Special Ops Paintball: Taking out a large group - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taking out a large group Our section is dead, we need something to talk about Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Say your in the bush, planning on using your sniper-like skills to eliminate the OpFor. A group passes by but is significantly larger than you, a single man, i'm talking a group of 5 or more people.

In most cases, I let a group of 5+ pass without engaging them. Even if I let them pass, and shoot the back of the group, I dont want to engage with that many people and once. I dont think that would be in the best interest of my team. If I were with another man, or if I had a 'mate in reasonable distance of me, I would do it, expecting my guy to help me out and hopefully taking out a large number of the group.

How you approach the situation??
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#2 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

I guess it would depend on a lot of things.

If I have buddies that are within 50 meters, I have a good angle on their backs, a quick escape route if I need it, they have nowhere to run, and they are lets say 15 yards away then hell ya. Why not =).

Now if my buddy with his Egripped Ironhorse is at my side then there would be no hesitation lol. I'll let him mow them down on full auto and I'll pick off any stragglers with my T9 Longbow.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#3 User is offline   schulzy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Schulzy Bear

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Depends, how many veteran players are there?

0-1|

I'd let them get into an area where there is little to no cover, and get the person who seems to be an experienced player in the back first. Then, the people who are less experienced will usually panic, and head for the closest cover as possible. I'd pick off maybe 2 more, then move positions.

2+

Let them pass, my teammates can deal with them. And then hit them in the back when they are gun fighting with my teammates.

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

I wouldn't even touch a group larger than four if it is just me. I can only do so much by myself and it's a long walk back to the dead box so I normally just ignore most groups of players so I can pass into their side of the field undetected. If I had a team mate or the rest of my team then 5+ is no problem as long as I get the drop on them. But again I would rather slip behind enemy lines and focus on command.

#5 User is offline   _Flash_ 

• RIP Rush Paintball park Jupiter will miss you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:_Flash_

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Depends on what gun im shooting. Fire power would help me to engage more than one player. Can't take on more than two with my cocker pump. it doesnt even have an auto trigger. i play scenario ball mostly. Most players I play dont call out after frist hit they fight until they can check the hit. So if i got my rt pro mag with me than hell yeah spray them all in the back. Ill gladly trade 1(me) for 3 or more. Numbers play as much a role as firepower and skill.

This post has been edited by _Flash_: 12 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

TEAM ON TARGET

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -General George Patton
Shooting old school

#6 User is offline   dirtdiver83 

• TOT DirtDiver
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dirt-Diver

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

I'm with Flash on this one. If you are in a scenario and are posted up somewhere and a large group passes you heading for your men. Then yes take out as many as possible. If you can take out 3 of 5 then you just crippled their assult. One person can easily take out three guys if they have their back to you. Now if your not posted up and your on a mission then you should let them pass and go on with your mission.
Michael "DirtDiver" Dawson
Team on Target

#7 User is offline   TOT Shadow Company 

• TOT Sniper/Scout
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOT Shadow Company

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

Since we are on this topic...anyone care to add the concept of the FS round into the mix? It's one thing to attack a group of 3 to 5 from 50'. What about engaging that same size force from 100'. This new round does change the way you can approach the sniper/scout role.

#8 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

View PostTOT Shadow Company, on Nov 12 2009, 08:35 PM, said:

Since we are on this topic...anyone care to add the concept of the FS round into the mix? It's one thing to attack a group of 3 to 5 from 50'. What about engaging that same size force from 100'. This new round does change the way you can approach the sniper/scout role.

Well, if you are alone, you could take out a good portion of the group from a concealed location very quickly. IF you can acquire a target and shoot, very quickly and accurately that is. I can see it working, but only if you are accurate and fast.

If you are part of a group setting up an ambush, you can shoot whoever looks like they are in charge or whoever seems the most dangerous. like the old dude with the pump, lol!

#9 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

View PostPhobeus, on Nov 15 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

Well, if you are alone, you could take out a good portion of the group from a concealed location very quickly. IF you can acquire a target and shoot, very quickly and accurately that is. I can see it working, but only if you are accurate and fast.

If you are part of a group setting up an ambush, you can shoot whoever looks like they are in charge or whoever seems the most dangerous. like the old dude with the pump, lol!

