• You cannot reply to this topic

spies? a question not a stupid look im original...not...post Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Transporter

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

how do you play this postion in a game. ie what rules do you have to make this work at an event?

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:36 AM

i dont know much about it but im guessin it would be like a spy...duh....you dress up in enemy clothes and go to the other team while getting intel on them...thats what im guessin...i really dont know but thats what im assuming
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:43 AM

Actually, a spy is a traitor. The guy who draws the right card who has to gain the commander's trust, get close to him, and assassinate him, and/or kill as many of his teammates as possible once he chooses to give himself away.

#4 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

so people draw cards for ramk and if they are spies? if you are a spy like at d-day how would anyone know any differant?

#5 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

The last scenario I played, one of my buddies was picked by the events coordinator to be a spy. He wore the armband of the other team, and carried a radio. He followed the enemy's leader around and radioed back the information to me and I gave it to our commander. The general rule is, once you're identified as a spy, your status is revoked.

Funny story: Word got out to our team that the enemy spy was dressed in brown carharts. One of my friends was wearing a brown carhart jacket, but was not the spy, I knew that much. As we were headed into our base, someone yells "theres the spy!" and half a dozen guys just start peppering their own teammate.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

ive spied before in paintball once but not in a scenario....i was playin at a local field and had to find some info on the other people...so i took off my armband and hid it in my pocket and went to a little kid and started talking to them....he gave me everything i needed and then i barrel tagged him and went back to my team...we ended up losing the game because we were out numbered and couldnt kill anybody...it was fun though
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#7 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

View PostKa1iBuR, on May 8 2007, 04:43 AM, said:

Actually, a spy is a traitor. The guy who draws the right card who has to gain the commander's trust, get close to him, and assassinate him, and/or kill as many of his teammates as possible once he chooses to give himself away.

THAT IS SWEET. I WANT TO BE A SPY...

#8 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:25 PM

i thinks spies would be fun to play but i need to find a good reliable paint pistol so i can feel like an agent (idk why). what do you guys suggest?

hhhhmmm. i just thought it would be cool to do some splintercell games / missions like spies vs merc. mmm mmm goood

#9 User is offline   rcp_90 

• RECON!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rcp_90

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

in ION you request the spy role when you reserve it, and then you are issued multiple ID tags, from both sides, and I'd imagine some way of changing your hopper tape. Then they go forth and do whatever they can to sabotage the other team, but it's usually stuff like stealing artifacts and radioing in enemy plans. Usually it's not so grandiose as assassinations, although I know of at least one occasion when an engineer gave a spy a whole crapload of explosives cards, and the spy walked into the German base and detonated himself. I was german that year :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

#10 User is offline   wind95 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:wind95

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

"although I know of at least one occasion when an engineer gave a spy a whole crapload of explosives cards, and the spy walked into the German base and detonated himself. I was german that year"

That has to have been the best idea ive ever heard for a spy. Thanks for the tip :ghillie:
Quick.....silent.....timing.....The Wind.

#11 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

ohhh i luv the smell of burning spy in the morning wait thats me ahhhhggggg!!!

#12 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Spies are people on a team who have armbands for their team and the other team, so they can infiltrate enemy positions and assassinate the enemy commander. They are sneaky, smart, aware, and a good shot.
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

#13 User is offline   Flip 

• Liaison/Demolitions Team 10th Mountain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

Straight from the Bible ( GSRP )

SPY:

Each team will generally have one or more spies who can be inserted into the opposition's team. It is up to the team leadership to ferret out and eliminate these spies, while it will be the spiesí job to gather information and report back to their base. Any spy who has BLOWN their cover and been identified as such by the opposition MUST hand over their character card and ABT from the opposing team. For more info see playing tips for spies.

INTELLIGENCE OPERATIVE:

Perhaps the hardest role to play, but one of the most rewarding. Your job is generally defined as to flush out the spies in your midst and acquire special game props for your side. There are meetings scheduled throughout the game which you're highly encouraged to be at, thus helping you figure out who is who. If you complete a meeting, have a ref sign the card with the time the meeting ended. Turn your meeting card in for points at the end of the game! For more info see playing tips for spies.

PLAYING TIPS FOR SPIES

First, your most valuable skill as a spy is being covert, unnoticed - a fly on the wall - not attracting attention to yourself. Yet, as you try and infiltrate a base and the command structure, you begin to fly closer to the flame and stand a better chance of getting burned (put in the open or busted).

