• You cannot reply to this topic

Regulator help confused Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:veitski

Post icon  Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:47 AM

Hey, I have a Tippmann 98 custom with an empire regulator on it. The reg has up to 500psi. It is reading at 300 psi right now. I was told I need 800psi. It seems to be working fine but I would like some more input. What would raising the psi in the reg do anyways?

#2 User is offline   Voky 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOP NOTCH

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

View Postveitski, on Aug 29 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

Hey, I have a Tippmann 98 custom with an empire regulator on it. The reg has up to 500psi. It is reading at 300 psi right now. I was told I need 800psi. It seems to be working fine but I would like some more input. What would raising the psi in the reg do anyways?

Well, if it reads 300, needs 800 to work, and is working, the gauge could be broken. But it changes the air pressure in the reg when you turn.
Lover of Chick-fil-A #1
PM me for a #
Alabamian #1

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

That's the output pressure. If it says it's for up to 500 psi then that's the max that will come out of it. If it's reading 300 psi then that's what's coming out of it and into you're marker.

Unless you have a low pressure kit then that's not enough for use.

#4 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

If it reads 300 but is "working fine", I'd say your guage has to be broken. I've never heard of a 98C that can operate that low.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#5 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

i played with it some more and it still reads 300-320 on the gauge. turning the dial does nothing. what the heck am i doing wrong? I have a 3000psi tank with it. its consistant. is it just the gauge you think? i really dont know.

#6 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

Either the guage or regulator has something wrong with it. I'd have to tinker with it to figure it out.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

Some regs are 0-300 and some are 0-500 for low pressure output.

They may have advertised up to 500 psi and offered two types.

#8 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Ok so I did some research on it and I found out what it is. It is a high pressure reg and I did something wrong. the line should go through the bottom and the gauge up top. So I had to do some grinding on the marker for the gauge to fit and then as I went to put the line in, its too long. So I have to find a shorter one so it wont bind up on me. But I still don't know if that will fix what I think my problem is.

Also, can high pressure be 500 psi??

#9 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Some may consider high pressure as anything over 450 psi.

Link us to the regulator you have.

#10 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

http://www.pbreview....s/reviews/4480/

Ok, I dug and dug through google and found that tippmanns need 800 psi to work. This regulator is obviously a hindrance to the gun. So what would I need to do to make this work with my air tank. I was told I needed to get this regulator for the compressed air to work. Is that true??

#11 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

1. The air line goes in from the bottom. The side ports are if you want a guage on the left or right side.

The max output is 500 psi.

Wrong reg for your marker without a lpk kit.

2. You need nothing for a high pressure hpa tank to work. Just screw the tank into your marker, same as CO2. The valve on the HPA tank is a regulator. The output of the tank would be about 800 - 850 psi.

You only need the 98c and a high pressure hpa tank. Gas and go. Leave that empire reg off.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 29 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

#12 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

Thanks thats what i was just figuring out. Thanks to all your help guys. Anybody need an empire inline reg. I have two. 50 a piece. I will post in for sale section as well.

#13 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Those are ok regs. Now that you moved into HPA you opened the door for the other half of the marker industry.

Don't be surprised if you pick up something higher end soon and will be looking for a good reg.

#14 User is offline   veitski 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

Yeah I will stick with my baby for a while though. I just put the gun back to the stock air set up and using the HPA tank which should give me the proper psi. I ordered the m16 mag mod for the grip. It will look way better and hopefully just taking that reg out will be fine for the gun in colder weather now that I'm using HPA. One question I still do have is do they have a reg that is for 800+ psi or what would be the harm in getting an expansion chamber with the HPA or is that just pointless all together.

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

View PostJackRock, on Aug 29 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

If it reads 300 but is "working fine", I'd say your guage has to be broken. I've never heard of a 98C that can operate that low.

i have. My friends 98C ran at 350 psi for weeks on end, with no mods other than a Palmers Stab. Yes it was 80+* out, but still, was shooting 280 fine at 350 psi, with no LP kit.

That is the problem wtih tippmanns and their horrible tolerances. One marker can run that low without a problem, the next one they make right after it has worse tolerances and won't run below 700 psi. I have seen it many times. All my friends tippys would run at different PSI and still achieve 280 fps with little mods other than an rva and cleaning and polishing the internals.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users