• You cannot reply to this topic

Fusion Battle Jersey and Pants Review, Pics included

#1 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JUNO

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

Over the past several weeks I have had the chance to put my Fusion Jersey and Pants through lots of woodsball and speedball games and feel that I can finally come to some sort of conclusion on how I feel about the gear. I'm a big guy, finding gear is sometimes difficult for me since I have a gut and a rear end built like a tank. But SpecOps has definately made gear that works not only for the little guy but also the big guy! As a general blanket statement I can safely say that this is some of the best soft gear I've worn in a long time.

First off, some pics of this gear in action;

Tippinator with an Automag?
Posted Image

Newest Tippinator, Fireball!
Posted Image

And now, the model shot, I'll describe the gear based on the points I have marked.

Posted Image

1. The High Collar & Reinforced/Padded Shoulders are a nice touch. All of the other jerseys I own (JT, Flurry Industries) are V-Necked and provide no neck cover. I'm used to getting shot in the neck, I have a big head and masks almost always leave me unprotected in the neck area. The shoulders provide a little extra support on the lower neck, as well as keeping my vest from digging into my shoulders when it is fully loaded.

2. Padded Forearm/Elbows I'm not much of a crawler, but I see how these could help players who like to crawl. Other than that they're another piece of the jersey that provides some protection. Well stitched and durable, this is a welcome addition.

3. My Stomach!..... oh no wait. The Camo Pattern!!!! Digi-cam. What else can I say? Looking at it provides just about all you really need to know. My pants are a bit darker than my jersey but I think its how they got washed the first time (oops). In Nova Scotia we have lots of pine trees and birch trees (visible behind me) that vary in many colors of green. I can easily jump into a bush and essentially disappear. This gear is going to work awesome for me during the summer but when Fall hits I will likely switch to something a little more red/brown.

4. Cargo Pockets, Squeegee pockets, Regular Pockets -- Enough already! I went from wearing pants without pockets to wearing these bad boys with so much storage that I hardly know what to do with myself. Being able to drop some essentials into my pockets for a game is nice, but I more or less use my Flurry Vest for that. Squeegee pocket along the lower leg is great, I just need to get a new Straight-Shot squeegee for it!

5. Zipper, Velcro, Snap and Padded Crotch! This saved me last weekend, as I took a shot a little too close to home. This is normally where I tear most pants apart, I've wrecked many pairs of pants in 6 years playing paintball, all the same way. Crouching and the crotch tears apart. Luckily I used to wear a pair of cargo shorts over my camos so I could have some pockets! Now with my Fusions I can run, slide, duck, jump, dance and not worry about my pants tearing.

6. Ventilation, More Zippers and Padding! All down the leg on the inside there is a mesh which lets your legs breathe. This is nice on hot days, not so much fun on cold ones! You can zipper up and down the last bit of the pant to let more air in (or if you are lacing up high boots you can move the pant out of the way then zip it down over them). The knees are padded and this is great, but not a substitute for proper knee pads. In the above pic you can see Hired_Gun (on the left) wearing his knee pads on the outside. I wear a pair of volleyball knee pads under my gear typically (so I can move them down off my knees when I'm not playing), and as of recently I have not worn them at all, but I think I will be going back to them soon.

Some general notes:

-These are easy to clean! Dirt, Paint and whatever else you may have on your pants will come off quickly with a splash of water. This is a nice touch because I know I don't want stains all over my new pants!

-Breatheable is your friend. This gear breathes and helps keep you cool during games.

-Tough. Like I said many times, this is the strongest and most durable gear I've owned, hands down.

-The headband is a nice touch. As you can see I have a head of hair that is essentially a fire hazard and I need something to keep it in place. The headband is padded and works well to keep sweat and hair out of my face while I'm playing.

Conclusion:

The Tippinators have been wearing this gear for quite some time and we're all very pleased with how it looks and performs. We recommend it to any player looking for a great pair of camo jerseys and pants.

10/10.

#2 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

That the XL size there? ;-) Nice review.