Second, two of the most valuable assets that you have as a spy are the ability to do the following:

BUSTING MISSIONS:

1. Have possession of the assigned mission card. Intentionally get marked (shot) by the opposing team prior to completing the mission, and with the mission card in pocket, walk off the field a dead man. As an alternative, lead your mission team into an ambush.

2. Lead the group going out on the mission to an area other than what is called for on the mission card.

3. Perform a different type of mission. Say the assigned mission is to "set up a listening post at area XYZ." Go to area XYZ and then assault the heck out of the place. Instance 2: you go out to "rebuild a bridge," but instead, you destroy it. NOTE: You CAN NOT run the mission as stated on the card, complete the mission, then just pocket the mission card. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

GATHERING INTELLIGENCE:

How helpful is it? Incredibly so.

1. Reporting outgoing missions to your commander is of great importance. You can sit on the outskirts of the enemy base and report to your commander where missions are headed and troop strength.

2. Did the team you're spying on just acquire a valuable prop?

3. Do you know where the team is stashing its valuable props on the field of play? Can you raid this stash without being seen, then get the props back to your real team without being shot or made as a spy?

4. Is your team mounting an attack on the base? Are there 100 players in base at the time? Would this be a bad idea at the moment? Might it be better to inform your commander when only 5 or 10 players are in base, when a raid would be more likely to succeed?

5. Having radio com with your real commander or XO is a big help. Real time intel is the best intelligence there is.

NOTE: Any time you're dead or eliminated, YOU'RE DEAD. Shut up at this point; zip the lip. No matter how bad you want to talk to your commander or other players - no passing of information while you're eliminated. Dead men don't talk, period!!! Only thing a dead man says is, "Dead man walking." Once you have re-inserted onto the field of play, then itís game-on again.

HOW TO ACQUIRE ENEMY ABT LEGALLY:

You must be taped up by a player on the team whose ABT you're trying to get. You cannot pick up ABT off the ground or get it from any other source other than at the team's base.

Example: Player 1: Comes into the opposition's base without ABT
Player 2: "Let me see your ID card!"
Player 1: "Hey buddy, I lost it, but it's ok. I'm on your side, you know me, I'm cool."
Player 2: "Oh, ok" (P2 then tapes up P1's arm)
Player 1: Thinking to himself: "That was way too easy. I'm on the other team. Well, now I can't blow up the command bunker, but I can lead missions astray and gather intel and report it to my commander. I can still do a lot of damage to this team; just have to do it the smart way. They really should have checked my card."

BUSTING THE SPY:

If you are ACCURATELY accused/made as a "spy" character by the command/security of the opposing team (by using a second character card, OR are observed being "paid" by the other team to spy for them), you must immediately and without argument turn over the second character card and/or the arm band tape you used to infiltrate the base with - no matter what color it is - upon being ACCURATELY "made." You must then be re-taped by your actual team upon next re-insertion to your own base.

The bust has to be made on FACTS. The security forces can not just accuse everyone as they walk into the base - i.e. they can not play a hunt-and-peck type of "accuse the spy" until they find one. They must have verifiable information before they can accuse a spy.

EXAMPLE:
Base 1 Security: "You are a spy! Take the hit and produce your true character card! We have verifiable information that you were reporting intelligence to the enemy commander."
Spy: "Oh MAN! Busted!" (Produces both character cards - one from each team - and covers his barrel).
Base 1 Security: Taking THIS team's character card and removes arm band tape from Spy. "Ref! This player has been made as a spy and is being removed from our base. Please advise Command Central you now possess his bogus character card and assist this player off-field."

OR

Base 1 Security: "You are a spy! You have been observed receiving payment from the enemy! Take the hit and produce your true character card."
Spy: (Hangs head because he was not covert enough; does not have another character card OR "personal mission" card as he was working for himself; covers his barrel and keeps his mouth shut).
Base 1 Security: (removes arm band tape from spy). "Ref! This player has been made as a spy and is being removed from our base. Please advise Command Central and assist this player off-field."

AND JUST IN CASE:

Base 1 Security: "You are a spy! You have been observed receiving payment from the enemy! Take the hit and produce your true identity card."
Spy: "I'm a spy for OUR team and I gave my goods to OUR general! Please verify!" (shows he has but one character card which indicates he is a spy for this team - as well as a "personal mission" card indicating meeting times with players from opposing team).
Base 1 Security: "Stand down." (verifies information with his commander who acknowledges the spy is working for him - his decision to allow spy to continue playing for him).
Base 1 Security: "Our commander has verified your loyalty. You may continue play at this time. Try to be a little more covert in your transactions."

This post has been edited by Flip: 10 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Flip
Liaison/Demolitions
Team 10th Mountain

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users