• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#691 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

I thought someone had said that the TPX was on par with the T8, about 24 shots. I was wondering if that had been confirmed or if something new has been learned.

40 shots? That would be damned impressive.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#692 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 27 2009, 09:58 AM, said:

I thought someone had said that the TPX was on par with the T8, about 24 shots. I was wondering if that had been confirmed or if something new has been learned.

40 shots? That would be damned impressive.

Yeah I know. That's what I thought when I had heard that. Don't think it's gonna be though.

This post has been edited by Stonewall: 27 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#693 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

It looks pretty cool overall, yeah. I'm not sure I like the shape of the grip, but that's just from the photos on their product guide...Just looks a little...square. It'd be nice if they managed something along the lines of a Beretta 92/90two, I love those grips. It'd be a shame if I had to learn a new natural point of aim. :( lol Nothing's better than being able to put shots on target without even having to think about it.

#694 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hey Puz, just searched. The only thing I found about efficiency (at least in this forum) started at post #119 in this thread. They talk about how Tippmann is/was aiming for 40 but no one is really sure.

Stone

#695 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

I heard they are aiming for 4 mags. People assumed 10 rounds per mag = 40 shots. But with 8 per mag = 32 shots. That sounds more reasonable. It's already possible to get that out of a Tiberius with polishing, slow fire rate, and warm conditions.

#696 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

View PostJackson, on Mar 27 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

I heard they are aiming for 4 mags. People assumed 10 rounds per mag = 40 shots. But with 8 per mag = 32 shots. That sounds more reasonable. It's already possible to get that out of a Tiberius with polishing, slow fire rate, and warm conditions.

Yeah that would make more sense. 40 is a LOT.

#697 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

The number of shots will be in the 20s depending on the rate of fire. So basically two mags and a half or so. One thing that is supposed to be different is that this modified spool valve will shoot pretty consistently(+/-10fps) until it gasses out. If true, that'll make it more accurate than any other 12g gun by a good margin. That is one thing I'm excited about.

Two weeks!
Rob

#698 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

Well if you turn the velocity down to 265-275 range, you can probably squeeze 3+ mags out of it I would think. The way I play with a pistol, a tenth of a second more is not going to be enough time to save their arse.

#699 User is offline   Oz-Albatross 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Oz-Albatross

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:22 AM

My concern at this stage (for what it's worth) is the quick change for the 12gram. Sure a 1/4 turn is no doubt superior than older pistols out there, but is it really as innovative as they made out.

I take it to change the 12g the end cap has to be removed entirely and the replacement inserted, followed by putting the cap back in (I could be totally wrong here). Am I the only one who sees a problem with this, like when you are in the middle of a gunfight and you need to change your 12g and in your haste you drop the end cap onto the ground amongst the twigs, leaves, rocks etc. In this situation you are probably going to take 2 shots in the ear before you find the cap - if you find it.

Would a lever-lock type system work better, or even a side-ejection set up? It just seems like the way it's set up now, a player will need some good dexterity to change 12gs quickly. Guess the first mod to think about is a way to keep the cap attached to the marker between 12g exchanges.

My 2c.

#700 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

Step 1 - Grab new 12g and hold with last 2 fingers of left hand, bottom near center of hand.
Step 2 - Remove end cap with thumb and forefinger of left hand.
Step 3 - Tilt marker down to drop old 12g.
Step 4 - Lift marker and slide new 12g in.
Step 5 - Replace end cap
Step 6 - Shoot.

It doesn't take that much dexterity and it's pretty fast. It just takes a bit of practice with a couple of empty 12g.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#701 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

And you can always tie a string, or material of choice, to the cap and gun to make sure you don't lose it.

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#702 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

View PostOz-Albatross, on Mar 30 2009, 08:22 AM, said:

My concern at this stage (for what it's worth) is the quick change for the 12gram. Sure a 1/4 turn is no doubt superior than older pistols out there, but is it really as innovative as they made out.

I take it to change the 12g the end cap has to be removed entirely and the replacement inserted, followed by putting the cap back in (I could be totally wrong here). Am I the only one who sees a problem with this, like when you are in the middle of a gunfight and you need to change your 12g and in your haste you drop the end cap onto the ground amongst the twigs, leaves, rocks etc. In this situation you are probably going to take 2 shots in the ear before you find the cap - if you find it.

Would a lever-lock type system work better, or even a side-ejection set up? It just seems like the way it's set up now, a player will need some good dexterity to change 12gs quickly. Guess the first mod to think about is a way to keep the cap attached to the marker between 12g exchanges.

My 2c.

It's Tippmann. Just be glad that they didn't throw something that takes like 20 turns on there.

And if you don't want to lose your end cap use a string and tie it to the gun. Problem solved.

#703 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

If I get one of these after basic, i am going to get some thin sheet plastic, and make a leash for the end cap. Connect it to the gun and the end cap. Maybe modify something like this:

http://www.iisports.com/assets/images/prod...P5015A-A-H0.jpg

#704 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

The engineer told me that was one reason he put an O-ring on the co2 plug, it can be removed and replaced with some type of leash if the user so desires. In the meantime it keeps water out of the gun.

Rob

#705 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Well, talk of this thing has pretty much died on every forum I read. I think Tippmann has officially shot them selves in the foot waiting so to release this thing. I think everyone is tired of waiting.

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users