Special Ops Paintball: Is it stupid to have a loud marker as a Sniper? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it stupid to have a loud marker as a Sniper? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

I'm planning on getting an ACI Maverick and I already got my Rogue vest comming in, but I've heard that the Maverick is extremely loud (due to no porting). Is it bad to have a loud marker?

I won't be able to buy a new barrel for a while because I need to buy 2 10 round tube holders first from SpecOps.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#2 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

no its not stupid, it really doesnt matter

This post has been edited by jmsiona: 11 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

#3 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

Personally I dont think its a problem. No matter what your not ever going to have a marker that is completely suppressed due to laws and other factors with barrels and internals blah blah. But anyways, I have a 98 and I figured the gun is loud already why not make it louder. If you want a loud gun or feel you cant do much to change how loud/quiet your marker is why not just go with it. Look at the US Military.

M82A1 Barret : .50 Cal sniper Rifle (REALLY loud) <--------------its purely for range and intimidation. If your an enemy knowing that someone from a mile away can pick you off with a simple pull of the trigger, so you stay inside your house and dont leave...THATS intimidation!

So what I say is go for a loud or just keep it the way it is. A paintball sniper wont be invisible, his marker is going to be heard due to the range ALL markers have.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#4 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

so long as your having fun what's it matter.

#5 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

I use an A5, and it aint exactly quiet. I like the intimidation effect it gives, especially since its a mil- sim job. My Proto on the other hand..... very quiet. I use it for covert/ speedball stuff.
The Free 19th.

#6 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Some people actually buy things such as the Dishka Flash Suppressor to make thier marker lounder. It helps with fear factor. If you're walking through the woods and all is quiet, then suddenly you hear BAM-BAM-BAM, you might jump a little. A loud gun for a sniper shoudnt be a problem if you only fire one or 2 shots at a time, so the enemy cant triangulate your position.

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

It really doesn't make a difference.

If you are worried about staying concealed, one shot no matter how loud it is will be difficult to triangulate.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#8 User is offline   nevascared 

• PredatoR
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nevascared

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

i could be a problem in some circumstances. but minor. besides, what's it matter if you head the gun that just shot you in the back of the head? :blink:

i could be a problem in some circumstances. but minor. besides, what's it matter if you head the gun that just shot you in the back of the head? :laugh:
IPB Image
Live by the sniper. Or die by the sniper.

#9 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Dec 11 2007, 07:41 PM, said:

Personally I dont think its a problem. No matter what your not ever going to have a marker that is completely suppressed due to laws and other factors with barrels and internals blah blah. But anyways, I have a 98 and I figured the gun is loud already why not make it louder. If you want a loud gun or feel you cant do much to change how loud/quiet your marker is why not just go with it. Look at the US Military.

M82A1 Barret : .50 Cal sniper Rifle (REALLY loud) <--------------its purely for range and intimidation. If your an enemy knowing that someone from a mile away can pick you off with a simple pull of the trigger, so you stay inside your house and dont leave...THATS intimidation!

So what I say is go for a loud or just keep it the way it is. A paintball sniper wont be invisible, his marker is going to be heard due to the range ALL markers have.

The problem with that comparison is that the Barret has far superior range to almost any firearm out there. So you can stay way back with the safety of range and not worry about noise.

You don't have that luxury with a paintball marker. They all shoot the same distance.

Can you "snipe" with a loud marker. Sure. If you fire few shots, they will still have just as much difficulty locating you as with a quieter marker. Does a quiet marker help? Yes.

#10 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Dec 11 2007, 06:41 PM, said:

Personally I dont think its a problem. No matter what your not ever going to have a marker that is completely suppressed due to laws and other factors with barrels and internals blah blah. \

Well, certain marker+barrel combinations can get quiet enough to where it makes a huge difference, even without using an illegal silencer.
However, you are right, they can't be completely suppressed.

This post has been edited by QUEEG: 11 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:18 AM

With one shot they may ge a general direction, 2 shots they defintely have your direction, 3 shots, they know almost exactly where you are.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#12 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

My marker is hella loud and i have no problem with that, unless i dont hit my prey in the first 3 shots after that im screwed.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#13 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

My two current markers are a PGP and Automag. Both have unported barrels and they both work great for me.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#14 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

In some cases, depending on the field/environment, a loud marker can echo so much that it is near impossible to tell which direction it came form.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#15 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:38 PM

Very good point. If it's a confined enough indoor field, it probably won't matter because of that. That, and you'll probably have a hard time hiding in that small a field :blink:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users