Special Ops Paintball: Alta Multicam Knee Pads - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alta Multicam Knee Pads My first post, be kind.

#1 User is offline   SleepyDoc 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SleepyDoc

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

For those of you lucky enough to have some genuine Crye Multicam duds, I submit a review of Alta Industry's SuperFlex Knee Pads available in Multicam. Evidently these are only available from SKD Tactical ( http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...&ProdID=824 ), at a reasonable price of $27.50.

The construction seems very sturdy. One innovative feature on the pads is the bottom strap is elastic, while the top is webbing. This helps keep the pads from moving around a lot over your knee. Also, the pad has slide secures that keep you from having to fight to adjust the straps every time you want to take them on or off.

Overall, very good external pads for those of us not quite lucky enough to have the Crye Combat Pants with their partially external pads. For $140+ for the latest and greatest in paintball clothes, $30 is a good deal for letting me take a knee without having to worry about what is getting on my expensive BDU's...

#2 User is offline   arawn 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

View PostSleepyDoc, on Apr 16 2007, 11:13 PM, said:

For those of you lucky enough to have some genuine Crye Multicam duds, I submit a review of Alta Industry's SuperFlex Knee Pads available in Multicam. Evidently these are only available from SKD Tactical ( http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...&ProdID=824 ), at a reasonable price of $27.50.

The construction seems very sturdy. One innovative feature on the pads is the bottom strap is elastic, while the top is webbing. This helps keep the pads from moving around a lot over your knee. Also, the pad has slide secures that keep you from having to fight to adjust the straps every time you want to take them on or off.

Overall, very good external pads for those of us not quite lucky enough to have the Crye Combat Pants with their partially external pads. For $140+ for the latest and greatest in paintball clothes, $30 is a good deal for letting me take a knee without having to worry about what is getting on my expensive BDU's...

Nice find!

Thanks,
B.

#3 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

i had these and returned them after 1 day of play

they should call them ankle pads because no matter how tight or combination of loose/tight top and bottom i would use they just kept sliding down

also a rivet broke that held the plastic piece to the fabric/padding
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

I have a bad run with knee pads no matter what i do. When i did carpeting i ditched them because they were cumbersome ankle pads. Paintball lead to the massive fail of another pair. If only someone would make a pad that would hod up very well.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#5 User is offline   SleepyDoc 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SleepyDoc

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

Wow, that sucks that ya'll aren't having much luck with these, because I've really grown to love mine. I just got the rest of my backordered Multicam gear in a few days ago, and love the integrated look.

I am the first to admit that I am not extraordinarily rough with my gear being a more back player, but I have had no problems with slippage.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  knees.JPG (29.67K)
    Number of downloads: 68

#6 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

View PostSleepyDoc, on Apr 16 2007, 09:13 PM, said:

For those of you lucky enough to have some genuine Crye Multicam duds, I submit a review of Alta Industry's SuperFlex Knee Pads available in Multicam. Evidently these are only available from SKD Tactical ( http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...&ProdID=824 ), at a reasonable price of $27.50...

My whole team has these Multicam Alta knee pads from SKD t go with our custom Special Ops Multicam Marauder unis, and we love them. The Alta-Lok is a fantastic fastener, and these pads are not only made with high quality construction but also great attention to detail. The elastic top strap and solid nylon web lower strap combine to give you comfort and security. As for protection, you can crash down on concrete with one knee without so much as a twinge in these. On a scale from one to ten, these knee pads are an 11 -- in any color. They blend perfectly with Multicam pants.
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#7 User is offline   KingOfTheIntertron 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

While not MC there are Clip-on Pads that shouldn't slip because they attach directly to your pants! I don't have them but it's either them or some MC strap attached ones.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users