• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dream Field Whats yours? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   steveo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

So whats yalls dream field? Mine would definatly have some pill boxes and trenches and sniper hides. Leave ur ideas

This post has been edited by steveo: 12 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

So yeah --- save a potato ... shot a deer.-Slinkyaroo in the Vegitarians thread

#2 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:03 PM

Mine would be a 6-story building or sumthin like that.Multi-level CQC mmmm yummy.

#3 User is offline   steveo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:16 PM

thatd rock urban combat style

#4 User is offline   blacksnake2675 

• SEAZ Paintball
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Caboose

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

I think a sweet idea would incorporate a few different ideas. Have a really wooded area with no pillboxes or anything keep it all natural. Let it space out a bit in some areas with trenches and pillboxes. And in the middle of it all have a really large building with a few floors for CQC. That would rock.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

or u could even have a massive attack on the central building.

#6 User is offline   Tolgak 

• redleg's doppelganger
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:12 PM

I have a drawing of it actually. I'll one day convert it to electronic (by paint or scanning) and post it.

If the field was not under my control (in terms of layout)...

I like anything attack and defend where the defense has to defend a town or something. Around the town there's a lot of open area but enough things like cars and shacks to sneak in. Inside the town there would be many buildings and streets and small alleys so that defense can pop out of anywhere and move freely. I don't care if the innards of buildings are accessable or not but preferably so. For that I'd like to play as offense because I find it more exciting.

In terms of equal combat, I would say a place like a parking lot or a golf course with a lot of bunkers.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

Mine would probably be some small town like Kranzburg, SD with random obsticles and bunkers spread around (it's only 4-5 blocks wide at the most and is residential with 1 gas station)

#8 User is offline   NickM 

• Minnesota!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TASTESLIKECHICKEN

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

My dream field...I would have planes flying over the field dropping massive paint bombs and like 50 tanks and thousands of people. Everyone would have unlimited ammo and unlimited paint gernades and this field would be like 3 miles long.
Farmland Paintball Club ~~~Honor~~Integrity~~Community~~~

#9 User is offline   robmxer 

• Rob-O
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:robmxer

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:07 AM

steveo, on Dec 12 2005, 04:01 PM, said:

So whats yalls dream field? Mine would definatly have some pill boxes and trenches and sniper hides. Leave ur ideas

i have to agree but then farther inland i would have a whole town with like 20 blocks of 2,3,and 4 story buildings paved roads then at then ends of each field i would have a huge fortress with a ton of buildings then it would have a blackmarket area complete w/ mercaneries, biased refs, paint bombs, extra medics and engineers. you could buy that stuff w/ the points you win from missions.
IPB Image
'A sniper should be like the air- not seen, but always seeing. Silent, yet swift. Nowhere, and everywhere. And when the sniper strikes, all you should see is the leaves left blowing in the wind. Fear the air, for what you can't see, you can't shoot.'
If Weaps0 is your favorite mod, put this in your profile!!! CHRIST KREW

#10 User is offline   steveo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

