepts.

The 14 leadership traits are required intangible items that must be inside any and all who are capable of leading other men, they are easily remembered by the acronym- JJ DID TIE BUCKLE.
Judgement
Justice
Decisiveness
Integrity
Dependability
Tact
Initiative
Enthusiasm
Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Endurance

There are two leadership objectives:
The primary objective of leadership is mission accomplishment. This requires a goal-oriented approach. A leader must identify long-term goals for the team and the short-term steps the organization needs to take to achieve those goals.
The secondary objective of Leadership is troop welfare—which can also be described as team welfare or individual welfare. The leader must have empathy for the men he in charge of thier needs are his resposibilty and must have the ability to see through thier eyes and to make sure that the needs of those in the team are looked after ( note that this does not in many means pampering first the mission then the sleep ).

Leadership principles:
Develop a sense of responsibility among your Team- Understanding that the leader cannot can be everywhere all the time. The leader delegates responsibility among his entire team, an individual is now no longer left w/the burden of carrying the entire weight of the team and at the same time develops a trust and confidence amongst the team mambers. The leader must empower his men to make decisions and at the same time holds them accountable for the outcome of those decisions made.

Be technically and tactically proficient
All leaders are trained thoroughly in the mechanics of their job and have a deep understanding of the skills of their profession.

Make sound and timely decisions
Decisiveness and judgment must be one in the same.
The leader must be able to make quick and accurate decisions.

Keep Your men Informed
While it is true that time does not allow for an explanation of orders to tasks given at all instances, and is to be understood that subordinate given the order will carry it w/out an explanation this is not to say that your men should blindly follow you. When time is available, subordinates are told the “why” behind the orders. BY doing this the leader ensures that all his troops understand the goals of the team as well as how they fit into the overall scheme. Leaders talk to their troops often, even if it’s just to say that everything is going according to plan.

Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
By taking on responsibility leaders show that they have confidence in their own abilities. When a leader make mistakes, they are bound my a moral sense to own up to it. Admitting to their mistakes shows integrity and maturity.

Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised and accomplished
The leader must be very specific about exactly what he needs done and who is responsible for its completion. Set deadlines, benchmarks and they follow up. Although you must be very specific about what needs done, the how of the task gets pushed as far down the chain of command as possible. This allows for a great deal of flexibility at the small unit level, as well as letting team memebers all the way down to the very bottom a chance at making a contributing decision that will help them grow and learn.

Train your men as a team
Unit co-heasion is a combinatio of trust, loyality, ability of team member to understand the function of each other. If a team has the best individuals in the world, it will be worthless if they don’t’ work together in a coordinated fashion. communication between all team members is essential. the leader must also spend time cross training so that each team member has an understanding of what members are responsible for and have enough compatence to fill the gap if another member is unable for any reason to accopmplish his duties.

Employ your team in accordance with its capabilities
The leader must be realistic about the personnel, time and resources he needs to accomplish the objectives of the team.

Set the example
This is the hallmark of the leadership principles.
If a leader is setting the example, he makes sound and timely decisions, and keeps his or her team informed, etc. To lead, one must stand as the shinning example of what is expected of the team, exemplifieng all standards that each team member desires to live up to.

One last thing to remeber is there is no such thing as natural leaders and followers. While it is true thst it is easier for some to assume the leadership role, a leader exists inside all men.
It is the job of the master manipulator to explore and harvest the potential of his men to become leaders themselves one day. Eventually one day you must step aside and relive your command to the man who will assume your duties, it is your obligation to those you lead to ensure you are putting the welfare and sucess of the team into the hands of someone who is most capable of fufiiling thease duties.

amen, amen i say to you!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#36 User is offline   flaminF 

• fire for effect!
  • Pip

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

military experiece also shows that if you are the point man, and your going into a conflict your probabley going to die. Same goes for paintball too, i have been pointman for the SpecOps factory team for about 2 years, and i have gotten used to getting shot a lot! Your job is basically to react to any contact you recieve and act as the eyes of the squad leader. As point i would recommend whatever feels comfortable in terms of what to wear and shoot. If you dont like it and its not natural your going to worry about comfort instead of getting shot. Also if you are going point ensure that you are fast enough to respond to contact without getting hit. Otherthan that if you do choose the underappreciated position of point i hope you have tough skin and wear a cup because you are in for some fun!
Forrest Davis
Former: Special Ops Customer Service Rep
Now: 2LT US Army

#37 User is offline   irishnd98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:irishnd98

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

Okay I agree with last point a point man is a dagger... He is not in command at all. A commander if with a patrol is always in the middle. Point men die, they are in first position and are the best at responding to contact. They can be fat tall whatever as long as they can be quick. Sometimes the best response to a near side ambush is direct assault. This is nearly always a suicide mission but the right answer. Why would you want to put your commander in this position. I'm not saying the point man cannot lead in an ambush but the truth is a real commander is worried about the whole conflict not one ambush. Instict and command ability are two different things. A point man has good instict and quickness but should not be your best leader. Um on side not the whole marine leadership stuff, while valid and cool does not have anything to do with post and actually takes away from it...
"You don't know if you really believe or not till the bullets are flying!"

