• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Releases New A5 E-Grip Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

I've got a question:

Cheat at what, exactly? Tippmanns aren't known for being big tourney markers. If this was on an Ion, I might see it a bit differently. However, I really don't see this being that big of a deal, at least more a deal then the response trigger or the regular E-Grip.

#17 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

View PostLegato, on Oct 8 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Why would you ever want to change modes on the field??? That is horribly illegal. You are asking people to cheat. Just begging them by doing this. Poor poor move on Tippmann's part. Poor move. I know they want to make it tactical for the milsim foillowing, but having changeable firing modes with the flick of the switch is just stupid.

As long as its legal to have full auto (and it is at my field) or it has a tourney lock, i don't see the problem.

The problem i do see, is that for the price of a tippmann a5 plus the $129.00 for this, you could have just gotten a real electro anyway, plus who buys a tippmann for its speed?
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#18 User is offline   skralogist 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

View PostLegato, on Oct 8 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Why would you ever want to change modes on the field??? That is horribly illegal. You are asking people to cheat. Just begging them by doing this. Poor poor move on Tippmann's part. Poor move. I know they want to make it tactical for the milsim foillowing, but having changeable firing modes with the flick of the switch is just stupid.

This is primarily marketed to the woodsball crowd who don't have these ridiculous issues of full auto or not. The paintball industry already faces these issues with all the e-triggers with ramp in rebound modes they might as well have a selector switch as well. As far as fields go, the refs can spot a cheater and they will be dealt with. Anybody who owns a full auto marker should have the capacity for some self restraint as we arent some ridiculous adrenaline fueled adventure junkies who pray on the weak.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users