Special Ops Paintball: Ambidextrous Leg holster - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ambidextrous Leg holster

Poll: Ambidextrous Holster (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (11 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ANSWERS

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

My Idea is more about efficiency than anything.

I've been seeing a lot of LH and RH separated equipment and i've been thinking... What was the major improvement thats been made on most firearms lately? suiting them for ambidexterity.

Making equipment ambidextrous not only means that its funtional for everyone, it also means that you can carry more of that item because you wont be wasting space with another configuration of the same item.

Using a holster as an example... Instead of having the holster with sewn on Elastic + buckle belts for around the leg... make that elastic reverable... How? quite easily actually, Simply make the belt pass through loops on the front, and side(one of which is braced against your leg) and back of the holster. Make loops like this on the lower and upper holster to accomdate the double belts that make the holster from spec ops so comfortable, and the belt loop a buckle aswell.... now, just as an idea, one of those loops on the side thats not touching your leg, the outside upper loop, make that a buckle. Heres why - If that upper loop is a buckle on either side, then you can use the buckle on the side that's touching your leg, from the upper part of the holster, to attach to the belt loop - because you wouldn't need to use the loop on the side that is touching your leg.

By doing this, you have effectively eliminated seperate Left, and Right hand holsters while maintaing functionality and comfort, and increasing effeciency and resale value.

This system of leg belt configuration, as well as the ability to switch sides of the holster will mean that from now on, there is only one format of holster, and its amidextrous.

It sounds complicated, but I assure you it really isn't. Switching the holster from LH to RH would take less than a minute if you needed to switch, or say if you are a righty and you sell it to a lefty, or maybe loan it to a buddy whos a lefty.

SO.... Good idea?

This post has been edited by ANSWERS: 11 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

#2 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense. I kind of got lost in how you explained how to make the loops and belt work, but, I know it can be done as well and like the overall idea.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#3 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

I will see what I can do about maybe making an Illustration...

#4 User is offline   Anti Hero 

• Pain makes me laugh, seriously.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:λNTI-HERO

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Have the actual holster on a locking swivel. Or just have some form of buckle to hold the holster onto the straps, and have it so you can change it.

#5 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

Okay, so, Here we go for a Picture..

Posted Image

SO heres the deal Its rough but I colour coded it for easy to understand concept: The First Picture on the left is the Front, the lower on the RIght is the side that would be against the leg.

Red - The leg bands that insert through the loops(Blue) located on the holster(green)

Blue - The loops or material that makes the loops on the holster(Green)

Purple - This is the Belt strap that is connected by the Buckles (Grey)

Green - The material that makes the holster

Light Green - This is a simple codura piece of material, sewn on three sides, leaving the top open so that the buckle on the inside, against the leg, may be stowed preventing damage and discomfort, during the time when the upper loop is being used as the belt attachment.

I apologize for the crudeness of this submission as I only had paint to work with. As you can plainly see, the idea is that by providing these loops, it allows the wearer to change it up from side to side, while maintaining a consistent front with the extra mag pouch. It is also to see how the buckle on the front of the holster acts as the upper middle loop for the side not against the leg, while the same device on the opposing side provides the attachement for the belt loop.

I Have Thoroughly thought through this design, The only con I see is that it would use slightly more material... However, this can be contradicted because the fact that the Holster could be sold for a higher Resale value would allow for a slight increase in price (as new things always are)... and also there would be less left overs for clearance Items because there is only 1 type of holster... no more leftys left over... So overall, there is actually less material being used.

Any Questions?

I actually meant to draw in a top and bottom loop on the back of the holster where it looks like the red just kinda shoots out into space... there should be an extra loop on each leg band... my apologies.

#6 User is offline   Anti Hero 

• Pain makes me laugh, seriously.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:λNTI-HERO

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

^^ Basically the idea I meant.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic