Special Ops Paintball: Making a Q-Bow - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making a Q-Bow Needin a little help... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Splat13 

• Runnin' through the field with both guns blazin'!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Splat13

Post icon  Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

Alright hello everybody, I'm Pvbmisfit...AKA Splat13 on here.. I have been playing paintball for about five years now and I love all types of paintball but I am especially partial to woodsball. Now my favourite position (Also the one I seem to be best at) is a sniper. Specifically an Ambush sniper. I own a dangerous Power G3. I want to convert it into a Q-Bow for sniping purposes. Here's what I was planning to do...

Purchase the G3 Longbow Quick Change Kit
Purchase the Q-Loader 200 Round system
Then attach the Q-loader to my reg and run the hose into the longbow adaptor port.
ontop of which I would mount a Red Dot Scope.
I plan on running a remote to a Tac Bottle Leg pouch.
And to top it all off i would wear action ghillie

I also plan on Duracoat painting my g3...

My question to YOU is, How do you think this will work?
Do you have any suggestions?

The total of all this comes out to about
$620 (rounding up and after tax)

Anyways I'm hoping that by the end i can become the invisible sniper i wish to be.

Let me know what you think!!!!! :ghillie: :ghillie: :ghillie: :ghillie: :ghillie:

thanks
M.I. Army FACEPAINTER

#2 User is offline   TOT Shadow Company 

• TOT Sniper/Scout
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOT Shadow Company

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

Hello Splat13:

I currently own a Spec Ops Q Bow Ion and I love it. Some things I should point out...Get a vest to hold your tank/pods on your back. Try the Spec Ops broadsword. It has a 6+2 config plus you can run a remote which is a great help when you are doing the belly crawl to get into position. The tank on your leg will hinder your movement up or down. I would go for the 500 Q-Loader system. You never know when you might need the extra ammo plus you will have the room for it with the new vest. You may need to get a mag well adaptor for the Longbow kit. Talk to MOATI or just call the crew at Spec Ops, they will be glad to help. I noticed you are in FL, are you going to blanding on Sept 4th-6th? I will have my Q Bow setup there...I can let you check it out and show you what I am talking about.

I hope this helps out...

This post has been edited by TOT Shadow Company: 04 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

View PostSplat13, on Aug 4 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

Alright hello everybody, I'm Pvbmisfit...AKA Splat13 on here.. I have been playing paintball for about five years now and I love all types of paintball but I am especially partial to woodsball. Now my favourite position (Also the one I seem to be best at) is a sniper. Specifically an Ambush sniper. I own a dangerous Power G3. I want to convert it into a Q-Bow for sniping purposes. Here's what I was planning to do...

Then attach the Q-loader to my reg and run the hose into the longbow adaptor port.

You should have this to connect the hose to the Longbow adaptor.
(I'm reading your notes as if you intend to fit the hose straight to the Longbow feed, if you mean the QBow adaptor then ignore me!)

http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/specia...dapter-kit.html

The other option that may be worthwhile is to see if the hose feeds smoothly. I changed the QLoader hose to garden pond piping which has a smoother interior:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Splat13 

• Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

I wont be making it out to Blanding this year sadly,

For me the idea of the Q-Bow came so that way i wouldnt have to carry longbow mags around. and I figured that i wouldn't need to bring extra pods because i'd be using only 100 rounds considering i'm a sniper and i dont need to lay paint. Also that way i wouldnt have to carry anything around considering that a vest + ghillie is kind of defeating the purpose...but one thing i did wonder is where can i get those like 1/2 ghillie suits.. They show one here

http://articles.specialopspaintball.com/in...iew/sniper-tech

do they still have that around???

Anyways, i am trying to find the most convenient configuration. So all help is greatly appreciated..

View PostTommikka, on Aug 4 2009, 01:26 PM, said:

View PostSplat13, on Aug 4 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

You should have this to connect the hose to the Longbow adaptor.
(I'm reading your notes as if you intend to fit the hose straight to the Longbow feed, if you mean the QBow adaptor then ignore me!)

http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/specia...dapter-kit.html

thankyou, you read my notes correctly and i was not aware that i would need that piece.
M.I. Army FACEPAINTER

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

Don't know what they still stock ghillie wise but search 'action ghillie' on the shop site.
Even if specific suits are not available the 'density upgrades' could be used.

I would however recommend looking at army surplus shops as the action ghillie material is the same sort of thing we have tonnes of in UK surplus shops, (a thin material with a colour on either side, cut stamped so that there is a colour mix)

Or a mini ghillie can be reasonably easily made. I made this over occasional evenings over about a month for my nephew:

At a Falklands themed game we had the appropriate wet weather. He has it on as a cape but it can be worn as a hood etc:
Posted Image

The base material was actually a white snow camouflage for vehicle 'skirting' selected due to the holes dyed a light green:
Posted Image

The 3d effect is from a giant roll of twine made into loops and dyed in a variety of colours:
Posted Image

Then cut the loops making rough lengths and randomly looped into the base. I constantly turned the material as well so there was no obvious direction of attachment.

An early stage shows patchyness:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

DON"T get a leg pouch for your air. I tried in it my ghillie and had bruises on my knee. It is a pain as soon as your start jogging/running or if your just crawling!

If you are crawling a lot, consider not applying ghillie material to the front of your legs. I crawl a ton and have tore up my front a lot. I am probably going to remove the ghillie on the front legs, but keep it on my backside.

What is your budjet for a red dot scope? I STRONGLY reccommend a Hakko Panorama Red Dot sight. I :dry: mine, but it is pricy!

Make sure your ghillie blends in with your area too! I made that mistake once :laugh:

#7 User is offline   Splat13 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

haha i wont get the wrong camo, i think im just going to start with strong camo and then build up a ghillie suit over time
M.I. Army FACEPAINTER

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users