thats a sweet idea

#11 User is offline   Shadow Wraith 

• Highlander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Wraith

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:12 AM

To start the field I would need a large amount of varied terrain including rolling hills, flat fields, and rock outcroppings. On the field there would be areas of dense forest, medium forest, and light forest cover. A couple streams (and maybe a river) would flow across the playing field or into the pond/lake/marsh near one side. If possible maybe a couple of small box canyons along the sides.
There would be a trench system at each end of the field surrounding each base. Near the middle of the field would be an abandoned airfield complete with hangers, a dirt runway, and a couple wrecked aircraft (maybe one large plane and several smaller ones - and yes people would be allowed to play in them). Also near the middle of the field would be an urban area designed to look like a bombed out city. Buildings would range from piles of rubble to 3-4 stories. The city would include burned/wrecked cars (maybe a few train cars or a trolly), rubble barracades (think Stalingrad in Enemy at the Gates or the final city in Saving Private Ryan). Under the city would be a sewer/tunnel system with man hole openings in some of the city streets, openings into some basements, and extending to secret entrances in the surrounding forest/hills/airfield. Some of the open medows would have a wild west outpost type wood fort (complete with wall fortifications) in them. In the forests would be some permanent sniper hides (constructed out of lattice bent into a dome and covered to blend into the forest. Both natural and man-made bunkers would dot the landscape at random intervals. Each base would be would be a fortified camp complete with lookout towers and a partially underground bunker for the command center. Sandbag fortifications in each base would complete the military comand post feel (and maybe a few replicas of military howitzers too).
To complete the field I would wire the whole thing with video/audio (both record and transmit audio) at strategic places throughout the entire field. This would allow additional assistance from off the playing field in monitoring for unfair play (think of them as additional refs). The video/audio could also be edited into a video/dvd of the scenario for sale afterwards. Possibly the video/audio could also be transmitted to a bank of TVs near the camping/eating area for those not currently playing to enjoy.
Electrical in the city would allow for sporatic lighting in the sewers/tunnels and for simulated fire on top of some of the buildings during night games (and maybe in a few of the wrecked cars and planes). The ability to transmit audio would allow for realistic simulation of helicopter and plane props as they move through the field.
I would also have all players (and refs) carry a GPS radio transmitter that would allow of positions to be displayed on a map in the central game coordination office at all times (the transmitters would also be set up with an emergency button that could be activated in case of a serious emergency that needed attention (medical or otherwise).
The field would be equiped to rent 98C's, A5's, A5-A2's, C3's, PGPs, Spyders, Autocockers, Angels, DM5s, various pistols (basically the whole range of markers for those who want to try a gun before they buy one like it). It would also rent a wide selection of masks, vests, pod packs, remotes, barrels, and camo. the field would be able to fill CO2 and compressed air up to 5000psi. and sell an extensive selection of paint.
Outside the playing field for those in the dead box or significant others who wanted to come for the scenario (but not play for some unknown reason) there would be a dinning hall/kitchen, arcade, laser tag facility, a couple indoor paintball fields (good size), a couple of tournament size speedball fields (outdoor), a lodge (for those who don't want to camp), and some other entertainment (mini-golf, driving range, go-cart track, etc.). In addition there would be a fully stocked paintball store.
Best of all the field would be open 24x7x365 (24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year) although reservations may be needed for games on certain days or during certain seasons.
Now all I need to do is win the lottery and powerball (probably 2 or 3 times each).

This post has been edited by Shadow Wraith: 20 December 2005 - 08:28 AM

#12 User is offline   bladed thesis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bladed Thesis

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:36 AM

My dream field...

It'd be probably 5 mi x 5 mi, with dirt roads connecting all the major battle points. There would be a different style of defensive arena in each corner, and the way I'd manage the field, there would be different resources that you would gain for holding an area, king of the hill style. Like one really hard to control area would get you the use of a Hummer with a DT on top, an easier one would get you cases of paint, etc. There would be Military Cargo Trucks that would take players back and forth between battle areas. One battle area would have an Alamo type fortress, where it's a really hard position to hold. Another would be a small ghost town. A large fortress, surrounded by woods on all sides would be another battle field (think Tippmann Castle). The last (I've always wanted to do this) would be an abandoned mall. There would be a bunch of stores, a big food court area that would be a huge free for all, a movie theater...use your imagination. The middle would be where all of the teams have their camps, with a mess hall area, latrine area, places to fill CO2, Compressed Air, and Nitrogen, buy cases of paint, grenades, and mines, and techs on hand to help people fix their markers. And all the areas that there isn't a battle field, there's either woods or roads, where people can lay ambushes for supply trucks and such.

Yeah. That would be amazing. I think that now I want to go draw this place.

#13 User is offline   Paintballer-001 

• FO SHO? or... NOT!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:51 AM

a mile of trenches that would be tight.
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   zguy95135 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

Cruise ship.

You know, the multistory ginormous ones. The infiltration team could board from zodiacs ;)

#15 User is offline   Angry Royal Canary 

• 'baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Royal Canary

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

Large woodsball/scenario field, with underground tunnels for both sides, along with hidden vaults of supplies, 2 tanks, and multiple sniper towers.
~Adminion #5~ A-5 owner # 18
Are you an adminion? PM me for details...

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it.
All your bunkers are belong to us.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users