Special Ops Paintball: HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand First Strike PB, Jan. 15/16, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

View Postthemarinesniper, on 25 November 2010 - 08:20 PM, said:

one more question what is the field called and where is it located?

First Strike Paintball in Newberry, fl. West of g'ville.

This post has been edited by old one: 26 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

#47 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Spartan's group up for the fight!

This post has been edited by RealtorTommy: 25 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#48 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

View PostRealtorTommy, on 25 November 2010 - 11:08 PM, said:

You need to find a female player to run you first mission of the game.
She will need to play KAT who carrys the Hope bomb like on the TV trailer.
KAT will need to get the bomb some place on the field, and only has 30 mins, to
complete her mission.If she is killed before the 30 mins is up. She must go back to
her base, and try again till the 30 mins is up.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

#49 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

View Postold one, on 28 November 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

View PostRealtorTommy, on 25 November 2010 - 11:08 PM, said:

You need to find a female player to run you first mission of the game.
She will need to play KAT who carrys the Hope bomb like on the TV trailer.
KAT will need to get the bomb some place on the field, and only has 30 mins, to
complete her mission.If she is killed before the 30 mins is up. She must go back to
her base, and try again till the 30 mins is up.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

I believe there will be several female players to ask......
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#50 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Pics of the Red Covenant Plasma Rifle, and the Noble Team knife props.

Just put the M247 machine gun together this after noon. Man! this thing is going to be a monster.
61" long, and about 14" round. Thats going to be a lot of fiberglass & resin, and bondo filler on the out
side with about 4 lbs of bondo body filler mix with fiberglass resin to seal the inside of the gun. Then
lots of hours of sanding the out side, and cutting the detail into the gun. Just hope i can get this one
done before the game.

All the other props, and mission cards, maps, etc.... are done.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

Attached File(s)

#51 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Teams wishing to run and gun for Sideshow get in touch with him asap.

This looks like it may be a large event and let's define sides.
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#52 User is offline   mako 

• Team Captain
  • PipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Awwee dang....I don't think I can pass on this one. Guess I'll have to call the crew and dust off the gear and oil up the markers. This just looks too sweat to pass up. The field is just awesome, price is right, folks running the game are great, field owner is the best, and, well, the competition is the best in the country!

Count Team Smite in!

Question for the game operator: I know in the GSRP a player can not be shot out of a tank by a paintball unless he/she is vacating or entering the vehicle. I have a Gator at work and we jokeingly call it the "Warthog". If I were to modify it safely and bring it and use it as a "Warthog" could I leave it (open) and not be shot out by paintballs? I know the tanker rules and I know the crew would get pelted, but I thought I would jsut throw that out there for consideration.

Also has anyone stayed at the campground Canterbury Showplace RV Park? How far away is it from the field and what is it like?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by mako: 02 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Mud, sand, tar, soot, coal, oil, grease, ink....ha ha I have dirty words in my sig!

#53 User is offline   XGST - Homicidal Maniac 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Southeast XGST

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Seems like the field insurance wouldn't allow the open tank. Plus, the laws players wouldn't be able to shoot at you. You could throw some Pvc and netting around it rather cheap. Have the whole thing supported by the back off of the dump bed.

#54 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

View Postmako, on 02 December 2010 - 09:21 AM, said:

Awwee dang....I don't think I can pass on this one. Guess I'll have to call the crew and dust off the gear and oil up the markers. This just looks too sweat to pass up. The field is just awesome, price is right, folks running the game are great, field owner is the best, and, well, the competition is the best in the country!

Count Team Smite in!

Question for the game operator: I know in the GSRP a player can not be shot out of a tank by a paintball unless he/she is vacating or entering the vehicle. I have a Gator at work and we jokeingly call it the "Warthog". If I were to modify it safely and bring it and use it as a "Warthog" could I leave it (open) and not be shot out by paintballs? I know the tanker rules and I know the crew would get pelted, but I thought I would jsut throw that out there for consideration.

Also has anyone stayed at the campground Canterbury Showplace RV Park? How far away is it from the field and what is it like?

I'll talk to randy at the game this week end about it. As I see it it would have to have sides/netting not to keep the paintballs
from hitting the crew. But to keep the "NERFs" rounds from hitting the crew. The field will not let nerfs be shot at players.
I'll get back to you on this.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

#55 User is offline   mako 

• Team Captain
  • PipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

View Postold one, on 02 December 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

Count Team Smite in!

I'll talk to randy at the game this week end about it. As I see it it would have to have sides/netting not to keep the paintballs
from hitting the crew. But to keep the "NERFs" rounds from hitting the crew. The field will not let nerfs be shot at players.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

Well that's not entirely true. I did own an open tank for several years called M.O.M (Mother of Mayhem) it was a 6 man golf cart. We ran it like a BMP Soviet Troop Transport, had an open gunner on top! Man we took a beating with that thing! However, like daddy always said..if your gunna be dumb you gotta be tough. I think I can come up with some type of quick saftey gaurd, but that sorta takes away from the effect. For the back main gunner I was thinking of fabricating a mock gun with side blaster shields just like on the warthog in the game. I love the gun I see you guys made! Well let me know logistics is gonna be a hoot comeing all the way up from Ft.lauderdale and I would cry if I lugged this thing up and was told no at the park!

Mud, sand, tar, soot, coal, oil, grease, ink....ha ha I have dirty words in my sig!

#56 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

View Postmako, on 02 December 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

View Postold one, on 02 December 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

Count Team Smite in!

I will let you know by the 6th of Dec, after I talk to the Randy the field owner.

Old One

Old One & Lady Dhampir

Well that's not entirely true. I did own an open tank for several years called M.O.M (Mother of Mayhem) it was a 6 man golf cart. We ran it like a BMP Soviet Troop Transport, had an open gunner on top! Man we took a beating with that thing! However, like daddy always said..if your gunna be dumb you gotta be tough. I think I can come up with some type of quick saftey gaurd, but that sorta takes away from the effect. For the back main gunner I was thinking of fabricating a mock gun with side blaster shields just like on the warthog in the game. I love the gun I see you guys made! Well let me know logistics is gonna be a hoot comeing all the way up from Ft.lauderdale and I would cry if I lugged this thing up and was told no at the park!

#57 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:23 AM

possible suggestion:

Maybe the riders can carry shields to be somewhat safer and LAW nerf shot above the players just like an "airplane".

Hopefully us Generals only allow LAW users that know the safety issues on the field.

This post has been edited by RealtorTommy: 03 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#58 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

View PostRealtorTommy, on 03 December 2010 - 07:23 AM, said:

Hopefully us Generals only allow LAW users that know the safety issues on the field.

Brother, rest assured, I am more strict when it comes to LAWS then field owners... I have denied Demo cards for launchers and players I knew to be problematic, even after the LAW was approved.

Safety of 1 is more important then the pride of another.

#59 User is offline   mako 

• Team Captain
  • PipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

View PostSideshow, on 03 December 2010 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostRealtorTommy, on 03 December 2010 - 07:23 AM, said:

Brother, rest assured, I am more strict when it comes to LAWS then field owners... I have denied Demo cards for launchers and players I knew to be problematic, even after the LAW was approved.

Safety of 1 is more important then the pride of another.

I understand about saftey and we are currently in process of comingup with some simple protective measures. Just cause I'm willing to get pelted doesn't mean I want to!

#60 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Ive yanked demo cards from players who had "mischief' with them on field, lobbing paintballs, targetting players with nerfs, etc.

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users