Special Ops Paintball: The Worst Paintball Marker in History - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Worst Paintball Marker in History What is the worst you've used? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

Had to be my spyder after I put a rocking trigger frame. That thing was the worst, spent waaaaaaaay too much time and money on it. Just a simple trigger upgrade, went to a ACS bolt, to a hopper, on and on. Basically a lost cause. But we all learn from out mistakes. Lesson being, spyders are great guns for general rec ball play, when left strictly mechanical. Try to make a blowback shoot 30 bps, and you will be sorry.

#32 User is offline   newtrip 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Newtrip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

Yep, JT Tac 5. I don't know if it is the worst marker in history, but it was the worst I ever owned. I only paid about $30 for it, but it was still a bad marker. The trigger pull was one of the longest I have ever seen and it had a problem one time where the sear would not catch the bolt just right and it went full auto and emptied a full 20oz CO2 tank. I gave it to a friend to use as a spare marker. Being a spare marker is about all it's good for.

#33 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

My BE Marauder wins hands down. That thing was terrible.

View Postt_boneshacone, on Jun 29 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

i had a friend that thought his marauder was the crap, i just thought it was crap lol, and the worst i have used was a BE something idk what it was called but it was blue and had the "fiber wrapped barrel"

My dad has that gun. Its like the eradicator or something like that. And the barrel looks kinda like cardboard with something around it.

#34 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

ICD Desert Fox '98..... I literally broke three (3) bolts on that thing by simply dry-firing, then gave it away to a friend who used to own one. His was the best gun on the field... mine was the worst. I guess I just got a lemon or something. Every other one I've ever seen or heard about was super reliable and worked great. meh.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#35 User is offline   godofgunz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:god of gunz

Post icon  Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

definitely the brass eagle talon as well. Thing literally exploded in my face. not cool. its a hazard and they dont even sell em anymore cause of that. Never buy brass eagle unless attempting suicide.

#36 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

brass eagle blade.
Posted Image
'nuff ced.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#37 User is offline   Darkling 

• Dustin
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dustin

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

View PostWoodsSniper, on Jun 29 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

Not mine but I have used some of my buddies newbie crap, Brass Eagle Raider and Viewloader Trition II.

See i like my triton it just has velocity issues it fluctuates but the worst marker i ever had was a brass egal pump i think it is a talon got at walmart 10 dollers i figured it would be worth it but i wouldnt pay a cent for another one
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Sabre motto

WOODSBALL IT IS WHAT WE DO!

#38 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

View Postthebostinian, on Jun 30 2008, 12:07 PM, said:

brass eagle blade.
Posted Image
'nuff ced.

lolol haha

Mine was a Spyder Triad who that thig was bad!!

Ekima

#39 User is offline   JoeJev 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JoeJev

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

I would say the BE Blade, My friend who plays airsoft told it it was so awesome (yes he was serious) I nearly PERTURBED my paints laughing when he pointed it down and all the paint rolled out the barrel.
I R B HVING SIG!!!
-LOLZ

#40 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

^^ lol
My old Triton II. It shot paint, and that was it.

And even then only occasionally.

This post has been edited by Match99: 01 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

#41 User is offline   Donos 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Donos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image
I'm serious. It was awesome. I took 2 old barrels, glued them together at a 90 degree angle, and stuck that on the front of the gun. The verticle one acted as a hopper, and the water would shoot the ball out the horizonal one.

Later on, I just filled the thing up with water and food colouring and shot that at people. A good time was had by all.

This post has been edited by Donos: 01 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Does throwing a barrel at someone count as a barrel tag? I say it does. Unconventional tactics FTW.

#42 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Tippmann A5, thing was Crap!! my BE Talons are better :NOdodgy:
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#43 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

A lot of people like to give Brass Eagle flak, and it is pretty bad - but you also have to consider what you pay for it.

To be honest the worst I've used is probably a 98 custom. I bought one for a family member as a gift just a few months before Tippmann stopped production of their Pro/Carbines. 98 Customs aren't absolutely terrible markers, but at the time they cost the exact same price as a Pro/Carbine and the materials and build quality were incredibly worse on so many levels. I owned Pro/Carbine at the time and thought I would get them something just a little bit different than what I owned, but it was unbelievable how much less you get with a model 98 when you pay the same price for a Pro Carbine.

From that perspective A-5s were an even worse of a deal. They cost even more but cyclone aside they were exactly the same but with a bulkier shell.

This post has been edited by Piller: 02 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#44 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 1 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

Tippmann A5, thing was Crap!! my BE Talons are better :NOdodgy:

agreed. My a5 was the biggest piece of crap i ever bought. I spent more on that marker than any of my current ones. And it failed on me more than all my other markers i have owned total (20+) combined. Worthless piece of trash. That cyclone is a piece of garbage. Broke every game i played. Everyone would tell me how reliable and great tippmanns were, how they were bomb proof. Well mine wasn't even air proof. Cause just being out in the air would break it.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#45 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

The worst I've ever seen was my buddy's Sim4 I seriously don't think I have ever seen it last a game without something on it needing to be fixed. I actually bought myself a backup marker just so he would have something to use besides a rental or having to quit for the day.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users