Wise words, target any person who is old, and shooting a gun that is older than 10 years. lol

If FS rounds are as accurate as the say, then yeah, that would change the whole picture. Engagement distance would change, the ability to engage larger groups would be possible, it's just a completely different situation, in my opinion.
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#10 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

View Postwbsniper94, on Nov 15 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

View PostPhobeus, on Nov 15 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

Wise words, target any person who is old, and shooting a gun that is older than 10 years. lol

If FS rounds are as accurate as the say, then yeah, that would change the whole picture. Engagement distance would change, the ability to engage larger groups would be possible, it's just a completely different situation, in my opinion.

Ohh FS rounds are as accurate as they say they are, trust me, I'm they, lol! I love those things and at the next scenario I'm going to try taking out large groups with them. I have two cases on order, expensive, but I won't need to buy them again for a long time.

#11 User is offline   Lord Kyle Of Earth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Keep in mind that if you pick off one guy, the rest of the group will likely stop and search for you. If your cammo is good enough, you can stall that assault for the better part of an hour. Only fire when no one is looking (they gave up the search) and you can remain concealed for a long while. I used this to great success this summer. One man with a phantom stopped a 5 man assault team for about an hour.

You don't even have to eliminate any players. Bounces work just as well at stopping them as kills do. The THREAT is what does the work.

#12 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

View Postwbsniper94, on Nov 7 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

Say your in the bush, planning on using your sniper-like skills to eliminate the OpFor. A group passes by but is significantly larger than you, a single man, i'm talking a group of 5 or more people.

In most cases, I let a group of 5+ pass without engaging them. Even if I let them pass, and shoot the back of the group, I dont want to engage with that many people and once. I dont think that would be in the best interest of my team. If I were with another man, or if I had a 'mate in reasonable distance of me, I would do it, expecting my guy to help me out and hopefully taking out a large number of the group.

How you approach the situation??

If the plan (your plan or the team's plan?) is to eliminate targets of opportunity, then you should engage the opponent group regardless of size. You might prioritize targets within the group, taking out the person who seems to be the leader first, or the only person with a radio perhaps. Or, you could take out the person who seems to be the biggest firepower threat first.

If you can't prioritize, then take out people at the back or sides on the perimeter of the group. If the group is in a tight formation, take out as many as you can at one time, and be prepared to fall back quickly. If the group is spread out, patiently take out one at a time, then be still and see what they do next. If they're smart, they'll dive for cover, which is a very small opportunity for you to move back a bit or off to one side.

The opposing group has a couple of choices after they encounter a sniper. First, they can respond and pursue you, which risks additional losses, or they may bag a sniper. So you have several players using up paint on or being diverted by one player. Second, they can ignore you, which may result in one or more of them being eliminated, you alerting your team of their position, or just being harassed on their way to their objective.

If you are really supporting your team as a sniper, one of the best applications for a sniper is to initiate an ambush by the rest of your team, kind of like how bombs or mines are used in the military as a diversion to initiate an ambush. The sniper creates a diversion, or causes the opposing team to pause in some area of the field, and the rest of your team ambushes the opposition. A sniper can help his team achieve a tactical victory and never eliminate anyone himself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Na-nook 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Na-nook

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

I think unless you are on a special mission then you should try to take out the whole group. There have been many times I have let a group of five or six walk past me and them I shoot them in the back. I play with an Invert Mini so I have the ability to shoot fast and accurate. Usualy I will put at least two balls on each player before they really even know they have been shot at.

#14 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

I like to take out the more experienced players, if you can identify them, and the ones with the most firepower that way I don't get slammed down behind cover with cover fire and snuck up on.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#15 User is offline   Shenkyei Rambo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shenkyei Rambo

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

Well one thing you could do is wait for them to pass, take 'em on head first, or you could be really rambo about it if your field plays with tag elimination. Say there are 5 guys. You could wait for two of them to pass by, jump up and tag the middle guy, the two behind him put their guns up to shoot, you hold the middle one in the way(use him as a shield) look around with your gun to shoot one, run behind the first two tagging one out, using the other as a shield to shoot out the last guy. All the while the two back guys are shooting their teammates trying to hit you. If you're quick and agile enough then i'm sure it could be done. i'm too slow to pull something like this off but this is another way of doing away with 4-5 people.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(").. COPY BUNNY INTO SIG AND HELP HIM ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users