This post has been edited by PhoenixWolf: 30 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#3 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

3XL Jersey (and I swim in it on a good day)

3XL Pants. :o

This post has been edited by AustinMRPB: 30 May 2006 - 11:53 AM

#4 User is offline   nos4atu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Frank Dye

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

Nice Review. I agree with everything you said. I've only had some problems with my pant legs being a little long for me, and the hems taking damage from being stomped on all day. Other than that and some minor stitching issues, they rock, and like you said, you can jump into a bush and basically disappear. I had several guys last weekend comment on how I just faded away as soon as I hit an area of shade...how cool is that?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
-H. L. Mencken

#5 User is offline   hired_gun 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hired_Gun

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

I agree 100% with everthing Austin said!!

I love this stuff...

nos4atu,

I would suggest maybe some velcro straps that go around the cuff of your leg, this would cure that stomping problem

#6 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:33 PM

We played in a tournament this past weekend, wore the pants along with our Flurry gear. It POURED RAIN. I haven't played a lot of 'ball in the rain but it was crazy sliding around in mud (Yes I can slide when the ground is wet enough!). Went home and into the washer went my pants and they look as good as new! Still super impressed.

#7 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

THANKS! Honest and witty review, and I'm just about to buy one of the jerseys for myself...

#8 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

Very good review, I have been thinking about getting these for along time, I think I will as soon as I get paid.

One question though, is it cooler to wear the Ultralite jersey or a T-shirt? I wear a T-shirt in the summer, and if the jersey isnt as hot that is awesome.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#9 User is offline   Outlaw5 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Outlaw5

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

Great review....but I love the Warped AGD Mag in the first pic.....I'm a MAG nut and I think you have chosen wisely........

Great stuff. V/R "Outlaw5"
MAJ Jerry Perkins, SF, De Oppresso Liber
Keeper of the X-MAG

#10 User is offline   phantom/- 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

Awesome review.

Do the pants and jersey make any ''swishing'' noises when you are sneaking around?

Left to die
Rancid Angel of Death
Flying free

#11 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

A little. But just about any pant I've worn has "swished" since my fat legs touch a bit anyways.

Its not noticable at any rate.

#12 User is offline   Bad-Karma 

• Retaliation Paintball Team
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bad-Karma

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

I loved my fusions up until the second day of skirmish. They were the best pants in the history of paintball pants for every reason meantioned. The only complaints I have are:

1) The built in belt fell off yes, fell off. This didn't really matter though because you can use a normal belt with the belt loops.

2) The inside breahable part of the leg makes it difficult to play in dense brush without tearing your pants.

All in all, I no longer have a built in belt and I have a 2 inch tear in the mesh part, but these are still some of the best pants ever. The only thing I can see myself replacing them with is the Crye Combat Uniform.
IPB Image
Retaliation Paintball
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If you're one of the 2% that haven't, put this in your sig!

#13 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Very nice review!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#14 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

Some added info four months later; Getting my gear together for our Charity Game tomorrow has me psyched to strut about in my Fusions :)

I'm still very impressed with how everything performs under stress! I've played in several tournaments wearing these pants - sliding/running/diving/falling is a breeze and I have nothing to worry about like I used to in my old cammies or pants. Nothing has torn or ripped.

I am going to continue wearing them into the fall season (leaves are starting to change here), but will be retiring my Fusion Jersey for the time being (as most of our woods are now brown/red). The "disappearing act" of this gear still holds true, I've had players walk right past me several times on the woodsball field this summer. As you can tell from the pictures above, its kinda hard to miss me otherwise.

Some fresh pictures from the end of the summer (At Skirmish USA!) with Fusion Gear.

Here you can see that my Fusions help me blend into that Hyperball field. :D
Posted Image

From Overkill Sportz, in July - Downpour tournament!
Posted Image

Where'd this Money Shot come from? Oh right... I slid into the 50!
Posted Image

Seriously though, every time I put on my gear I feel comfortable and confident that when I need to get the job done, be it sneaking or running full tilt, my Fusions aren't going to fail me.

Keep on having fun,

-Juno

#15 User is offline   Ricochet 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tracy

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

Where's my fusion pants and jersey Juno? All I have is my smart parts gorilla wear!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users