Special Ops Paintball: What can you tell about this cocker - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What can you tell about this cocker i know my way about cockers, just need some help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   UMP 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

well i got this as an offer for my DM5 what do you all think?...
i know what all is on it an everything but what all can you tell me about it ?? LMK thanks peeps :tup

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 07 August 2008 - 08:31 PM



I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me
0

#2 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

View PostUMP, on Aug 7 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

well i got this as an offer for my DM5 what do you all think?...
i know what all is on it an everything but what all can you tell me about it ?? LMK thanks peeps :tup

Posted Image



Aaaah! I know that body style, but MAN, I can't remember who made 'em like that! I think it's a Hybrid body???

it has an SM (sanchez machine orbium) barrel on it - high quality and accurate (SM use to make many of the more "common" barrels out there until cheaper over sea options - i don't know all the details...)

looks like a good set up and in great condition. The drop, take it or leave it - up to the user. I would loose it and put on a guerilla air tank, or CP tank behind it/under the grip with an ASA.

NOW big question: Do you like how spool valves shoot, or pop it valves?
Both a DM and Cocker are accurate. Some say a Cocker a little more so...
I like them both...

as long as what he has is in good working order and it goes along with your personal preferences - i'd say consider a trade.

*if it were my trade, I'd want more details than a photograph. lol

I see an AutoCockers come back in the next year or so. WA HA HA HA!
0

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

  • Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 7,843
  • Joined: 08-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belleville, Ont Canada

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

Because of the slant reg and the reg itself I'm going Hybrid also. The beaver tail is different though.



.
0

#4 User is offline   UMP 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

you all are right on it being a Hybrid, its a Hybrid Quest

and he said that the drop is not on it anymore. (i didnt want the drop anyway)

This post has been edited by UMP: 08 August 2008 - 08:32 PM



I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me
0

#5 User is offline   Matt 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,560
  • Joined: 15-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

View PostExplosive, on Aug 8 2008, 02:41 PM, said:

View PostUMP, on Aug 7 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

well i got this as an offer for my DM5 what do you all think?...
i know what all is on it an everything but what all can you tell me about it ?? LMK thanks peeps :tup

Posted Image



Aaaah! I know that body style, but MAN, I can't remember who made 'em like that! I think it's a Hybrid body???

it has an SM (sanchez machine orbium) barrel on it - high quality and accurate (SM use to make many of the more "common" barrels out there until cheaper over sea options - i don't know all the details...)

looks like a good set up and in great condition. The drop, take it or leave it - up to the user. I would loose it and put on a guerilla air tank, or CP tank behind it/under the grip with an ASA.

NOW big question: Do you like how spool valves shoot, or pop it valves?
Both a DM and Cocker are accurate. Some say a Cocker a little more so...
I like them both...

as long as what he has is in good working order and it goes along with your personal preferences - i'd say consider a trade.

*if it were my trade, I'd want more details than a photograph. lol

I see an AutoCockers come back in the next year or so. WA HA HA HA!

It is a hybrid. If you dont know the body style, you would also be able to tell by the "h" above the verticle asa.

The barrel is not an Orbium. You can tell because of the porting on the tip. That is different than what the orbium kits tip looks like.
0

#6 User is offline   Hyperion 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:Jacksonburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Aug 8 2008, 03:04 PM, said:

Because of the slant reg and the reg itself I'm going Hybrid also. The beaver tail is different though.



.



That "slant" is only the vertical adapter though. That can easily be changed so you can't really base bodies off that.
0

#7 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

View PostMatt, on Aug 8 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

It is a hybrid. If you dont know the body style, you would also be able to tell by the "h" above the verticle asa.

The barrel is not an Orbium. You can tell because of the porting on the tip. That is different than what the orbium kits tip looks like.


Ok, ok - it's hard to tell exactly from one photo what barrel that is, but I'm certain that's a SM barrel!

- the barrel is a Sanchez Machine barrel (the guy who makes Orbium barrels) SM whatever. His website is down, so I couldn't look up specifically what the barrels
actual name is, so I called it an Orbium...

I think it's an SM1 barrel to be exact (one piece? or two piece kit?)
the Orbium with the crazy tips is the Orbium 2 I believe. I own a kit - i'll have to check out the logo engraved on em.

here's a link I found on Warpig about SM1 barrels. I think that's an SM1 on that Autococker pictured above.
WarPig article on the SM1

This post has been edited by Explosive: 09 August 2008 - 06:46 AM

0

#8 User is offline   UMP 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

I'm on my ituch, so please no flaming.

Anyway I looked at the web sight that you had I'm pritty sure it's not the same barrel that's on this cocker. But anyway the DM is shipping out Mon...and I can't wait to get another cocker yay!!! I'll take more vids and pics this time around and I'm also going to put the new Tadao in it YAY!!!


I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me
0

#9 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Personally you should have made him add imo....

Do you know what software the eblade is?

Peace,
Teddy K
0

#10 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:13 AM

View PostUMP, on Aug 9 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

Anyway I looked at the web sight that you had I'm pritty sure it's not the same barrel that's on this cocker.



the great barrel debate! lol
like I said, it's hard to tell from one photo...

let us know what kind of barrel it is, once you get it and if you figure it out.
0

#11 User is offline   UMP 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

i dont know if this helps at all but i have a few more pics from the guy i got it from... from what i saw from your web link there was a cut out in the back part of the barrel...i dont see one on this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image


I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me
0

#12 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

View PostUMP, on Aug 10 2008, 11:54 PM, said:

i dont know if this helps at all but i have a few more pics from the guy i got it from... from what i saw from your web link there was a cut out in the back part of the barrel...i dont see one on this one.


Sanchez Machining did change up, alter the look of their SM1 I believe...

we'll see when you get the barrel in your hands, see if there's any markings, or post more details photos. :dodgy:
0

#13 User is offline   667675765 

  • has retired from the sport
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 959
  • Joined: 06-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton NJ

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

It looks fairly light, and a good condition E1 was a good find a 2 years ago nows its an impossible find. The whole gun looks hybrid except the drop, but we already know that. The ram is their "half pint" I think its called- its like a WGP ram cut in half. I think I found your barrel -Titanium paintballs Longbow
0

#14 User is offline   UMP 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

667 you might be right, but like they said ill just have to look and see when i get it. and as for someone saying i should have added i was only getting offers for like 230 for the DM and i know once you get a cocker and its nice and shoots great you could get 300-400 for one.


I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me
0

#15 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

Titanium Longbow Barrel

unless that barrel had another design at some point...??? :D
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users