Special Ops Paintball: A Few Questions. - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Few Questions. How do you keep your marker from getting wet in the rain? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MBPB 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 01-January 08

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:41 AM

I have a bad problem with fogging (inside not outside of the mask) any way to control that?

How unsafe would it be if I played with only goggles? I figure if my eyes are covered I can deal with a fat lip once in a while.

Any home made neck gaurd suggestions? I want to make a few for the younger players in my group (13 and 14) because the neck gaurds they have now are flimsy and they are good kids I dont want them to get hurt.
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.
0

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

  • This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,987
  • Joined: 02-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Davisburg, Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

Fogging - Thermal lense, anti fog spray or of it's actually sweat pouring off your head wear a headband hat/what have you to absord it.

Goggles Only - Hell no It's not safe. They're a reason the industry went to full face.
Shot to the ear canal - possible permanent damage
Temple -out cold
Mouth - If it gets past your teeth, throat lacerations
0

#3 User is offline   MBPB 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 01-January 08

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:05 AM

First off trilby pwned before zero punctuation.

and i breath heavy because im a smoker so I have problems breathing through the small vents infront of the mask i guess ill just deal with it
fogging starts even when im not sweating by the way I always wear a head band because I dont like the foam rubbing and my other mask is tough as hell. (damn SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] vforce)
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.
0

#4 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:20 AM

I smoke and Ive never fogged up the Thermal Lens on any of my Masks and why is that, I Breathe through my Nose, not through my mouth, even after running for awhile on the field.

As for your Topic Heading, there is no way to prevent a Marker from getting wet in the rain, unless the Marker isnt being used and is stored away in a Vehicle or in a Gun Case or Bag.

EDIT: As for Neck Protectors, a Long Piece of Cloth is good enough, but I can tell you this...Neck Protectors will cause the player to get Hot around the Neck and Sweat more than without one.

I have a JT Neck Protector and Ive only used it once and thats only because, it was unconfortable to wear after 1 game and it also raised up my Body Temperature, which almost lead to Heat Exhaustion and for Heat Exhaustion, its never a good thing for anyone (regardless of age) to experience on the field.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 13 October 2008 - 04:31 AM

0

#5 User is offline   thisissparta 

  • Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,230
  • Joined: 22-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SPARTAAA!
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

invest in a good raincover for your barrel :panzer:

but if you have a ported barrel, take some electrical tape and cover the ports, and try to only reload when you're in a dry spot, because if paint gets into your hopper, you'll have a nice big chunk of paint instead of paintballs.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.
0

#6 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

Tyger's "Playing in the Rain" Clip

He's got some good information to help you out.

Never, ever play with only goggles. It was common in the 1990s, but that was out of ignorance and was unsafe.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,759
  • Joined: 01-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Methuen, Ma
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

For the fogging problems, there is a product that you can get at dive shops called 200FT Viz. Any antifogging spray product has nothing on this stuff. Basically, you apply a drop large enough to cover the inner lense of you googles wait about 10 minutes and then take a lint free towel and buff the lense clear
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page
0

#8 User is offline   PistolWhipped 

  • Headshot Specialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 206
  • Joined: 09-January 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Well, I may need to try that stuff Nightwolf.
“You deserve nothing. Remember that.”
Posted Image
My Feedback. +3/-0
0

#9 User is offline   MBPB 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 01-January 08

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 13 2008, 07:20 AM, said:

I smoke and Ive never fogged up the Thermal Lens on any of my Masks and why is that, I Breathe through my Nose, not through my mouth, even after running for awhile on the field.

As for your Topic Heading, there is no way to prevent a Marker from getting wet in the rain, unless the Marker isnt being used and is stored away in a Vehicle or in a Gun Case or Bag.

EDIT: As for Neck Protectors, a Long Piece of Cloth is good enough, but I can tell you this...Neck Protectors will cause the player to get Hot around the Neck and Sweat more than without one.

I have a JT Neck Protector and Ive only used it once and thats only because, it was unconfortable to wear after 1 game and it also raised up my Body Temperature, which almost lead to Heat Exhaustion and for Heat Exhaustion, its never a good thing for anyone (regardless of age) to experience on the field.


1 These 2 dont relate like I said even while sitting and not playing pb it starts to fog. It fogs up while wearing it in my house watching TV the breathing thing went along with the no mask idea.

2 Sweating isnt really a big deal with the younger kids but the neck protectors they have made by JTUSA suck so I want to add some more protection so they dont get hurt. I was just going to make one like the one I use to use which was just card board and duct tape and some velcro.

Will pick up some 200ft viz.

The rain thing is that i have heard of people playing while it is raining and I couldnt think of how to keep your gun from getting wet which is a really bad thing.
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.
0

#10 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 770
  • Joined: 28-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Why, exactly, do the JT neck protectors suck?


And would you please use some correct grammar?
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   MBPB 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 01-January 08

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

View PostSteel Tiger, on Oct 13 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Why, exactly, do the JT neck protectors suck?


And would you please use some correct grammar?

I have a dyslexia problem so screw grammar and they are thin and like having plastic on the skin so after a few games it sticks. They are 2 basic to work well enough to use.
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.
0

#12 User is offline   Maj Tom 

  • This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,987
  • Joined: 02-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Davisburg, Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

View PostMBPB, on Oct 13 2008, 05:41 AM, said:

Any home made neck gaurd suggestions? I want to make a few for the younger players in my group (13 and 14) because the neck gaurds they have now are flimsy and they are good kids I dont want them to get hurt.

Woops missed the neck guard part.

Made my first one out of 7mm neoprene and some velcro from Jo-Ann fabrics. And if you drill out a bolt a little on one end you can use it to punch holes into the guard for ventilation and flexibility (if a hole punch is not readily available). I think I still have a 1/2yd or so laying around some where that you could use if you're interested.

View PostKnightwolf16, on Oct 13 2008, 05:27 PM, said:

For the fogging problems, there is a product that you can get at dive shops called 200FT Viz. Any antifogging spray product has nothing on this stuff. Basically, you apply a drop large enough to cover the inner lense of you googles wait about 10 minutes and then take a lint free towel and buff the lense clear

Great stuff, 200FT Viz.

View PostMBPB, on Oct 13 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

I have a dyslexia problem so screw grammar and they are thin and like having plastic on the skin so after a few games it sticks. They are 2 basic to work well enough to use.

Yep, a gym sock would work better than some of the neck guards out there

Quote

First off trilby pwned before zero punctuation.


Meh, I just like the little characters.

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 13 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

0

#13 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostMBPB, on Oct 13 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

View PostSteel Tiger, on Oct 13 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Why, exactly, do the JT neck protectors suck?


And would you please use some correct grammar?

I have a dyslexia problem so screw grammar and they are thin and like having plastic on the skin so after a few games it sticks. They are 2 basic to work well enough to use.

Ummm doesn't dyslexia mean you mix up letters, yet you've spelled ever word correctly so far. Improving your grammar just a little will make your posts a lot easier to understand.

*EDIT* I believe specops sells better made neck guards. I haven't gone on their store in a while so they might not have them anymore though.

This post has been edited by ghost93: 13 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

0

#14 User is offline   MBPB 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 01-January 08

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

im dyslexic so what I type looks correct when read back so im not quite sure when I get something wrong..
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.
0

#15 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

i just use a CCM hockey neck guard. Thin and light, all that i need. Fits well.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users