• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

my tippmann story long read Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

when i started paintball back in November of 2004, i remember looking around opsgear at all the 98 customs and a-5's and dreaming about them. wanting them. instead, i got a piranha evo. it sucked. gave me problems, didn't want to work right. blah blah blah. any who, after that, i got an a-5 from a friend's dad for $150. he only used it 4 times and it was almost in new condition. i loved that gun, i got a 6 position stock for it and a 16" opsgear barrel. the gun would never let me down. when i got it, played about 5 games, never once oiled it up, never put oil into the asa, never did anything and it worked flawlessly. i owned that gun for almost 2 years and then i traded it. for a phantom. the phantom was great but the tippmann was more reliable. i then traded the phantom for an automag and realized how much i missed the tippmann line. i loved the reliability of them. i loved the fact i could do anything to it and it would work. many people say "oh, well tippmanns have problems, inaccurate, loud, bulky, heavy, and not a good gun." about half of that is true, they are loud, yes, i can pick a tippmann firing out from a group of guns, they are heavy, but run remote and you're fine. but with a good barrel and high pressure, they're just as accurate as some of the other guns. many people say to new players, get a tippmann! i agree, get a tippmann. they will teach you how to play paintball without letting you sit on the side. it helps to use a gun that will work just fine every time you put air in it and go to play. This is good for the player that is new to the sport, may not like the price, but they paid to play paintball. why do you think field owners use tippmanns for rentals? because they're a freaking rock. unbreakable. reliable as hell. fun to shoot. all i can say about tippmann is thank you for getting me into the sport of paintball. without them, i would have quit because of my very crappy "first" gun.

what about you guys? how is tippmann important to you?

This post has been edited by florentine: 04 April 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

Tippmann's are good to keep your money from making a mess in your wallet. :)

I like Tippmann for the same reason I like ions. Around here people still say " Ohhh an A5 " or " watch out , he's got an ion." They seem to not worry about the no-names like Minions or PM's.

#3 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

Well for Christmas of 05 my brother was wanting a paintball gun. He was looking at them at Gander Mountain. He talked to a guy that worked there and they guy suggested the 98. Well thats what my brother asked my parrents for. Instead the gave him a vexor. They said that it was a paintball gun and it was cheaper and the guy just wanted to sell the higher priced guns. Well he was not happy. About a month later he saved his Christmas mopne and baught a tac 5 recon. It looked just like a 98 and was a little cheaper. We were new to paintball and did not think to research anything. Well he gave me the vexor and he got the tac 5. Well after playing with both guns I did some research and decided that the 98 was a great gun. I then saw the a5 and was like that is awsome I want it. But that would meen waiting a lot longer to get it. I saved up my money, in about april just 4 months after Christmas I baught a 98 and have never looked back. My 98 has been a tank for me. I baught a a5 after I worked at Boy Scout Summer camp this past fall. My 98 is still my backup and will always be my first love. My brother went through 3 guns before he convinced our parents to get him a a5 for Cristmas of 06. I baught my dad a a5 right after I got mine this past fall. We are a family of tippmann and I don't think that will ever change.

One thing that gets me is like what you said florentine, is people talking bad about tippmann. I have had people tell me not to wast money on them and get a ion or some other tourny style gun, but thats not me. I have friends that had ions and other style tourny guns. Half the time they were working on it before the game so it would shoot, the other half of hte time they were using either their tippmanns or other backups becasue their torny guns would not work. I can go a couple of months without cleaning my a5 or 98 and it will work like brand new, and I put my guns through some abuse to.
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#4 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

florentine, you could probably trade your PM5 for another A5, if you threw in some cash. :D

yeah, I feel you...
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#5 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 4 2008, 11:21 AM, said:

Tippmann's are good to keep your money from making a mess in your wallet. :P

I like Tippmann for the same reason I like ions. Around here people still say " Ohhh an A5 " or " watch out , he's got an ion." They seem to not worry about the no-names like Minions or PM's.

So true. I still laugh about that time at Bunker's when you had everyone convinced your Minion was "just another Wal-Mart gun" until you started ripping on it. :ghillie:

#6 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 4 2008, 11:21 AM, said:

Tippmann's are good to keep your money from making a mess in your wallet. :laugh:

QFT.

