Special Ops Paintball: tippman x7 or a-5? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

tippman x7 or a-5? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   5N1P3R 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,832
  • Joined: 24-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

Customizable in what ways were you thinking? Like stocks, magazines, foregrips, or stuff like internals, regulators, and the stuff that actually effects the performance?
0

#17 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

  • The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,296
  • Joined: 23-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Albert, AB
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

I'd imagine by customizable he means external parts (ie. MILSIM) - and I agree with previous posts, my first used gun was a 98c with a cyclone and haven't had any problems - but I wouldn't bother upgrading internals much (other than cyclone parts). Especially the E-Grip - I'd be loathe to take apart the whole thing just to change batteries -_-

Besides, E-Grip = waste of paint haha <3 my Phantom
0

#18 User is offline   IIIce 

  • Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 22-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yesss duude I was totally talking about internal parts! xD. You have conceded the point that a Tippmann CAN be brought to that level! However yet again, you can't totally dismiss the aesthetics either. WHy do we make the Tippmanns look like real guns? Well because it looks BAD ARSE!! I am NOT dodging the swear filter!, just using a less offensive word. =P

If we can afford it, how is it a money pit, it looks really sweet, fits perfectly the mil sim and scenario themed games, and if we can cross that over for other paintball uses, even better. Sure there are tourney guns in camo and dark colors, but many of them are not, or have multiple color options, red and blue seem to be pretty popular. Plus a high fire rate gun really honestly doesn't do so well in games with thick brush, it just gives away positions. YES there are experienced players who do not do that, I never said there wasn't. But you get some people who come from Paintball, just playing speedball, and they are lost in the woods game, and vice versa. I say if you want a gun you can make look reall awesome, that lasts pretty much forever with good care, and is extremely versatile, get a Tippmann, he said leaning toward an A-5, i'd do the x7 personally, but who am I, I use an upgraded m98c =).
0

#19 User is offline   IIIce 

  • Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 22-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on 04 September 2010 - 11:43 PM, said:

Now to make a 98 custom with the E-GRIP, DOUBLE TRIGGER, and all the other fancy stuff to get it near the level of a tourney marker, you would spend more money than just going out and buying a basic speedball marker.


Yeah, but it can be done over time, and as I said what hobby doesn't require money, plus you'll have a gun that looks SWEET for mil sim play as well, totally dig it. =)
0

#20 User is offline   TheEnd 

  • I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 686
  • Joined: 07-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

View PostDomi-Nate, on 06 September 2010 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yesss duude I was totally talking about internal parts! xD. You have conceded the point that a Tippmann CAN be brought to that level! However yet again, you can't totally dismiss the aesthetics either. WHy do we make the Tippmanns look like real guns? Well because it looks BAD ARSE!! I am NOT dodging the swear filter!, just using a less offensive word. =P

If we can afford it, how is it a money pit, it looks really sweet, fits perfectly the mil sim and scenario themed games, and if we can cross that over for other paintball uses, even better. Sure there are tourney guns in camo and dark colors, but many of them are not, or have multiple color options, red and blue seem to be pretty popular. Plus a high fire rate gun really honestly doesn't do so well in games with thick brush, it just gives away positions. YES there are experienced players who do not do that, I never said there wasn't. But you get some people who come from Paintball, just playing speedball, and they are lost in the woods game, and vice versa. I say if you want a gun you can make look reall awesome, that lasts pretty much forever with good care, and is extremely versatile, get a Tippmann, he said leaning toward an A-5, i'd do the x7 personally, but who am I, I use an upgraded m98c =).


A Tippmann will never ever perform to the level of a high end marker. You can spend hundreds of dollars on the inside of an A5, and it will still be a mechanical blowback. A high end marker will be more consistent and smoother than a tippmann will ever even think about being. The only worthwhile upgrade on a Tippmann is getting a Hpa tank. I'm not bashing tippmanns in any way, they serve their purpose in paintball. They are cheap and durable, and they allow new players to get into the sport. They also allow milsim players to build their guns into just about any replica they want. It is all about preference, but putting money into a Tippmann to try and get it to the performance of a high end is just impractical, and it will never be as smooth or consistent as even an older high end marker.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.
0

#21 User is offline   IIIce 

  • Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 22-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

But here's my point dude it's not all about having the greatest marker, with good experienced play, a pro with a Tippmann can tag a pro with a DM9 so wtf guys I just don't follow this...
0

#22 User is offline   IIIce 

  • Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 22-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Because Tippmanns don't have a ramping mode? explain further pls...(yes I know what ramping is)
0

#23 User is offline   TheEnd 

  • I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 686
  • Joined: 07-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

View PostDomi-Nate, on 07 September 2010 - 09:46 PM, said:

Because Tippmanns don't have a ramping mode? explain further pls...(yes I know what ramping is)


No, a Tippmann is a mechanical blowback. The velocity is controlled by a screw that lets more or less air into the marker. A high end marker with a regulator will just be far more consistent and smoother to operate. Nothing against Tippmanns, just pointing out that they will never outperform a high end. They are just an inferior design, it is like comparing a honda to a lambo.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.
0

#24 User is offline   IIIce 

  • Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 22-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostTheEnd, on 07 September 2010 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostDomi-Nate, on 07 September 2010 - 09:46 PM, said:

Because Tippmanns don't have a ramping mode? explain further pls...(yes I know what ramping is)


No, a Tippmann is a mechanical blowback. The velocity is controlled by a screw that lets more or less air into the marker. A high end marker with a regulator will just be far more consistent and smoother to operate. Nothing against Tippmanns, just pointing out that they will never outperform a high end. They are just an inferior design, it is like comparing a honda to a lambo.


WHoa whoa whoa LOL, falsity. You can put a regulator on a Tippmann, and notice I never said outperform I said compete with, because they can. A regulator whether or not you have an e-frame or response trigger or just the most reliable mechanical marker, a regulator will save air and regulate shots more consistently. I just think you guys are totally missing the buck here.
0

#25 User is offline   TheEnd 

  • I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 686
  • Joined: 07-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Any marker that can shoot at field velocity can compete with any other marker. No one is trying to argue that. I also never said that you couldn't put a regulator on a tippmann, I was simply putting an example up there. Mechanical blowbacks are simply an old design, they are durable and also very easy to maintain. However the design is inefficient and is not very consistent. I used an A5 for years and I could never get the damn thing to be less than +/-10 at the chrono, and I know many players who have had this same problem.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.
0

#26 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

  • Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 166
  • Joined: 17-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:GA, USA
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Most high end guns blow tippmanns out of the water. Nothing against tippmanns (I have several my self and they are great, and reliable markers), but they will never out perform, or even be able to match the quality, or performance of a higher end marker.

I had a 98c for sometime (and still have it), and I loved it, although it will never be as nice as my mini (and mini's aren't even high end markers). I tried to upgrade my tippmann; I got hpa for it, a response trigger, a better barrel, and then a J&J barrel kit, and that's just a few of the many small things that I did to try and make it better. Still it isn't half as consistent or nice as my mini. Idk man, a lot of it is personal preference. Looking back on it, I am glad that I bought the 98c, but I wish that I hadn't tried to upgrade it, instead I wish that I had just played with it and saved my money for the mini.

It is true that a marker doesn't define a player, and that a pro with a tippmann could take out a pro with a dm9, but that doesn't mean that the tippmann is just as good, it means that the player was better. The player was the one keeping up, not the marker.

EDIT: I started writing this–and posted it–before I saw TheEnd's last post, and he basically sums up what I was trying to say. anyway... yeah.. :)

This post has been edited by Zz Loth zZ: 07 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users