The paintball backpack

#76 User is offline   Firefox9-Blain 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Firefox9

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

View Postgeezer, on Jan 13 2008, 03:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I would love to see some pics. Does your pack have any baffling in it to keep the balls from jostleing around? Or padding on the inside to cushion the balls against the sides of the pack?

Our testing is going to be conducted doing like 100 jumping jacks with the pack on and doing some dives as well. Then we will open it up and see how messy it is.

We are currently working on the backing plate design and also seeing if we can run both the marker and the pack off one air source. But this may prove difficult as the marker is the major requirement for air. But we are working on the regs to do it.

In the first version I did. I used a rubber foam tape and lined the inside of the hopper, it reduced the noise of balls moving around a lot, however the second version, I left out(needed the extra space for more balls). The pack casing keeps them fairly quiet, however, if you are worried about the balls breaking, don't be ..... they are quite hard and I run with the pack on and not one break! .... also because I have all of the balls and air for my marker in the pack, you don't need to carry any pods or air bottles!
I have warp feeders running the ball loading system so the air bottle is for the marker only! ..... I'll take some pics for ya all and post them ASAP!

#77 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:geezer

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

Very cool, I hope to see them. The pack I am working on it is essential to have air powering the pack as that is what gives it its incredible feed rate as well as not causing ball on ball pressure in the feed tube.
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE

Maximum of 6 lines of text, including blanks
Maximum of 2 lines of text, including blanks with image

#78 User is offline   Firefox9-Blain 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

OK guys .... as promised!

This is the back view, as you can see, the balls and airline are together, that is the airline is wrapped around the hose, helps to protect the balls from being hit inside the pipe and splatting inside.

There is the power cable next to the remote line, on the otherside we have the power/video cable and power for the fans in my helmet.

Attached File  PICT0001.JPG (291.53K)
Number of downloads: 124

OK now Pic 2 a side on view ....Attached File  PICT0002.JPG (279.03K)
Number of downloads: 102

Now Pic 3 back view ...... Attached File  PICT0003.JPG (263.55K)
Number of downloads: 64

Pic 4 ....Attached File  PICT0004.JPG (308.52K)
Number of downloads: 171
Now the inside, as you can see the 68cu bottle on the bottom left, the batteries bottom middle, warp feeder 1(Green) bottom right ....... in the middle we have a 230 Ball Hopper and connected above that is a plastic box that holds another 800 rounds, also mounted on the box is warp feeder 2 (Clear) .... and that is about it!

What do you guys think?? any questions??

This post has been edited by Firefox9-Blain: 15 January 2008 - 03:59 AM

#79 User is offline   Wash 

• PaintSlinger
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

View PostFirefox9-Blain, on Jan 14 2008, 03:04 AM, said:

OK guys .... as promised! ...

Very nice tight design. Have you considered using eyes to start the auto refill? Or maybe I should ask how your circuit works? I likes.
Stand Tall -- The Paintfighter.

#80 User is offline   WrathOfTheGods 

• WrathOfTheGods
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WrathOfTheGods

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Very Cool

#81 User is offline   Firefox9-Blain 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

View PostWash, on Jan 16 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

View PostFirefox9-Blain, on Jan 14 2008, 03:04 AM, said:

OK guys .... as promised! ...

Very nice tight design. Have you considered using eyes to start the auto refill? Or maybe I should ask how your circuit works? I likes.

I use a Super bright LED on one side of the hopper on the Marker loader. On the other side is a LDR (Light Dependant Resistor) when the hopper is empty the LED shines directly on the LDR the LDR resistance then drops to 10 - 15 Ohms. The warp feeders are looped together, they have 3 settings, + - and no signal. If you set them to no signal and connect them on eitherside of the LDR, as soon as there is light shining on your LDR it activates the warp feeds. When the hopper fills up with balls, it blocks the light and the warps stop feeding. So there is your auto refill.

I used a hopper on my marker and refilled it, that way if you run out of balls from the back pack, you can still pod load your marker! .... :laugh:

This post has been edited by Firefox9-Blain: 15 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

#82 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

Sweet design, very compact. it does look a little crowded in there :angry:

But all in all very, very nice work!!! And I do like the fact that you can still pod up your loader if your pack runs dry.

#83 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

I am currently doing some shopping for high flow low pressure regs. I am looking at maxi-trol natural gas regs as they can provide a tremendous amount of flow with very consistant pressures. I need to see if palmers has a smaller reg that will deliver the same proformance.

#84 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

View Postgeezer, on Jan 17 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

I am currently doing some shopping for high flow low pressure regs. I am looking at maxi-trol natural gas regs as they can provide a tremendous amount of flow with very consistant pressures. I need to see if palmers has a smaller reg that will deliver the same proformance.

Also look at the AKA two liter regs once they are seated in they are +,- 2 on a bad day
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#85 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Check out the STD JDS LPRs. (lotta acronyms!) Very consistent, pressure compensating (good if it's your primary reg), and FAST. They ran a marker off one.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#86 User is offline   Gaston 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

This guy knows his stuff. That is a very tight unit hes made, is the tank I see in the pictures that were posted meant for moving the balls or for operating the gun? Cause it seems to me that you would be filling up your tank more than you would be reloading the hopper. And it would be really frustrating to have to leave the game because you need to top up your air tank.

This post has been edited by Gaston: 10 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

#87 User is offline   Firefox9-Blain 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

View PostGaston, on Feb 11 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

This guy knows his stuff. That is a very tight unit hes made, is the tank I see in the pictures that were posted meant for moving the balls or for operating the gun? Cause it seems to me that you would be filling up your tank more than you would be reloading the hopper. And it would be really frustrating to have to leave the game because you need to top up your air tank.

Hey dude, no that tank is for the marker only, I'm running a BT4 Delta mechanical marker, I get the full pack plus about 200 rounds left. I use 4500psi Nitro at about 1200 rounds, would get more out of it if I used a ray gun .... oops!, I mean an electro marker! :P

#88 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

If you are talking about the all electric pack, then yes, it is for the marker but if you are talking about the pneumatic pack then no it is for the pack.

I have signed a CDA with Dave and am now privy to some detailed information that I cannot reveal here. but I will still keep you posted of prototype 3 progress.

Vacuum mold mahine is on its way and a really nice one too. the guy I am buying it from wants to be part of the project as well. The best part is the machine was only $100.00!!! they normally cost like $2700.00 even on the used end of things so I am truly getting this as a gift.

Will post more later.

#89 User is offline   Beefymongoose 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

ITS THE NEW AND IMPROVED Q-LOADER!!!. no this is way more high tech then that, when i heard of the idea i thought warp feeders would work but then there was so much more put into it, this is crazy! i can see lots of hammers using this or people using the quadzilla. Thats a challenge for later make if feed two or four guns at once but for now it looks good. personally i probably wouldnt use it because one $$$ and two im a dagger and carry two pods at most but later maybe.

#90 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

Well, I told you guys I would keep you posted, so here goes. pack design is pretty much set but the sizing of things internally is changing all the time. Improvments are happening everyday.

As far as performance is concerned, all I have to say is holy crap!!! this thing is alot faster than orignally thought. more tests have shown this to be the fastest most consistant loader out there. I know that you all might think that I am kidding but I am not. Due to the CDA I cannot deliver to many details here. I will say it will dump a case faster than you ever thought imaginable.

The design firm is quite busy with projects from their other clients right now and this thing is on the back burner for the moment. But do not worry as I call the design firm once a week to check on status. This little time off from the design firm actually works in our favor as we get to make more improvements all the time.

Will write more later.

geezer out

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic