Special Ops Paintball: ...so THIS is why 'cockers are disappearing! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

...so THIS is why 'cockers are disappearing! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

So I've been trying to get my cocker operational again, and I'm just SICK of it. My solenoid is leaky, and the leaks get progressively worse. My QEV won't seal to my ram, and leaks. My cupseal is leaking now. I mean, SERIOUSLY, you'd think it would just be one issue at a time! Oh, and my ram threw a bushing that needed pressed back in.

I'm honestly tempted to just pick up another Cyborg, since I'm wondering if it'll be cheaper than fixing this cocker.

On the other hand, I have an Intimidator solenoid that may well be finding its way into my pneumatics, to replace the SMC sieve I have on there. Threaded barb connections instead of manifolds make me a happy man, 9 times outta 10. The exception being a manifold mount to the body of a gun. I'm trying to think of a creative way to reroute everything now that I have to do some serious work anyways. I want my ram closer to my bolt, for starters, and would just airbolt the thing if I hadn't already halfblocked it. I also am finding myself VERY tempted to go the MQ route again, seeing as last time it never saw the field due to electrical problems. If I were to go MQ, I would have space to both hide a ram inside the lower tube, and a solenoid valve inside the frame, with some possible rerouting of the board being necessary. In all honesty though, the E1 and E2 frames are mediocre at their best, and we can all agree a more ergonomic frame with a more readily available trigger would be an improvement.

So I guess this one goes out to the folks at home: What would YOU do to my gun? If you had a new body to work with, what THEN would you do? A buddy has a VLM body, fresh from the factory, that might need to be put to use.

MQ valve and Airbolt (essentially, Excalibur bolt)? FASOR/ open bolt gun? Typhoon-mounted ram?
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

I say do a crazy project with it. Some kind of FASOR or Osiris conversion sounds fun.

Or you can pick up another Cyborg, that's a great option too :dodgy:. Or maybe a Vike or Excal?

-Z3R0

EDIT: A side-mounted ram would be a fun project, too, I guess, but IMO not as rewarding or fun as a more major conversion...

You could also build a "Cybocker" like one guy on PbN did. He made a frontblock that attached to his 07 Cyborg which just operated the bolt, and he MQ'd it. Looked great - pretty much an Excal with one less tube (well, an MQ'd Excal) :evil:. Since pre-RX Borgs are based on Merlin extrusions, it shouldn't be too hard to do a similar conversion using mostly the same parts to other Cocker bodies...

EDIT2: I decided to go dig up the thread. You can't tell me this isn't sexy:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 13 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

OMG nate, I was just thinking about that today, mounting a ram inside the lower tube to the backblock, but I also got stuck on solenoid placement.

But I am putting a 06 Ego Dark Frame on my Karni, along with everything eclipse. Your QEV leak could be ram related along with ur solenoid leak. I had a qev leak that eventually developed into a solenoid leak, swaped the ram oring and everything is honky dorry.

This post has been edited by Side-Swipe: 14 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users