• You cannot reply to this topic

Grill Lens Question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

How long does the anti-fog treatment last on a Grill? I bought mine a year ago, played about 8 times, only cleaned it with water and a soft cloth, and it starts to fog on me now. Could it be that I'm not wearing a hat or sandana and the sweat comes through and fogs it up?
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

View PostIron Eagle, on 25 August 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

How long does the anti-fog treatment last on a Grill? I bought mine a year ago, played about 8 times, only cleaned it with water and a soft cloth, and it starts to fog on me now. Could it be that I'm not wearing a hat or sandana and the sweat comes through and fogs it up?

All Vforce masks use the same coating on the INSIDE layer on the lens - I had Profilers and I kept stupidly wiping that part (even gently) so I went through 3 lenses in 1 year and started getting almost immediate fogs. A hat/sandana helps absorb some sweat but it won't for long, especially in dense woods.

I ended up buying Dye i3's because I saw my friend play through a thunderstorm with no fog :P As to your original question, I can't say because I kept wiping mine -_-

#3 Guest_B-Dazl_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

I use GRILLS, but I also use FOG - TECH all the time...... so I don't really know either.........

FOG TECH works pretty well though.......

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

I have a pair of Profilers. I clean them the same way you do, water & a soft cloth. I replace the lens once a year because the lens gets pretty well scratched up from plowing thru the woods. Thankfully it's about the same time the anti-fog wears off. If the outside of your lens is in good shape, try the Fog-Tech wipes. I recently started using it as well & it's wonderful. It's extending the life of my current lens an extra few months so far, likely to the end of the year.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

I've had my Grills for a year or so with the stock clear lense and an amber lense, and I haven't had any fogging issues but lots of problems with condensation on the inside of the lense which looks like fog at first but then beads up and runs down the inside of the lense making it look like I'm underwater or something. My sandana doesn't seem to help for long. I haven't found a solution yet. :( A fan would seem to be the way to go but there really isn't anywhere to mount one on the Grills. I don't think anti-fog products would help with the condensation either. Possibly getting one or two extra sets of foam and swapping the sweaty ones out for dry ones between games might help, I think I'm going to try it at least.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

I think I'm just going to replace the lens based on what I'm hearing and the scratches it has. Yay, more money to spend on my gear overhaul :rolleyes:
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostThe Bear, on 26 August 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

I've had my Grills for a year or so with the stock clear lense and an amber lense, and I haven't had any fogging issues but lots of problems with condensation on the inside of the lense which looks like fog at first but then beads up and runs down the inside of the lense making it look like I'm underwater or something. My sandana doesn't seem to help for long. I haven't found a solution yet. :( A fan would seem to be the way to go but there really isn't anywhere to mount one on the Grills. I don't think anti-fog products would help with the condensation either. Possibly getting one or two extra sets of foam and swapping the sweaty ones out for dry ones between games might help, I think I'm going to try it at least.

Bear

Your problem isn't fog. It's condensation. I have that issue. Or had...It's not the masks fault. It is you and sweating. Do you wear a headband/headwrap? You should and that is why. When you sweat the goggle foam absorbs all it can. However once it's soaked it will justlet the sweat run down onto the lens. Causing the aquarium effect. No good. So everytime you get off the field, DRY the foam thoroughly with paper towels. Hold the mask so the lens faces up and blot the foam dry, this way no excess sweat is forced onto the lens. Also get a thick absorbant headband or two. I have two. One gets drenched by midway thru the game, once it;s soaked, it's useless for the same reasons as the foam, won't absorb anymore. So change it out for a new one. Haven't had condesnation problems in years thanks to having a fresh headband and always drying the foam
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#8 Guest_B-Dazl_*

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

View PostThe Bear, on 26 August 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

Bear

I had a fan mounted in one of my GRILLs. I took it out though cause it didn't seem to help much, and it dug into my forehead!! Cause there isn't really a good place to install a fan on one :)

The anti-fog usually works really well for me!

But I REALLY like your extra foam idea........ That seems to be the huge culprit, is when that foam gets SOAKED!!

Thanks Bear,

B-Dazl

#9 Guest_B-Dazl_*

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

[/quote]
Your problem isn't fog. It's condensation. I have that issue. Or had...It's not the masks fault. It is you and sweating. Do you wear a headband/headwrap? You should and that is why. When you sweat the goggle foam absorbs all it can. However once it's soaked it will justlet the sweat run down onto the lens. Causing the aquarium effect. No good. So everytime you get off the field, DRY the foam thoroughly with paper towels. Hold the mask so the lens faces up and blot the foam dry, this way no excess sweat is forced onto the lens. Also get a thick absorbant headband or two. I have two. One gets drenched by midway thru the game, once it;s soaked, it's useless for the same reasons as the foam, won't absorb anymore. So change it out for a new one. Haven't had condesnation problems in years thanks to having a fresh headband and always drying the foam
[/quote]

Legato......... you my friend are one smart cookie :)

#10 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Or you could get this.... http://www.e-paintba...ce-antifog.html
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#11 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

Getting an extra set of foam or two is crucial for the Grill. That was the reason I bought it over other masks when that batch of 'new masks' came out. Also, if you put the top of your foam over the bottom of your headband, it'll overlap and help stop sweat a lot more. If the foam is on bare skin with the headband above it, you'll still get a lot of sweat.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#12 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Well Im using the Grill and still havent bought extra anythings... but a good idea is to squeeze the foam ad dry it with a shammy or a towel to help it dry then letting it out in the sun and air while you take a break. WHat is essential is making sure that its not wet with sweat. Also, always wipe sweat off your face and head/hair before you put the mask back on.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users