• You cannot reply to this topic

what gun is better Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wrestler71 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:wrestler71

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

im thinking of getting a smart parts sp-8, but im also thinking of getting a tippman x-7. so i was wondering if any1 could help me.

#2 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

Is it your first gun?

Personally, I wouldn't suggest either unless you were hardcore into milsim. I'd either go ion or vibe. They can both be found fairly inexpensive, and are great starter guns. Fairly light, and nice and compact.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#3 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

sp8 meh
x7 meh

sp1 good vibe good too

ion meh
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Both suck, get a SP-1
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Vibe and SP-1 are simple and effective. They'll get the job done for a little while. Ion's aren't worth the hassle, as many would agree. SP-8's are basically Ion's but in a tactical type body? I like the SP-8 a lot though. Vibe or SP-1 if you're new to the sport.
-Ty

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

I agree with the previous ideas. I would recommend looking at Classic valved Automag. They're inexpensive, very solidly built, and very nicely performing marker. Mine's been aroud for 16 years an is still going string. Being a classic marker it never goes out of style. Aside from that, the SP-1/Vibe is also a good deal for the price.

The X-7 is a bulked up 98 Custom. On the inside its still a blowback. It's loud, relatively inefficient, and somewhat inconsistent. Likewise, the SP-8 is a bulked up Ion. While it is quieter, more efficient, and more consistent, it has a bad reputation for its cheap construction.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

I also agree with getting either the SP-1 or Vibe. Both very reliable guns. Overall, the two guns are very similar, the only real difference is the look.
I would not go with the sp8, all it is is an Ion with a bunch of extra plastic, and that's about it. There is nothing wrong with the X7, it has the same internals as the A5 but you are paying a pretty big chunk for the milsim look.

I suppose what you should really tell us is how you plan to play, where, your air source, etc. It is all about the details.

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

If you can buy HPA, SP1 or Vibe.

If CO2 is a must, I'd suggest the BT-4. I know it's a blowback, but they're the same design as a Tippmann, only they're better made than Tippmanns.
Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

What's wrong with the tried and true 98 custom? Or perhaps a pro/carbine. Those are both good starting guns, and are cheap/easy to maintain.

#10 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

View PostTribs, on Feb 24 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

What's wrong with the tried and true 98 custom? Or perhaps a pro/carbine. Those are both good starting guns, and are cheap/easy to maintain.

There's nothing wrong with the pro carbine, it's just harder to find new and I was suggesting items that can be purchased new.

IMO, the 98 custom is no longer "tried and true." I've seen way too many problems with them - and not minor things like idiot misuse. I'm talking the aluminum receivers cracking/shattering.
Member of Team Akkadian

#11 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

View PostThalion, on Feb 24 2009, 07:13 PM, said:

View PostTribs, on Feb 24 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with the pro carbine, it's just harder to find new and I was suggesting items that can be purchased new.

IMO, the 98 custom is no longer "tried and true." I've seen way too many problems with them - and not minor things like idiot misuse. I'm talking the aluminum receivers cracking/shattering.

The carbine is what made Tippmann known for reliability, and a lot of those qualities were extended on to the 98. However, it seems that the newer Tippmann markers lack the robustness of their previous models.

Anyways, I say if you can find one, go with the carbine.

#12 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

I can definitely agree with that. The whole carbine series was great. Once you look at one closely you start to understand why modern Tippmanns catch a lot of flack.

There are also a few Vector M1s still being sold new: http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Dead-Vector-...Guns-C3477.aspx I don't really know that they are worth their price, but if you like blowback markers, it's as close to a high-end blowback that you will find these days. They are very nice markers, and relatively consistent thanks to their built in expansion chamber. Even the stock barrel is well made.

This post has been edited by Piller: 24 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#13 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

if your new to paintball, ask yourself a simple questions. Milsim - as in looks, or tournament as in performance. If your looking for sleek looks, and the "feel for the game" Milsim markers like the X7 are the way to go. but if your looking for ball on ball accuracy straight out of the box with little to no upgrades then i recommend a tournament marker. and for the record i play mostly woodsball/scenario paintball. I love my ETEK just for the fact i can gun, and have awesome accuracy while keeping good air efficiency.

ENTRY LEVEL MARKERS
MILSIM
X7 - needs interal upgrades like bolt, cyclone upgrade, etc to perform to par. harsh on paint.

TOURNAMENT
ION - not much info about it, I've heard 50/50 about good and bad.
SLG - accurate, cost effective, Make sure you know how to repair your marker, easy on paint.

If your interested in the SLG head over to our website, Media Section, Articles, and the Proto SLG review. To get the point of view from a member of our team that uses one.

BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS RESEARCH YOUR MARKER BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT!!!!! Read Reviews, Watch Reviews, Mike from TechPB is great with reviews, ask around, and don't forget to ask your local paintball store! Make sure your purchase is well worth it! and if possible avoid buying online and get it from your local paintball store - the industry is hurting right now and your locals need all the help they can get!

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 02 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users