• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A-5 Flatline/Apex Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

I have an A-5. I have a C-Series Barrel that I like playing ambush and ghost flanker sniper, but not really for longbow sniper because it doesnt add a lot of range. Should I go with the Flatline or the Apex. I am just looking to see what shoots furthest and i dont really care about the sound. Please let me know and explain why you like the flatline or apex.

#2 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Sep 7 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

I have an A-5. I have a C-Series Barrel that I like playing ambush and ghost flanker sniper, but not really for longbow sniper because it doesnt add a lot of range. Should I go with the Flatline or the Apex. I am just looking to see what shoots furthest and i dont really care about the sound. Please let me know and explain why you like the flatline or apex.

I would recommend grabbing the Apex Adapter for the C-Series Barrel and buying an Apex tip from either Lapco Paintball or just get a regular Apex barrel from Special Ops and use the Tip off of that.

Check out The Ultimate Apex Barrel Thread for all your FAQ on the Apex Barrel, plus a bunch of links and videos!

This post has been edited by KRA SHARPSHOOTER: 07 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

View PostKRA SHARPSHOOTER, on Sep 7 2008, 02:32 PM, said:

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Sep 7 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

I would recommend grabbing the Apex Adapter for the C-Series Barrel and buying an Apex tip from either Lapco Paintball or just get a regular Apex barrel from Special Ops and use the Tip off of that.

Check out The Ultimate Apex Barrel Thread for all your FAQ on the Apex Barrel, plus a bunch of links and videos!

Ok thanks. Do they have the apex adapter at spec ops?

#4 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Yep, there's a link in The Ultimate Apex Barrel Thread, but hears a direct link: C-Series Apex Adapter

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Sep 7 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

Ok thanks. Do they have the apex adapter at spec ops?

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#5 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

apex shoots way further than flatline also if your smart you can get them cheaper to
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

Don't think that you will necessarily be able to hit people at farther distances with an Apex or Flatline barrel. While they allow paintballs to travel further overall they don't necessarily increase your effective range. At any given distance paint will still be going the same velocity regardless of the barrel it is shot from. At the longer ranges a Apex or Flatline would allow you to reach a paintball's accuracy is going to be very poor and even if you do get a hit it isn't likely to break. The real advantage of those barrels is that they help take out the human element of arching your shots.

Past 100 feet someone with decent reflexes can even dodge incoming paint. Past 150 feet accuracy is pretty poor and paint isn't likely to break unless it hits something hard. A standard barrel can shoot 150 feet easily with just a small 5-10 degree arc.

This post has been edited by Piller: 07 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   OP4delta 

• Squad Commando
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

View PostPiller, on Sep 7 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

Don't think that you will necessarily be able to hit people at farther distances with an Apex or Flatline barrel. While they allow paintballs to travel further overall they don't necessarily increase your effective range. At any given distance paint will still be going the same velocity regardless of the barrel it is shot from. At the longer ranges a Apex or Flatline would allow you to reach a paintball's accuracy is going to be very poor and even if you do get a hit it isn't likely to break. The real advantage of those barrels is that they help take out the human element of arching your shots.

Past 100 feet someone with decent reflexes can even dodge incoming paint. Past 150 feet accuracy is pretty poor and paint isn't likely to break unless it hits something hard. A standard barrel can shoot 150 feet easily with just a small 5-10 degree arc.

true, the flattened trajectory thing is cool. i longballed a guy the other day because I got my first few shots on target faster than he could becuase of the apex, didnt have to arc shots...

at long ranges, one cant expect the ball to break, but it is fun to watch people duck when paint starts hitting them/the brush around them and they think you're out of range

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

thanks for all the stuff guys. i got a question. i shoot from prone a lot and would having backspin on the ball have anything to do with it that would make it dip first and hit the ground? let me know. thanks

#9 User is offline   613ottawapaintball 

• shred that gnar
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SITE ONER

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

with the 14"cseriesed apex, i found that the ball dipped a lot at first
not so much with the flatline, id take one over an apex anyday, but thats just my opionon
its a heated debate these days, apex v flatline

#10 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

The apex is so much better. You came make the paintball fly around the trees and, it can fly as far as the flatline.
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users