• You cannot reply to this topic

What is a Dagger? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   SnipingBear 

• PyschoFlankerBear
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SnipingBear

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

Well for me (please ignore name long story how I got called that) at least I find one key part most daggers new and old forget to do is to wait, yes i said wait. When your flanking someone sometimes it's best to wait about 30seconds to sometimes 2minutes or more. this way youcan see if they are bringing thier back front to do a leap frog manuever you can take out the two sets of people or you can sometimes listen in on what they are planning to do and radio it back into your commander. I for one have the unncanny ability to play the dagger position like a god except when playing in pine needles but every hero has it's weakness. One thing i see in many new daggers is that they screw up on thier timing they don't move far enough up when they need to or far enough out and they don't know when they have gone too far until it is too late. So my number one reccomendation is to (besides playing) watch all sides to see who is looking at shooting where and then decide when to move and how to get there.

#17 User is offline   EliteSoldier 

• Command Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Elite

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:05 AM

Dagger is the most important posistion.

#18 User is offline   b0b4l0 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:B0b4l0

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

heres my thoughts 1 commanders provide long distance communication to protect dagger from flanks
2snipers are very helpful and provide long range distance for the daggger while doing flag runs
3 sabres provide back up immediatly and close range cover fire for the dagger
4 the "hammer"is more of a base guy they help the dagger return home.
in my opinion without the daggers the whole CTF would be destroyed in the world of paintball and the other positions may as well not be there

#19 User is offline   Point_Man 

• Call sign; Clutch
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:REAPER2007

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:49 AM

I have played Dagger ever since I started, when I first got on this website that was the first position I looked at cuz I have always been fascinated by being a pointman (dunno why just have) I have tried otehr postions but can't stick with them. I love the action, nowin now way am i saying i am the best dagger out there but i've been playing this spot for quite awhile and anymore its the only position i will play. I need to work on being patient anyone got any tips for that,? cuz every where else i think i am good enough for now.

#20 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

Well I finally figured out I was a Dagger, not a Ghost Flanker. Skimmed over the whole positions things when I first found SpecOps, didn't read too closely into anything except the Sniper. Finally though after a game I had last Saturday I decided to go back and read through everything and came to the conclusion that I was a Dagger. Also found that the people that call themselves "Snaggers" are actually Daggers who just want the "cool" factor of sniping. Thanks for making the post Puz...
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#21 User is offline   dano3470 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:dano

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

good read. kinda makes me want to go out and practice.

#22 User is offline   killroy-mindless 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:killroy-mindless

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:57 AM

run latteraly
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!
if you have ever ran into a screen door put this on your sig

#23 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

Dont worry about what kind of you have. Ive been seeing alot of "what is a good dagger gun" threads lately, and frankly its just not that important to this position. Whats more important is that its a reliable gun that you are comfortable with. Everything else is negotiable...

#24 User is offline   Enzo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Enzo "Stirner" DaSilva

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Let's face it: The dagger is the most dangerous position. Always running, sprinting, snapshooting. You need to be fit. Have great reflexes to dodge paintballs at 10 feet range. 15 bps storming our positions it's the everyday welcome home. Even the best plans tear appart as soon as the first Pball starts flying. Trust your instincts, your mind will follow.

We take those flags! We flank those men! We drive most snipers mad! We are the first ones to raise the hand when asking for volunteers. But remember, We are the spearhead of a well oiled machine: The team.

I'm Damn Proud to be a Dagger!
"There's only two infinite things: Universe and Human Stupidity. And for Universe I┤m not sure"-A. Einstein

Enzo SpecOps MxMember No02

#25 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

Daggers: Looking down the enemy's barrel with a grin on your face
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#26 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:50 AM

View PostEliteSoldier, on Jun 15 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

Apologies All, I am new to this site and forum, but, I must disagree with this. I have been playing paintball since 98 or 99, off and on. I started playing with the idea of using military small squad tactics to tear up the wood lot. Good idea, but, could not really find anybody that had the guts and speed to make the fast, quick, in the thick of things, moves. So, most often, I found myself out in front with no support (covering fire). Part of that was my fault for not "reading" the terrain and possible ambush spots. I would trip the ambushes, not get hit, but not have anyone close enough to capitalize on my baiting the ambushers. It seems that everyone wanted to stay at a distance and slug it out for hours... I finally got frustrated and gave up and started being an action junkie/lone wolf. Being on a Team means no position is more important than any other, it takes everybody performing their functions to win the objective. The tips and tactics on this website were exactly what I was looking for. Now, I am trying to recruit people from my current PB group to sign up and pick a position... With any luck we can start using the positions to focus everyone on serious play and tactics and not mindless "advance like zombies while shooting at anything that moves..." if they advance at all...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#27 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

View PostShadowjackal, on May 19 2007, 08:50 AM, said:

View PostEliteSoldier, on Jun 15 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

Apologies All, I am new to this site and forum, but, I must disagree with this. I have been playing paintball since 98 or 99, off and on. I started playing with the idea of using military small squad tactics to tear up the wood lot. Good idea, but, could not really find anybody that had the guts and speed to make the fast, quick, in the thick of things, moves. So, most often, I found myself out in front with no support (covering fire). Part of that was my fault for not "reading" the terrain and possible ambush spots. I would trip the ambushes, not get hit, but not have anyone close enough to capitalize on my baiting the ambushers. It seems that everyone wanted to stay at a distance and slug it out for hours... I finally got frustrated and gave up and started being an action junkie/lone wolf. Being on a Team means no position is more important than any other, it takes everybody performing their functions to win the objective. The tips and tactics on this website were exactly what I was looking for. Now, I am trying to recruit people from my current PB group to sign up and pick a position... With any luck we can start using the positions to focus everyone on serious play and tactics and not mindless "advance like zombies while shooting at anything that moves..." if they advance at all...

i have to agree. i love running the point, but where i play, there are maybe four players who are willing to stay close and use me as a pivot point to move up. so like jackal, i often find myself running the point as a lone wolf. this doesn't work out too well, so i've kinda bastardized the dagger position into the flanker role-not ghost flanker, but a flanker nonetheless. i engage, drop back, go to earth and then pop up behind/next to the OpFor, if i'm lucky i'll have a teammate holding their heads down. honestly, i prefer going lone wolf in small games, but when it's a big field with a 10x10 game or larger, you'll find me out front.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#28 User is offline   Rednecker 

• Hard to hit a 5'6 100 pound target huh.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rednecker

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

I play dagger and i don't have a team yet(working on it). my booty really does hang in the wind. You have to do some different variations of special ops positions if you don't have a team. I bunker alot then dissapear again. Or i sit guarding a big position and kill anyone who comes close to it. You have to be versatile to play any position without a team. i still haven't mastered it and i'm technically a master dagger. It takes alot of welts. I'm not going to lie. I have bled when i tried to bunker too many people too close. Yep bled for about ten minutes. it was so worth it though. All the girls thought the welts were awesome. pain is temporary but glory lasts forever.
If you've bunkered someone put this in your sig.

Pain is temporary
But glory lasts forever

#29 User is offline   kekoan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kekoan

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

Why is there not a "Ghost Flanker" position on the brigade list? I think it should be there since its different than the dagger and sniper.... kind of a mix between the two. Anyone else think so :question:

#30 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

hmmm I usually play medium rifle aka broadsword but on occasion I play dagger (on my outlaw field we dont usually stick to specific positions nor do we use titles) but anyway I was wondering if running up the field to intentionally get within pointblank range (or die trying) of your opponent consider something a dagger would do?

Usually never fails for me
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users