Special Ops Paintball: The Ultimate Sniper Barrel Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ultimate Sniper Barrel Thread Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 Guest_Ninja 117_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Barrel kits are prety good. But if you want a good quality solid piece barrel special ops C Series barrels are best. I have an eighteen inch one and I've shot somone way out of shot range with one shot. It bounced off of course but thats as good as it gets.

#32 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

Smart parts proggressive 16in
J&J ceramic barrel 16in

These are the two ive had experience and both are very accurate but the winner is the J&J because it is easier to clean but i like the proggressive accuracy wise

#33 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

View Postcamo_duck, on Aug 31 2006, 03:32 AM, said:

Hey i currently have a Apex barrel which is unbeleiably amazing not quite the aim of some but still awsome what i think i shall do is get a adapter and put the apex tip onto another much better barrel does anyone know of the best barrel i could do this to?

Special Ops C-Series now makes an adapter for such a thing, the Apex barrel, but you probably already knew that. I plan on running an Apex at the end of a 14 or 16 inch C-Series in my X7 Sniper setup, check out my post in the Sniper HQ.

By the way I've heard that the Apex increases report, but I cannot be sure, I've never used one on a quiet gun, since that would be an ideal test condition.

Attached File(s)

One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

#34 User is offline   Spartan 0117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 0117

Post icon  Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

yea i think everyone made some good contributions

anyway i bought my friends brand new MR1 and he hasn' used it yet but i was wondering if i should upgrade from the 12 in barrel

and how much is a 14 in stiffi

#35 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

the stock barrel is actually pretty good
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#36 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

Ambush sniper. C series, J&J.

Ghost flanker. C series, J&J, Lapco autospirit or big-shot.

Longbow. Apex on any of the above listed barrels.

Stock barrel on phantom is good for all positions but could be a little quieter.

This post has been edited by The Elder: 16 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

#37 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

I used to live by te old one piece all american barrels. Especially when they were making gator blacks. You couldnt ask for a better paint to barrel match. And boy did that make the pro-carbine quiet.

Then when I stopped playing with my friends as much and went to a local field I noticed a handful of guys shooting the dye aluminiums. My buddy noticed this and bought a 12" dye aluminium for his pro-carbine. Wow just a tad bit louder than my 16" all american at a close distance but further away it was the same. And he was able to move so much better and able to get in tighter.

Now trying serveral barrels. Stiffi, Sanchez Machine Kit, Kaner Kit (the og with the short back, the sto with the long back), aa barrels, dye barrels, the whisper, end games compression, dye (stainless, aluminium, titanium, ultralite, boomstick), all american, the sp teardrop,J&J ceramic and the kit), flatline, and a handul of others. And some in several different links and several different guns. Yes I have done quiet a bit of experimenting and trading.

I have found the dye barrel to be the absolute quietest barrel on any given marker. The second would have to be the sto kaner would be next on any gun that was cocker threaded or had an adaptor. J&J ceramic and the AA were about the same.

The loudest I have ever shot, or have been shot at by was. The eliminator (32 degrees), tru-flight, thunder pig, stiffi, flatline.

I have had the aboslute best result hands down with a dye barrel. I have heard some say length dont matter. Well I call BS on that one also. 16" is the quietest due to more porting. A 14" wont be much louder, but a 12" will be noticeable. If someone has the money I would recommend one of each length to adapt to the field. Universally I run a 14" dye barrel. If it is with buddies and we are int he woods I will run a 16" just for the extra porting.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#38 User is offline   NinjaOp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NinjaOp

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

I suggest a 16in Stiffi with a SO Apex adaptor with Apex. It gives you distance/accuracy/silent

#39 User is offline   Slippyfist M16 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Slippyfist M16

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

CARBON FIBER!!! Quietest barrels I have ever shot - even on an amazingly loud A-5.
Stiffi, Blackcell C-Series, Invert Nightstick, whatever, just CF FTW!

(Nightstick is the least wallet-punishing of the three, though.) I've got a Stiffi and a Nightstick - about the same on all fronts - Stiffi does get a little more range, but Ambushers or Flankers should be taking fairly close shots anyway!

For longbow, I say Apex ON carbon fiber.

#40 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Well, Mann, here on the forum did the ultimate barrel test a while back.

Turns out, a double-vented PPS Brass barrel is the "quietest barrel known to Mann." :P

In my experience, it's also the most accurate which makes it an ideal sniper barrel. Pair it with a hyper-consistent marker, good paint and a sight and you've got a perfect setup for tagging people unaware of your existence.

#41 User is offline   LoneScout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Lonescout

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

I know that in practice, two barrel systems have been very useful in their own ways.

I have found that the Tippmann straightline was superb for accuracy due to the backings and the rifling on the inside of the barrel. I was consistently on target every time I would pull the trigger. Unfortunately, I could only use it on my Tippmann markers.

The Freak kit with it's many inserts was great on my Ion Longbow. When the paint was just right, it was both quiet and accurate and it served me well on many sniper missions.

Then the day came when I started salivating. I found a way to combine BOTH...yes BOTH into one barrel.

Hammerhead paintball has a Freak adapter on it so you can combine their barrels with a freak kit. To add to the immense joy I felt in my heart at the time, there was also a tip that reduces the sound signature of your marker being fired (the M-50). I had to have both.

So now, my barrel is this: Freak Kit_Freak Adapter_Tippmann Straightline_M-50. The Barrel is about 24 inches in length and is more consistently accurate than any barrel I have used.

I'm sure that the modifications I have made to my Ion Longbow has a lot to do with the accuracy on the barrel too, but it has worked very well for me since putting it together.

Take care.

Lonescout

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users