Spyder brought me into the game. Got a Tippmann A-5 shortly after and it was very good. Had it for 2 years, then sold it for a PPS Blazer. Best decision in my paintball career. It was just going to cost too much to get my A-5 to where I wanted it to be. All told, I've spent roughly $600 on my Blazer. To get an A-5 near a Blazer's performance you would need the LPK, PPS Stabilizer or other good reg, good barrel. Totalling that up comes to roughly $500. And you still have a big, heavy, inefficient blow-back. So I would rather spend $100 to get a MUCH MUCH better marker.

They are money pits, plain and simple. They perform just well enough to fool people into thinking they are actually really good.

#7 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

My tippmann is the only Semi gun i have thats working..lol
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

View PostJKLNHYD, on Apr 4 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

florentine, you could probably trade your PM5 for another A5, if you threw in some cash. ;)

heck no, im never gonna trade the pm5. i just got a skirmish and that balances out. when im low on paint from burning it on the pm5, i can go to the pump and use 30 balls
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#9 User is offline   zerocold 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Evarazzi

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

MY TIPPMANN SUCKS!!!!...i have an x7 and it chops ridicuously...today im gonna try a new powertube because i think mine is hitting the balls as the exit the cyclone...and if that doesnt work i return to Spyder

#10 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

View Postzerocold, on Apr 4 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

MY TIPPMANN SUCKS!!!!...i have an x7 and it chops ridicuously...today im gonna try a new powertube because i think mine is hitting the balls as the exit the cyclone...and if that doesnt work i return to Spyder

Have you checked your cyclone ratchet?

My 98c with upped cyclone has always served me well. Its been two years and one oring. It is a money dump but its my money dump lol.

This post has been edited by motoguy1251: 04 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#11 User is offline   zerocold 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Evarazzi

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

View Postmotoguy1251, on Apr 4 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

My 98c with upped cyclone has always served me well. Its been two years and one oring. It is a money dump but its my money dump lol.

yes thats not what the problem is....i took it to my paintball place and there gonna look at it so hopefully theyll fix it...and your lucky lol :laugh:

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

View Postzerocold, on Apr 4 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

View Postmotoguy1251, on Apr 4 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

yes thats not what the problem is....i took it to my paintball place and there gonna look at it so hopefully theyll fix it...and your lucky lol :eck:

some people get unlucky with tippmann guns. i was lucky with my a-5. thats why i made the thread
Feedback

#13 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

i had great dealings with tippmann. it wasn't untill i bought an a5 did i start to have problems but not much. it would break once in a while, but it was a great gun. then i started to have more problem when i bought an x7. i've had two x7 and both have chopped paint like a blender. i even upped the cyclone and i still chopped like crazy. i don't think tippmann is bad i just think they made a bad cyclone system with thee x7. i would much perfer the 98 over the x7. Esspecialy the new 98. thats a cool gun
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#14 User is offline   MARINE SOLDIER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MARINE SOLDIER

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

i started of with a spider victor 2.it was reliable to me.then3 years later i got my tippmann x7 with a e-grip in the christmas of 2007.i used it and abused it ever since then and it has never chopped a ball.the only thing that has scratches on it is the stock barrel that it comes with.
MARINE FORCE RECON

#15 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

I can say that Tippmanns are pretty reliable as far as just putting paint down range (with the exception of the POC Cyclone) but for some people its the lack of consistency and performance that leads them away. I put down my Tippmnns last year and have never looked back but thats just me. I will say however that when ever I had a problem with a Tippmann product the customer service was beyond great and parts were in the mail in no time. Unfortunately a slew of spare parts do you no good when the gun just will not chrono higher than 250fps or below 350fps as a lot of people have a problem with this. And again having extra ratchets does you no good when in the middle of a firefight you are no longer feeding balls or when no matter how much time or money you sink into the stupid E-Grip it will not stop bounce firing. In the end I needed more performance out of a paintball gun than the tippmanns can offer but I do still reccomend the 98's to newer players where price and ease of use is paramount.
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users