Special Ops Paintball: Quick Fix - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick Fix Help with protecting my neck...

#1 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Ok, so, I get all dressed up in my camo and vest and mask and bandana and such, and then I go look in the mirror. Well, there's a slight problem, you see, my neck is pretty much completely exposed... Which I do not like for two reasons. 1) It gives away my position, cause I know human skin shows up pretty easily, and 2) I do not like the idea of getting shot in the neck, and being the most exposed piece of me, I feel it is prone to getting shot. oh, and just as a third 3) Nasty Nate scares me. Please don't let him shoot me in the neck!

Any help is much appreciated. Oh, and I'm not looking to buy anything, I just bought a bunch of stuff, and signed up for an expensive game, so I'm extremely tight on money.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

wear a bandanna around it
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

1. Buy a neoprene neck protector. http://www.opsgear.com/ProductDetails.asp?...amp;click=45368 for example. I don't use on as I have a size 19 neck and they don't fit me
2. Buy a mask that has neck protection. My V-force Shield has a neck guard that has taken a few shots.
3. Buy a vest that has neck protection. My Blackcell vest has a neck guard that matches the camo of the vest.

#4 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

View PostCiderbarrel, on May 27 2009, 06:34 PM, said:

1. Buy a neoprene neck protector. http://www.opsgear.com/ProductDetails.asp?...amp;click=45368 for example. I don't use on as I have a size 19 neck and they don't fit me
2. Buy a mask that has neck protection. My V-force Shield has a neck guard that has taken a few shots.
3. Buy a vest that has neck protection. My Blackcell vest has a neck guard that matches the camo of the vest.

View PostUrban Ninja, on May 27 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

Oh, and I'm not looking to buy anything, I just bought a bunch of stuff, and signed up for an expensive game, so I'm extremely tight on money.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

Get an old dark t-shirt and cut a wide strip from the bottom. Cut the "tube" open and then wrap and tie it around your neck.

#5 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

Hm... ok, thanks. I'll probably dig up an old bandana or sth and use that now that i think about it. Thanks for the input.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Use a Turtle neck shirt. Happy hunting.

#7 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

View PostKodiak, on May 27 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

View PostCiderbarrel, on May 27 2009, 06:34 PM, said:

View PostUrban Ninja, on May 27 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

Oh, and I'm not looking to buy anything, I just bought a bunch of stuff, and signed up for an expensive game, so I'm extremely tight on money.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

Get an old dark t-shirt and cut a wide strip from the bottom. Cut the "tube" open and then wrap and tie it around your neck.

I saw that and I know that neck protectors run from $4-$14 or so. If you can't afford $4 for your neck...

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

View PostKodiak, on May 27 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

Good caLl Kodiak - I did the same thing w/ an old OD t-shirt I had, works great. Except I left the "tube" closed - wrap around back of neck, loop one end thru the other, pull snug. It stays put without any problems, although it was an XL t-shirt so the tube material is a bit long to begin with, which gives it a bit of a tail in the front that I tuck into my vest.

Yeah $4 is cheap... but old t's are free.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#9 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

Don't worry about it? Neck shots really don't hurt *that* much, and you don't have to be 100000000% camouflaged. Worry less about it giving away your position, and more about you being able to shoot those who know where you are.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#10 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Well, for anyone else wanting to solve this problem without wearing something on your neck... I found these work awesome.

http://www.milsimproducts.com/cart.php?tar...99&pageID=0

It has the combat collar that comes up higher and really overs good neck protection. On top of that these are amazing uniforms that are very durable, so I thought it was a win/win.

#11 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Another old shirt idea:

Do you have an oversized short-sleeve t-shirt laying around collecting dust? If you can fit your head through one of the sleeves, you could simply cut off said sleeve and slide it over your head. Want extra protection? Use both sleeves. End of problem; price: $0. :heart:

#12 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

I've been shot in the neck before. Once. Barely felt it. Granted, it was a little to the right of my trach, but I'm not exactly sure where you have to get hit to fall on the ground gasping for air. I've tried to use a neck protector before, but I hate the way it feels. Too restricting. The clothing I wear for paintball leaves an inch opening for the front of my neck to be bare, and that's not when my mask is in a usual position. Got to love high neck underarmour knockoffs.

#13 User is offline   WOODSBALLER 

• Oh how I've missed you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PBALLA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Neck shots can hurt, trust me. I got shot in the neck out of the blew and it looked like a vampire bit me or my girl got really rough on me (haha)

It bled and bruised bad.

Also i suggest a bandanna, they're totally AGG
Natural Born Killer
HYBRID BALLER

#14 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Personally I feel like I'm being suffocated when there is something around my neck.

Bandanna would prolly be your best bet though, or just buy a neck protector.

This post has been edited by TheEnd: 23 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#15 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

grow a beard
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)