Special Ops Paintball: scepter 4,000 a-5 launcher system - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

scepter 4,000 a-5 launcher system whats with it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:29 AM

why is this so expensive and how come if i asked u guys what grenade launcher i should get the majority of u guys say the scepter launcher? im not really looking into a launcher (yet) but i don't understand whats so good about this launcher and why it is so expensive, i could buy two ions with that money!?!?!?! thank you

#2 User is offline   Gyrocopter 

• Gyronator
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gyrocopter

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:25 AM

The Scepter 4000-A5 looks like the real M203 grenade launcher, creating an ideal mil-sim marker for woodsball. The Scepter 4000-A5 easily attaches to a Tippmann A-5 paintball marker. The launcher provides a separate trigger system and is available standard in black.

The Scepter 4000-A5 adds an exciting new dimension to scenario play and turns the lone gunman into a one-man army. The launcher is quality made from the highest grade aircraft aluminum to handle the rugged demands of woods paintball play. (The Scepter launcher uses the marker's air source.)

Features:

-Fits Tippmann A-5 Markers
-40 MM Launching System
-Extremely Light Weight (T6 & T9 Aluminum and/or Titanium)
-Shoots a muzzle loaded, 2-oz, 40mm paint 'frag' grenade up to 75 yards
-Can also be loaded with paintballs 'grape-shot' as well
-Effective range of the grapeshot is about 60-70 feet
-Safely Operates a 200-1000 PSI (best ranges with 800psi)
-Utilizes the host marker's compressed gas (CO2, N2, HPA)
-Average muzzle velocity is 145 FPS
-Amazing 40-50 Shots per 20oz. CO2 bottle
-The only universally attachable, under-barrel launching system (Multiple U.S. Patents Pending)

I guess this is why it is so expensive...
Honestly, unless you have cash laying around(alot) I would seriously stick with grenades. I guess people think it is kind of cool that it attaches to your A-5 and you can shoot on the run. That obviously does not make it the best, but maybe it is because it performs well.
I got a crate of grenades for christmas!!!

#3 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

Its easier than throwing them :D

Its so expensive, becasue it actually launches grenades. most of the other "grenade launchers" just shoot a bunch of paintballs at the same time.
:)

#4 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

do u guys think the price is worth it

#5 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

I found a used one for a good price. I have been pretty pleased with it so far. They seem to require a bit of maintenance though. The trigger o-rings tend to wear out after about 50 shots. Check out Scepter's website and look at the manual.

It does take some time to get used to where your grenades are going to land and accurately place them.

I think it is worth it overall.
"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#6 User is offline   Gyrocopter 

• Gyronator
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gyrocopter

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

View Post06shocker&ion, on Jul 30 2006, 11:40 AM, said:

do u guys think the price is worth it

Maybe if I had the cash(and an A-5), then I might look into it. Remember: TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! The only way to see if it is worth the price is to try it out yourself.

This post has been edited by Gyrocopter: 30 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

I got a crate of grenades for christmas!!!

#7 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

yeah but heres the thing, i live in vermont, and if u want to play paintball, don't live in vermont, there are many paintballers in vermont but there aren't any good stores and/or places to play! And if u ride ATV's Vermont ain't the place to live either if u want to ride ATV's, for the same reason. i can only buy off the internet or buy from the only good paintball store here in vermont which is a speedball store. :D

#8 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

sorry about the double post but:

Does the scepter launcher ONLY go on an A-5? or can it go on other guns, I am thinking of putting a scepter launcher on something I am building and I am wondering if there is some kind of rail or something I can get to put it on something that is NOT an A-5. THANKS!!

#9 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

Sigh...

The Scepter brand of launchers can be attached to fit any marker of any type. They make a universal launcher, that can attach to weaver/RIS/dovetail rails. They can also be mounted to your reg or barrel via a mounting kit. The other two pre-made launcher types are for Miltech markers.
The A-5 launcher does not work with a flatline barrel unless you visit the underground mod shop and do some research.

The reason why the Scepter brand is "so expensive" is because each one is machined from solid aluminumm by Greg himself. Most launchers are sold out in almost all locations, until Scepter produced more (if they produce more).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users