Special Ops Paintball: A Blade Name for Commander - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Blade Name for Commander Most of the classes have one, why doesnt the commander get one??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

Im a starting out Medium rifleman, but I plan to become a commander one day, so Im getting interested ahead of time. One thing ive noticed, Is that Sniper and Commander dont have codenames after real world blades. So I think that they should. Im only gonna think of the one for the commander and sniper(positions I wish to fill in the future).

I Think Zweihander would be a good choice. For all those of you that dont know what a Zweihander is, Aragorn's Sword(Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) is a perfect example. Its a 2 handed Long Sword that is heavy like a claymore and sharp like a broadsword. Since Zweihanders were given to Leaders at most, I beleive its a good choice. This might not make it to Special ops personnel so that they can make it happen, but it would be a good codename for the paintballers out there.

Other choices are Claymore, Cutlass( a Pirate Captain's sword), or others.

This post has been edited by edtoro: 11 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#2 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

The reason there isn't a weapon associated with the commander position is there really can't. Unless you count the brain as as a weapon. A commander brings in the strengths of every position, and makes them into one. Most people count a commander as a sub position. Meaning he plays Saber but also is the commander. I'm different. I command. Plain and simple. Honestly to be done right its a full time job...but anyway I wont get into this rant. Its been discussed many times over and exhausted...
Finally, commander just sounds cool. It doesn't need a weapon to make it seem spiffy. Most commander's could care less what you called their position, as long as they know your not insulting them of course.
I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything. I'm just informing you on why the commander doesn't have a blade. If you figure something out that sticks, and 98% of the population can pronounce, awesome. I just don't think the zweildi-whatever is gonna fly though...maybe its just me...
Although your reasoning behind it does sound cool.

This post has been edited by platinum marksman: 08 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#3 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

crown....lol. Platinum got it right.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#4 User is offline   fastlearner 

• Are you Ready?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fastlearner

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

In my limited experience..

If someone is trying to lead you in a game of scenario paintball and you want to show them some respect, just refer to refer to them by their SO rank or game position depending where they are in the command structure nothing more.

For example, If I'm a squad or platoon leader (<20 people) then address me by my rank... Master Seargent or just plain "sarge". Fastlearner is just too much of a mouthfull. If the structure of the game indicates a higher rank then so be it. It's a role and a service you provide to those that play under you.

Rank or callsigns are a quick way to measure the trust those under you have for your leadership. Of course, if you have that level of trust then you have a DUTY OR OBLIGATION to them to maximize their fun and participate in winning the game. My secondary goal of almost every objective was "maximum efficacy". The "best of the best" woodsball team is not effective from the dead box. Don't perform a suicide charge unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Players not talking to me or don't show that respect leave me sensing a level of distrust and I feel that I have to plan for someone going AWOL, breaking away, and "freelancing" thus jeopardizing the mission.

This post has been edited by fastlearner: 10 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

Play Safe, Play Fair, Play hard

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life." Teddy Roosevelt

#5 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

Then its settled... A CO should be called either Commander or their rank... Commanding Officer if ur not in combat... yet. Personally, after hearing all of your opinions, I think Spec Ops had this nailed way before I started this topic. BTW fast learner, u really went off topic, this was just to discuss a codename for the CO, not to imply about a soldiers respect to his CO or anything... but u did make sense on ur post. However, only thing that pertains to this post would be the part where u say that a CO should be called by his rank.

Advertising: The Black Ops Ghillie Harness... coming to a paintball store near you... :laugh:

Check out my Forum description of it HERE!!!

This post has been edited by edtoro: 11 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:51 AM

As the "head" of the team, how about the Guillotine!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

View PostWarpaint, on Oct 11 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

As the "head" of the team, how about the Guillotine!

Mmmmfffgggghhhh!!! :rolleyes: Love it!
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#8 User is offline   Johnny Blaze 

• My name is John Johnson, but everyone here calls me Vicki.
  • Pip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:52 AM

I know this is close to necro, but I'm still under the wire, so :laugh: .

Ed, as a commander, you won't need to make up a weapon name for yourself. Just wait until you give an order that someone on your team doesn't like; they'll start calling you a f___ing battleaxe anyway! (They'll do it behind your back, mind you, but you'll get the title all the same!)

I think a big part of the naming convention (apart from marketing) is directly for you commanders (sorry, I'm not one of you - I'm a sniper/marksman/recon/whatever-you-call-it). When you're planning out a tactic, it's mentally easier to say "I need two sabres and a hammer to cover the tower" than it is to say "I need two guys who shot a lot of paint, but not too much, and one guy who shoots three cases per minute to cover the tower". Since in the real military, foot soldiers who shoot very little and foot soldiers who shoot a lot are all called infantry, the blade naming creates a distinction between the groups for paintball planning purposes (say that one five times fast!). Commanders and snipers already exist in the military, so they don't need any new distinction for their paintball counterparts.

Besides, as Platinum said, Commanders generally don't care about nicknames. They've already got one, anyway; it's "sir".

This post has been edited by Johnny Blaze: 07 November 2008 - 07:53 AM

Whether or not you support a war, support your troops, both past and present. Remember, they may not agree with the war either, but they're still out there, voluntarily risking everything for us. The least we can do is be grateful.

#9 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

i agree with fast learner just make them address you by your spec ops rank. :P

#10 User is offline   Th3N3wM3ssiah 

• Shock and Awe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Delta

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

I THINK THAT SNIPER SHOULD BE KATANA AND COMMANDER SHOULD BE GLADIUS HICH IS A ROMAN SHORT SWORD. NOT CLAYMORE BECAUSE IT FITS THE HEAVY RIFLEMEN BETTER THAN A COMMANDER BESIDES I DONT USE POSITION NAMES I USE LAST NAMES FOR LOWER RANKING MEMBERS AND RANK OR SIR FOR MY CO WHO IS NEVER AROUND I AM ONLY THE PLATOON SERGEANT

This post has been edited by Th3N3wM3ssiah: 19 November 2008 - 07:43 AM

If you want it to be real. The marines are looking for a few good men. Go play with them. ~Damifino

#11 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

I'm not sure were I fall in under this because I carry a compact X7 and alot of ammo (4-100 round pods and 6-140 round pods) I also have full auto capasity on my marker and can keep up with a broadsword in terms of fire rate. I beleive that a good leader is supposed to be in the mix with the team because it shows that the commander won't send his team into an area if he wouldan't go himself.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#12 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

My team does not use rank or SO designations so I am just called by my call sign. While we are a tactical team we are not milsim and prefer not to use rank. I agree with being in the mix with my team too. I use an Infinity Legend and Pinokio hopper so i can shoot slow or fast and can lay down lots of paint.

#13 User is offline   Asha Man 

• Some random dude behind you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Asha Man

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

If you think about it, any blade that should be associated with a commander would be the brain. Before you say " But the brain isnt a blade!" I have one question for you... Why then do people call you sharp when you are acting smart?

Proud member of the chicago SaintS BP: 113

#14 User is offline   rcp_90 

• RECON!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rcp_90

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

View Postb_soukup, on Nov 14 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

i agree with fast learner just make them address you by your spec ops rank. :P

My guys just call me by my name :P
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Share this topic: