Complete Broadsword Equipment What do I need? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Alex Spartan

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 22 August 2010 - 03:06 AM, said:

What do you need flashbangs for? No commercial field will allow them due to safety. They're an explosive device. In the hands of an untrained person there is a very strong likely hood of injury and even death, not to mention the potential to start a fire.

They are CO2 Powered flasbangs. They are loud enough to distract somebody. here is the link:

http://www.opsgear.c...e+Simulator+Kit

View PostThumper113, on 22 August 2010 - 03:21 AM, said:

generally you need a license or a letter from your department (police or military) saying your not some scum bag and you can purchase these items..

and for the record.. Special Ops USE TO BE across the street from Ops gear..

no more tormenting them with the razor back :(

i guess the smell of their crap forced Mo to move things :laugh:

What is Razorback?

I also when I first came here, it looked like they had a lot of stuff. Now when I chack their categoties of stuff most of them are empty. So that kinda sucks.
I also noticed the change of the URL of the Forums. It now says MOATIpaintball, but I really dont know the whole story

#17 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

Razorback was the first Special Ops tank. They also built a Panzerwagon.

As for the whole story....

short version: Special Ops paintball is a BRAND name leased to a company. Said comapny had financial issues after the first and only Elite Weekend in 2007. People laid off. Special Ops "closed it doors". Moati stepped in with Extreme Stitch works, picked up the S.O. brand and forum, made a run at it. E.S closed down. MOATI picked up a partner, changed company names and now OWNS S.O. Paintball.

Every time I write that I feel like it should be the basis of a soap opera....

Anyway. When the forum updated the software during SOPv2, it was decided that since MO saved the forum he should be honored. With the new incarnation (v3 or is it v4 now?) Nexus Rex seems to have rejoined the ranks as the IT guy again is is working on the Special Ops Database. Eventually the forum name will, most likely, return to it original name.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#18 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 22 August 2010 - 12:35 PM, said:

Razorback was the first Special Ops tank. They also built a Panzerwagon.

As for the whole story....

short version: Special Ops paintball is a BRAND name leased to a company. Said comapny had financial issues after the first and only Elite Weekend in 2007. People laid off. Special Ops "closed it doors". Moati stepped in with Extreme Stitch works, picked up the S.O. brand and forum, made a run at it. E.S closed down. MOATI picked up a partner, changed company names and now OWNS S.O. Paintball.

Every time I write that I feel like it should be the basis of a soap opera....

Anyway. When the forum updated the software during SOPv2, it was decided that since MO saved the forum he should be honored. With the new incarnation (v3 or is it v4 now?) Nexus Rex seems to have rejoined the ranks as the IT guy again is is working on the Special Ops Database. Eventually the forum name will, most likely, return to it original name.

Cool, I dodnt know that lol
and I bet that happened before I joined the forums but those changes happened when I wasnt here.

Yeah, but whatever. Its awesome that the forums are still here.

The only think its wierd, is the lack of online members. Only 10 - 30 members login everyday.And you guys have like thousand of members

#19 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

As is wont to happen with a floundering company people jumped ship and went elsewhere. New people were coming here for customer service but with the problems service levels dropped, people got upset......

Things are SLOWLY getting turned around. Hopefully forum traffic will stat to improve too.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#20 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 22 August 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

As is wont to happen with a floundering company people jumped ship and went elsewhere. New people were coming here for customer service but with the problems service levels dropped, people got upset......

Things are SLOWLY getting turned around. Hopefully forum traffic will stat to improve too.

Hopefully everything goes OK

Same is happening to the 405th. We got hacked a month ago, and we had to change the servers and stuff.
Now good memebers are not coming back, and we are getting spammed by noobs.
W had some Skype meetings on how to improve the forums. Maybe you guys should try that.

but It always takes time for forums to recover.

#21 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 02:31 AM, said:

I may get a couple of flashbangs

Don't worry dude, it's just paintball. There's no need to make some kid go deaf, or blind from a flashbang. :P

EDIT: I didn't read the second page before I posted this. :P sorry.

This post has been edited by Zz Loth zZ: 22 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

#22 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

If you MUST have some kind of tossable distraction get some bomb bags.
Posted Image

Squeeze, shake toss and they pop quite loudly.

Just be sure you pick up after yourself.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

The X7 may be $200 cheaper than the Phenom, but there's a reason. The Phenom uses a new internal system, and it's far superior to the X7's.

Honestly, if you're looking for a new marker, look for a used speedball style marker. You can get older model markers (2-3 years old) pretty cheap (under $400). They are far more consistent, lighter, and shoot faster (balls per second) than Tippmanns. A good hopper, barrel kit, and HPA tank, and you're set for a long time to just lay paint.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#24 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 22 August 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

To be honest, Ive never seen those here in Florida. If I find them I will get some of them. When I was smaller I loved to play with those things lol Stnk bombs are cool too.

