• You cannot reply to this topic

The Empire Revolver A review in Progress Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alan777 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dark Night 7119

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

I was originally looking for a barrel for my Ion. I was looking at the Freak, but wasnt wild about how they looked, and how many people have them. I wanted somthing unique, but somehting that would preform well.

Recently, when i went to I.O.N. is Eastern PA, i was looking around at the Vendors, hoping to pick up a nice barrel kit. Coming upon the Empire Stand, i saw the Empire Revolver, which i had researched some. Its basically a Powerlyte Scepter kit, with the Empire Name on it. I had heard amazing things about the powerlyte kit, from reliable and well established forum member reapermen, and decided that the Revolver kit was the barrel for me.

Although i wanted a 12" barrel kit, i decided i would buy the 14", because they only had that since powerlyte barrels wont be availible for a while. I opened the case, and found a front, back, and 5 inserts. .684, .688, .690, .692, .696. I use the .688, and took it out playing during the second day of battle.

I have no acuuracy tests yet, but i found that my acuuracy was much improves when shooting Germans, at around 75 feet away. My accuracy was pinpoint, between the low tolerances of the barrels milling, and the perfect paint to bore match.

After i was done playing, i had some paint and air to waste, so i unloaded on a tree about 50 ft away, and found that every single ball landed it where i aimed at.

Honesty, this is my new favorite barrel. Its a great barrel, and i like it over the freak, because of the locking inserts, styling, and because its not as common. I give this barrel a 9/10, because i find the bore sizes to be a little strange, and i would like to have a .686.

When i am able to give accurate testing results, i will post my findings.

All of my accuracy tests will beconducted using a SP Ion, Empire Revolver, AKA 2-liter reg, QEV, and a DYE Throttle [along with other non-preformance affected parts.] using Draxxus Midnight paint.

#2 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

cool.I've been thinking about getting the revolver instead of waiting for the new scepter kit but I haven't found a good review.

#3 User is offline   Alan777 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Night 7119

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

On pbreview, the reviews are DOO DOO, because people think that empire stole powerlytes idea. Actually, powerlyte allows empire to make their barrels, and put the brand name on it. I didnt want to wait to get a new barrel, when i like the looks of my revolver, and i dont see how a preformance increase would happen.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users