Best Footwear for Woodsball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LoneScout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lonescout

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Good evening.

I was just curious about people's opinions about what the best type of footwear would be the best for woodsball? I am looking to purchase new boots and am looking for them to be comfortable, waterproof, element proof (temperature), and good for moving around in during games.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lonescout

#2 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

http://forum.moatipa...1

We already discussed this on an older topic, maybe that topic will help you
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

^^however im sure new boots have come out since then. :P

i shall humor ze poster. personally i think if a boot has a steel toe, good ankle support, and is waterproof, it's golden for paintball. HOWEVER, lighter style boots like hiking shoes have the advantage of being less restricting on movement allowing you to run and give your play some more range. but for real woods a good tank of a boot will keep your feet safe, ankles secure, bugs out, and should a snake bite them, hopefully it'll keep the fangs out yo foot.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#4 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

Personally I don't like steel toe boots, they are just too heavy to be in and running around all day playing a game of woodsball.

I myself use a pair of Rocky Boots that I have had for years, and they are still going strong. Their factory use to be about 10 minutes from me, but they have shipped their manufacturing out of the country like just about every other company in the Country it seems, but they still make a good boot.

Their outlet store is what use to be their factory, and is (obviously) about 10 minutes from me which is pretty nice.

I recommend just about anything they make.

EDIT: My Boots that I have had for I know 6 or 7 years.

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 06 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#5 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

I use Bates 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip boots. They have a great gripping tread and they are very easy to put on and take off. They also offer great ankle support for running around the uneven terrain of all woodsball courses. The downside is they are not waterproof and they are not insulated. However Bates does offer waterproof and insulated footwear.

#6 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

View PostIron__Man, on 06 August 2010 - 02:46 AM, said:

i shall humor ze poster.

Okay then...

I personally like trail shoes, which are lke hiking boots without the ankle support. I find that I can run more easiily in those.

For important games, I wwear soccer cleats, because the grip allows me to sprint better.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Boots without a Question will be better for durability and protection, Plus they are waterproof.

Although.

Soccer cleats: Reason why?
Reason; Soccer cleats have pivotal cleating in all shoes, which means every cleat allows the player to pivot on the heel and the toe, in paintball this is rather usefull, Also Soccer cleats are light. flexible and provide forward, reverse and lateral traction. ( omni-directional cleating)

reason to choose over football cleat: Becuase people say football cleats wont allow you to roll your ankle, better support.
Why they are wrong; Because the difference is litrally 2 Centimeters of material. And that WILL NOT stop your bodywieght from Inverting, or worse, Everting the ankle ( sprain / Fracture) if your going to break a ankle in a soccer cleat, your doing it in a football cleat too.
Football cleats also Usually ( 80% ) have forward traction only, becuase in football a majority of the players are pushing thier bodys in a forward direction. only one player ever moves backward.

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

i forgot to add one set of footwear most people might not know about. when i was in highschool i was on the wrestling team, and therefore had access to wrestling shoes. AWESOME ankle support, soft, quiet, sturdy, and very light. they almost feel like you're wearking them around your ankles and not your feet. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#9 User is offline   PB MERC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:50 AM

View PostInvictusone, on 06 August 2010 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostIron__Man, on 06 August 2010 - 02:46 AM, said:

i shall humor ze poster.

Okay then...

I personally like trail shoes, which are lke hiking boots without the ankle support. I find that I can run more easiily in those.

For important games, I wwear soccer cleats, because the grip allows me to sprint better.

for woodsball i use oakley s.i. 6inch boots, light, ankle support, and durable, i use them in the military and i beat the doo doo out of them. they run about 175.00 us but its worth it.

#10 User is offline   Caleb95 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Weber95

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Try Vibram Fingers tons of people i know of have them for paintball and they have great grip.

#11 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

Combat boots, I have seen this thread a billion times since we opened this forum lol. We have been killing for hundreds of years, combat boots are designed for soldiering. They come in different designs for different climates as well.
Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#12 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

bare feet are incredible...only thing...don't kick barrels to hard...fractured my foot playing that.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#13 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on 06 August 2010 - 02:57 AM, said:

Personally I don't like steel toe boots, they are just too heavy to be in and running around all day playing a game of woodsball.

I myself use a pair of Rocky Boots that I have had for years, and they are still going strong. Their factory use to be about 10 minutes from me, but they have shipped their manufacturing out of the country like just about every other company in the Country it seems, but they still make a good boot.

Their outlet store is what use to be their factory, and is (obviously) about 10 minutes from me which is pretty nice.

I recommend just about anything they make.

EDIT: My Boots that I have had for I know 6 or 7 years.

I HATE Rocky boots. I work for the DOC and these absolutely SUCK for comfort and simply don't hold up.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on 06 August 2010 - 09:18 AM, said:

I use Bates 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip boots. They have a great gripping tread and they are very easy to put on and take off. They also offer great ankle support for running around the uneven terrain of all woodsball courses. The downside is they are not waterproof and they are not insulated. However Bates does offer waterproof and insulated footwear.

^^ These on the other hand, I LOVE. In fact, I have two pair for work and one for paintball...the Paratroopers and the Bates' Lites that you see in this pic:
Posted Image
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#14 User is offline   Fear the Reaper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:56 AM

I wear rocky's as well, love them, and many times guys stay away from the creek... so I go down there and you can pick off a ton of guys, while walking through the 6-8 inches of water. While your feet stay dry from your rocky's.

This is the pair I have, been using them for years, with no problem. They protect your ankles as well, and they are very warm.

http://www.rockyboot...Insulated_Boot/
"We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates, and accomplish the mission.
I lead by example in all situations...

#15 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

Really been wanting to give these a try: Inov-8 Rocklite 288 GTX

They have mid-heavy traction, ankle support, good breathability, are waterproof, and only weigh 288 grams! As a guy who does a lot of running in the woods, they're almost everything I could want... if only they came with a more aggresstive traction pattern for grass/mud.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users