• You cannot reply to this topic

Overlord RX anyone? TPX who? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

With all the uproar about the TPX coming out and the vastly different opinions and experiences with it, has everyone forgotten about the Ariakon Overlord RX? I mean I know it doesn't have the cool realistic style mag that drops out of the handle or anything, but a lot of people I've talked to have had wonderful experiences with an Ariakon pistol. Me included. I once ran 2 Ariakon Overlords (pre-RX) and had a BLAST running them! I only ever had them chop once and have story after story of accurate shots, decent mileage, sideways looks, and big smiles with them. My issues with them were the plastic finger guard that had the metal trigger arm break through on both pistols, and the mags were machined aluminum (I think) and were like $30 each for extras, and a 12g would get stuck occasionally. I sold them reluctantly but have had fun without them for a while.

Then they fixed the issues with them and I've been considering going back to my duel pistol days. Then I heard about the TPX and was very excited! Now I'm terribly disappointed and thinking of getting an Overlord RX again. you can get one for $150 straight from Ariakon. 3 extra mags (compostie plastic now I believe) are $50 so thats a bit cheaper. And the trigger is a one-piece assembly. VERY tempting for me who was about to grab a TPX.

Basically I'm asking, anyone else have love for the Overlord? Experiences? Opinions? Let's talk pistol...
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#2 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

I've owned a PT Xtreme, PT Xtreme Jr, Tac 8, T9 and have used a TPX, Ariakon ACP, and an Overlord. I have used/owned a lot of different pistols on the market. No pistol is perfect, but in my opinion the Tac 8 comes the closest.

The Overlord is an ok pistol as far as stacked tube blow-back pistols are concerned. They work fairly well. But suffers many of the drawbacks of stacked tube bow-back pistols. Efficiency is poor. Shootdown/drop off through the 12 gram. Slow reloads. Oversized and fixed barrel. Poor weight distribution.

You are lucky to get 20 good shots on a blow-back pistol. Too much gas it wasted recocking. This means you are changing 12 grams a lot more often. They also don't have a regulator, so as you shoot, the pressure in the 12 gram drops, and as a result your FPS drops steadily through your 20 shots. This makes accurate aiming more difficult since it is harder to predict the flight. Reloading is slow because the air and paint are changed separately. Also, to change the 12 gram, you have to fully unscrew the plug, drop the 12 gram, put a new one in, and re-thread the plug. It's slow, cumbersome, and difficult under fire to re-thread that plug. The barrel is drilled way too big and is fixed. The large barrel means lower accuracy and lower efficiency. And the pistol is extremely front heavy.

The Overlord is among the better low-end pistols out there. And compared to the TPX, I'd say it is better because it actually works, whereas the TPX has many issues that prevent it from actually working (mainly the mag design is not forgiving on paint, it binds, jams, and chops all but the strongest shelled paint).

#3 User is offline   scooby doo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:machine gun expert

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

I have a overlord (old version) and a pt xtreme I actualy like the pt xtreme more because it is more efficient, faster loading c02 , lighter and shorter. only downside is the mag loading.if you want to go dual weild I say go for it but $150 for 1 pistol go to ebay you can get a used overlord rx for about $90.

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

i have an overlord (pre rx)

i buy 12grams from action village they work PERFECT.

one time at a game i ran out of air, so i pull out my overlord and start working my way back to the trail.. and on my way over some guy pops out a bush 20 feet from me and he did not see me, and i put one right at his head and it got him..

also later that day me and my friend had a shoot off at the target range and i hit more targets with the 3 clips then he did in 30 rounds..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 21 2009, 03:28 PM, said:

i have an overlord (pre rx)

i buy 12grams from action village they work PERFECT.

one time at a game i ran out of air, so i pull out my overlord and start working my way back to the trail.. and on my way over some guy pops out a bush 20 feet from me and he did not see me, and i put one right at his head and it got him..

also later that day me and my friend had a shoot off at the target range and i hit more targets with the 3 clips then he did in 30 rounds..

3 clips=30rnds

#6 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

I had a pt extreme jr, I can say that I will never ever buy another one. I cant even find anybody who would take it for free. Besides I really don't like the top fed mags on markers. If I had to choose on a top mag fed pistol Id go with a PGP sheridan
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#7 User is offline   chaosheld 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

the overlord is alright for back up or "just out with the guys", but if u really want to use a pistol spend a little more and get a good sound gun. i recomend any of the RAM pistols from RAP or the tiberius T8. ive had a T8 for 2.5 years and love no problems and very light and accurate. the mags are more expensive but i think the price has droped now.

#8 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

so im finished with my overlord.. im done taking it apart n putting it back together, all for it to still leak air...

ive replaced almost everything.. and it leaks like crazy.

tired of trouble shooting it, and getting zero results.. im officially pissed at the overlord..
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#9 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

View PostSO45615, on Feb 13 2010, 12:44 AM, said:

so im finished with my overlord.. im done taking it apart n putting it back together, all for it to still leak air...

ive replaced almost everything.. and it leaks like crazy.

tired of trouble shooting it, and getting zero results.. im officially pissed at the overlord..

And now you understand.

Blowback pistols are junk.

#10 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

So how do you remove the Puncture valve, Puncture pin, cup seal and Main valve?
Is it the small pin that needs to be punched out?
Anyone know where to order parts for these, somebody had to buy all that Ariakon Stuff.

Oh yeah GO BEARS!!!
Posted Image

37sps.com

#11 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Never mind I got it.
But seriously... where does one buy old parts/what are the O ring sizes?
Posted Image

37sps.com

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

View PostBone37, on 27 September 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

Never mind I got it.

holy crap, i still have that stuff if you want it.. hell i will even toss in a mag.
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#13 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

View PostThumper113, on 27 September 2010 - 11:29 PM, said:

View PostBone37, on 27 September 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

Never mind I got it.

holy crap, i still have that stuff if you want it.. hell i will even toss in a mag.

Yeah that would be cool!
PM sent.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#14 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Anyone... Anyone... Hello... Overlord parts? I have $$$. :blink:

This post has been edited by Bone37: 03 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#15 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

Seems to me that Overlord is either out of business and not admitting it or the customer service is just non-existant.

Ordered parts near a year ago, got some while others are one back order. Can I reach anyone over there about whats going on, no i cant.

I cant say anything about the performace of the overlord since I have yet to get it working.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users