#1 User is offline   exigent99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Got a question....

I'm trying to do a mod similar to this:
m4 mod

For those that know something about m4s (not me)....I'm considering getting some standard handguards like in the link above, but what I want eventually is a RIS type shroud. My question is about the delta ring, which I believe is used to attach the handguards.

In the mod shown above, he took off the tippy grip, filed it down, and attached the delta ring farther forward to look authentic, and cut a hole out for the feedneck.

What I'm wondering is if a RIS unit will attach to a delta ring? I don't want to spend the money on a paintball mag kit, and a paintball specific RIS barrel..... So if I install the delta ring, will I be able to attach a (airsoft or real steel) RIS unit to that later?

I'm new at all this, so I could be asking a stupid question. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks,

Matt

#2 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

i would try and track someone down from UMS (underground mod shop)

i know some of the F.E.A.R. paintball team members get some things at UMS, so thats a start.

good luck man

sorry i couldnt answer your question.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#3 User is offline   exigent99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostThumper113, on 02 September 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

i would try and track someone down from UMS (underground mod shop)

i know some of the F.E.A.R. paintball team members get some things at UMS, so thats a start.

good luck man

sorry i couldnt answer your question.

What exactly is UMS....looks like it was a modding business or something? I have tried to get on there website, but it looks like it is down, and I saw somewhere else they are out of business.

I'll try to track down F.E.A.R.

Thanks.

#4 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Word on the street is that UMS will be back in business soon and the forum is currently undergoing a rebuild, their servers they were on had some issues.

Their site is currently down but the URL is - http://www.undergroundmodshop.com

You may want to try Palmer - http://www.palmer-pursuit.com

This post has been edited by sousey: 03 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

#5 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:02 AM

No offense, and I'm not saying you shouldn't do it if you want to, but... I don't see the point really. I mean it's never going to really look like an M4 so I really don't see the point of modding out the gun just to make one minor detail look a little bit more similar. When there's 50 other minor details that are always going to be dissimilar.

I personally admire the function of the M4 way more than the look, after all that is the point. So I'm getting the mag feed conversion kit for mine, as that is the closest I'm gonna get to the ergonomics of the M4 on a Tippmann (still not very close either). That's assuming the kit works right, which is up in the air right now, unproven product.

I think magazine feeding is gonna be a lot milsimier than fake magazine over the air line. Although I don't consider my guns milsim myself. I customize them to achieve maximum effect, rather than to look cool to not so much effect. But that's just me, do your thing!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

View Postsousey, on 03 September 2010 - 06:23 AM, said:

Word on the street is that UMS will be back in business soon and the forum is currently undergoing a rebuild, their servers they were on had some issues.

Their site is currently down but the URL is - http://www.undergroundmodshop.com

You may want to try Palmer - http://www.palmer-pursuit.com

I hate UMS! One of their "Authorized Dealers" charged me double, then put in an order for the wrong part to UMS, then I got the wrong part from UMS with a double charge, at which point afore-mentioned "Authorized Dealer" droped off the face of the Earth, then UMS refused to refund the cost, return the part or even trade parts for what I originally ordered!

Keep in mind the whole point of "Authorized Dealers" is that the manufacturer officially endorses, backs, and therefore accepts at the very least partial responsibility for their conduct, and f-ups... or at least is supposed to. Not the case with UMS. So now I'm out like $150 AND stuck with some wierd part that I don't need for a gun that don't have, and can't sell it. I'm just gonna use the rail off it to build a custom RIS but even if that works out UMS is full of sh*t!

EDIT: which is a shame because they did make some cool and unique parts, I'll never be able to trust them again, even if they do get their site up and I can buy direct.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 04 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   exigent99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the replies....

Just thought I'd let you know I went ahead and did it anyway, it's been done for awhile. I ended up just going with a bossmann mag kit. The RIS system is a metal airsoft product tightened to the barrel with screws. The "delta rings" were machined for me by a family member. Here's a link to the final pics.

Finished 98 m4

#8 User is offline   runningriot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

That M4 build is mine.

If you'd like to see the full build check it out at the UMS forum
Link here

You can also check out our team website, F.E.A.R. at this link.
Link here

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users