View PostPirate, on 22 August 2010 - 03:25 PM, said:

The X7 may be $200 cheaper than the Phenom, but there's a reason. The Phenom uses a new internal system, and it's far superior to the X7's.

Honestly, if you're looking for a new marker, look for a used speedball style marker. You can get older model markers (2-3 years old) pretty cheap (under $400). They are far more consistent, lighter, and shoot faster (balls per second) than Tippmanns. A good hopper, barrel kit, and HPA tank, and you're set for a long time to just lay paint.

Yeah, I been looking at the Phenom and I really like it, but if my AR casts dont sell or my Custom 98 I will have to get the X7 or an A5.

I really dont like Speedball guns, because I really dont know how to aim with them, and because they are not really strong (I broke a spyder), I prefer to give my gun a whack instead of me getting shot. So thats why I prefer tippmanns. Becasue like I said Im more experienced.
So I will look into the X7 PHENOM, and I will see If I can find a cheap one here or in Craigslist.

This post has been edited by Alex Spartan: 22 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

#25 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on 22 August 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

To be honest, Ive never seen those here in Florida. If I find them I will get some of them. When I was smaller I loved to play with those things lol Stnk bombs are cool too.

View PostPirate, on 22 August 2010 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yeah, I been looking at the Phenom and I really like it, but if my AR casts dont sell or my Custom 98 I will have to get the X7 or an A5.

I really dont like Speedball guns, because I really dont know how to aim with them, and because they are not really strong (I broke a spyder), I prefer to give my gun a whack instead of me getting shot. So thats why I prefer tippmanns. Becasue like I said Im more experienced.
So I will look into the X7 PHENOM, and I will see If I can find a cheap one here or in Craigslist.

I would say if you are forced to go A5 or X7, don't waste your time with the X7 (unless you REALLY want as many MILSIM looking mods as you can)...because it performs no differently than the A5. Besides, the A5 has a TON of mods for it now, in any case.

Heck, I just put a cyclone on my 98C and it works like a charm - don't need a whole new marker, and 98c still have some mods I could put on if I really wanted (but you should know that few upgrades actually improve performance on Tippmanns, and for the cost of the ones that do you might as well buy a marker that will perform better in the end anyways).

Just know unless upgraded, cyclones max at about 15bps (they turn into paint blenders, in general). Mind you, 15bps is plenty.

#26 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Really? Then I will take the A5.

A5s are cheap, so I will keep my 98c and just add the cyclone feed and the elctronics.

Thanks Bro, then Im getting an A5, and later I will some MILSIM mods in opsgears.com

#27 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

A lot of "speedball" markers are just as durable as tippmanns (unless you are planning on running over them with your car). Personally I've never liked spyders, but theres a whole lot more--and better--"speedball" markers out there than just spyders.

Also it's not rocket science to learn how to aim with one, and imo it's easy than a tippmann once you learn how.

Idk man, that's just my 2 cents. Go with whichever marker you like best.

#28 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostZz Loth zZ, on 22 August 2010 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

A lot of "speedball" markers are just as durable as tippmanns (unless you are planning on running over them with your car). Personally I've never liked spyders, but theres a whole lot more--and better--"speedball" markers out there than just spyders.

Also it's not rocket science to learn how to aim with one, and imo it's easy than a tippmann once you learn how.

Idk man, that's just my 2 cents. Go with whichever marker you like best.

Well yeah. But I feel more comfortable with Tippys.
I also dont know how to work speedball guns lol. When I used to go ballin my friends had to start the gun for me.I never learned lol.
I oused to have a Spyder Rodeo but never used it because I didnt know how to started I had to sell it for that reason. I feel like an ubber noob now lol.

Right now Im looking for A5s here in orlando, but most of them are overpriced with unnecesary gear.

#29 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

I also dont know how to work speedball guns lol.

This is why paintball markers come with an owner's manual. It tells you how to "work" them.

The 5 minutes of reading will be well worth the extra performance from one too.
Member of Team Akkadian

#30 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

View PostThalion, on 23 August 2010 - 04:24 PM, said:

View PostAlex Spartan, on 22 August 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

I also dont know how to work speedball guns lol.

This is why paintball markers come with an owner's manual. It tells you how to "work" them.

The 5 minutes of reading will be well worth the extra performance from one too.

I dont think people keep their owners manual lol
So I dont want to spend 100 dollars in anew spyder, or 100 in a good used gun I dont know how to use lol.

So Tippys for me :P

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users