#38 User is offline   Jordan 

• Me
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Me

Post icon  Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

Nice post but it was long, so it took me like ten minutes to read, but still good.
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#39 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:54 AM

View PostPB Ghost, on Jun 6 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

that was a great post!

i would pin it but thats out of my control

i have two questions,

is a pointman a dagger (light rifleman)?

i think i fit the description of point man and have played it one spook and ambush and made a heroic diving effort to get the sniper out, i have played saber numerus times but i useualy play sniper, anyway

what kind of gun would be ideal for point man,

i have a 98c flatline three position car stock remote line rocket cock II,

and a 98c solid stock 14"stiffi barrel and rocket cock II

which should i use, and if i saved up what would i get?

dagger is probably the best position 4 point man and u should get a a5 a2 dagger but costs around $700
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#40 User is offline   EliteSoldier 

• Command Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Elite

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Pointman is a scary position in the role of a squad, I'm either taking the six or in the middle.

#41 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

Pointman is a unique roll and requires a roll player. Usualy a dagger makes a good pointman, BUT you need to watch out for which dagger you put out there. The overaggressive speed demon who runs to far ahead does you no good. I use a Sabre who is an excellent comunicator for my pointman.

I recently noticed a TANK HUNTER position when logging in game play. Does any one know if there will be a position write up for tank hunter. I thus far have considered tank hunting a speciality role for hammers. does this sound right?
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#42 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

View Postcommander mike, on Apr 13 2006, 05:54 AM, said:

dagger is probably the best position 4 point man and u should get a a5 a2 dagger but costs around $700

well that post was last year, and my probalem was solved, i went with the light setup, took the stock of my 98 and used the stiffi got an appache, and playing point led me to play speedball,

Now i have an ion w/ halo B and stfii ext ect,

A "speedball" gun as some call them is ideal for the pointman, light and easy to bring to shoot
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#43 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

View PostSgt Allen, on Jun 11 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

Things i seek in a pointman, someone whos usualy not too tall, or wide, a smaller target is good, soemone 5'8 or so with about 140 lbs or less on them, someone fast and physically fit so they can get the hell out if they need to. thats just my opinion

I understand the point your making here, but the persons height really doesn't matter, if one guy is 6' and one guy is 5'5" they are both just as easy of targets, unless we are calculating random fire flying everywhere they will both be hit if someone shoots at them, I don't think your size should determine your ability to play this role unless you are physically unable to keep up, or endure.

View PostPB Ghost, on Apr 22 2006, 10:53 AM, said:

View Postcommander mike, on Apr 13 2006, 05:54 AM, said:

well that post was last year, and my probalem was solved, i went with the light setup, took the stock of my 98 and used the stiffi got an appache, and playing point led me to play speedball,

Now i have an ion w/ halo B and stfii ext ect,

A "speedball" gun as some call them is ideal for the pointman, light and easy to bring to shoot

I was about to say that, my DM4 with Tadao Musashi 5 chip was only 500$ and it can hold it's own in the woods just as well if not better than a milsim marker.

#44 User is offline   -=JF=- 

• The Spartan Rifleman (1st. Lt.)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-=JF=-

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

yes nice but a little long nice points though
Spartan Division is proudly sponsored by: Jasse paintball and Rockstar Tactical Sytems

Most Valuable Team(Germans)- Skirmish's Battle for Berlin '07

#45 User is offline   -=EL=- 

• The Spartan Commander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-=EL=-

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:39 PM

View Postprophet_subgenius, on Apr 20 2006, 09:44 AM, said:

Pointman is a unique roll and requires a roll player. Usualy a dagger makes a good pointman, BUT you need to watch out for which dagger you put out there. The overaggressive speed demon who runs to far ahead does you no good. I use a Sabre who is an excellent comunicator for my pointman.

I recently noticed a TANK HUNTER position when logging in game play. Does any one know if there will be a position write up for tank hunter. I thus far have considered tank hunting a speciality role for hammers. does this sound right?

I dont think so, the Hammer has too large of a gear kit or amount of ordinance to be responsible for to also have to worry about hauling around a rocket launcher and amunition for it. If tank hunter would be a secondary role (which in my eyes it should be) it should probobly be assigned to a Broadsword. The Sabre's and Daggers are on the front lines of flanking too often and risk being taken out more than a broadsword does.

His gear kit also alows him more mobility than a Hammer and he can therefore handel the gear requirements too operate a launcher.

Being that the Spec ops positions are built for teams, I dont think Tank Hunter should be a primary role within a team, being that a true tank hunters role would be to hunt tanks, and not to fufil the teams objective. And if a primary role tank hunter would move with a team, how many tanks is the team going to encounter so that they need a player constantly with a launcher? It would be a boring role to say the least.

This post has been edited by -=EL=-: 10 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users