• You cannot reply to this topic

Ghetto "Rain-Cover" Cough Cough!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

sup people. had a little boredom moment.

Posted Image

Enjoy.

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

LMAO is that a water bottle strapped to the end?? How did you extend the barrel into it? what are you using as "rain absorbing material" to keep the porting clear?
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

What I felt I needed the last time I played in the rain was something to extend over the SC feed tube so that rain stopped going in when I reloaded :P stupid balls expanded in the tube haha PITA to get out.

#4 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

you can call it whatever you want..."someone else" will call it "something else"............

be careful..........
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

cough***silencer***cough

But it still looks cool :)

This post has been edited by 5N1P3R: 17 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

View PostLegato, on 16 October 2010 - 11:26 PM, said:

LMAO is that a water bottle strapped to the end?? How did you extend the barrel into it? what are you using as "rain absorbing material" to keep the porting clear?

1) Allens Apple juice container

2&3) I used a lighter to melt the plastic then stretched a hole which would fit the barrel into, so its a just snug fit. Then melted through the cap to put a exit hole in it, put my rain absorbing material inside, AKA my sisters facial application pads. and closed the cap to keep in all in one place. ( she has like a zillion of them, she wont know :P )

you can call it whatever you want..."someone else" will call it "something else"............

be careful..........

your right on that one, But last time I checked "something else" isnt illegal, But some "Thing" else, is. more for experimentation purposes.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 17 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

#7 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

View PostEskimo, on 17 October 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

be careful..........

your right on that one, But last time I checked "something else" isnt illegal, But some "Thing" else, is. more for experimentation purposes.

Well, I don't want to get into a "urinating contest" with you about the semantics of the terminology chosen....you know what I meant and all I'm saying is "be careful"....that's all.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

not trying to be rude or anything, I do understand the consequences should some one Really not take a liking to my thing. ( sounds gross)
But It is more for "I wonder if...." basically my own curiosity,

I'v done plenty of things to ind out if they might work,
drilled holes in my Tippmann 98 feedneck to see if air would blow out rather then up and slow down the speed of the paint balls falling.

Made a mini hole in my plastic hopper and shoved a pencil in there, so if it gets jammed I can "Wiggle" the pencil tip to agitate the balls near the feedstack

used various pieces of tape folded over to create a "flap" then put those flaps on the porting on my barrel to try "redirect" some of the sound, and at the same time help blending in at a distance,

do they work? Probably not. LOL. but ima keep doing things to see if they work. maybe one day they will.

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

druid isn't just busting your balls here, he actually is looking out for you: I'm assuming your read rule 8b. Post all the pics you want just "be careful" is all he's saying.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#10 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

View Postger, on 18 October 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

druid isn't just busting your balls here, he actually is looking out for you: I'm assuming your read rule 8b. Post all the pics you want just "be careful" is all he's saying.

Oh I got that also, Im not trying to push him or anything, Im aware that he's taking time out of his day to make sure I know what can happen. I do appreciate his time and thoughts, no questions.

And I have read all the pages and statements before ( I aint new or anything :dry: )
and as far as instruction to make one, most people could spend 5 minutes with a bottle and figure out what the general idea of how to get it from start to finish go. this is no "baffle" technology or amazing enhancement.

I will be cautious, and The field owner stated that he has no problem or outstanding issue with me using it on the field ( I just wanted to see if it would change anything at all!)

And If any of the players asks me to remove and get rid of it, i'll take it off and chuck it into my bag, or the garbage.

If everyone would be more comfortable if we pretended this topic never existed then feel free to ask a moderator or Admin to delete this topic off the boards and into the internet oblivion.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 18 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

#11 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

View Postger, on 18 October 2010 - 04:33 PM, said:

^^ Exactly right ^^

I know Eskimo isn't new here, he's been around a while. I know that he knows how I stand on "these things" and nothing else really needed to be said. I didn't take his replies personally...I just want him to be careful. That's all.
I got my OWN smiley...

#12 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

They're a funny subject. Online everybody has at least one horror story about them, but I've been using one for years and most of the time at scenarios I spend a good 30mins to an hour taking it apart and showing it off to interested refs and players alike. Ironically one of the most interested players I ran into was an ATF agent XD

#13 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on 15 November 2010 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ironically one of the most interested players I ran into was an ATF agent XD

That's classic.

I've made few mock ones just for looks & for actually covering porting in case of rain. Of course My A-5 is so loud it wouldn't make a difference. My Mags are considerably quieter so maybe at some point I'll mess w/ one for them in the future. I've only ever seen one at my field & it's mounted on a marker on the display wall in the admin building, lol.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#14 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Threw it on my Tac-one just to see a difference.
it works way better, I think because I have that open spot between the feed tube and the breach alot of the sound gets out, Someone at the field tried making one out of a pop can ( just cut the bottom and shoved paper inside) and we had a little "how much of a difference does?" on peoples various markers as now I think I may have accidentally started a curiosity fest at the field.

any closed bolt marker works much much better, if you can find a way to get the end about 2CM from the barrel tip, it turns into a deep "poomp" its kinda funky.

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

I find my Carter Mini Comp still makes some noise with the Whoosh, but it considerably quieter then my Buzzard. Not as quiet as i expected it to make it, but i guess filling is what changes it most. It definitely keeps all water out and does that job well. Played in the rain with it a few times. :D
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users