• You cannot reply to this topic

Zombie Survival All zombie survival, all the time. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

ok, everyone thinks about how to survive a zombie uprising at some point, and if you don't, maybe you should.

so, state some ideas, your plans, advice, etc.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

Solar powered plane, dragline fishing net to get food from the ocean, dragline pipe thing to get water.

I'll last for a while I think...not forever of course, but at least past the initial madness...

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

A few things I have learned...

Security cameras, both inside and outside your bunker complex.

Never post anyone on guard duty by themselves, they are usually the second person to become a zombie.

Ammo, 1. You can Never have enough, and 2. You can never carry enough.

Motion sensors are your friends

Always bring 2 of what ever you are travelling in be it helicopters, APCs, tanks, SUVs, Up Armored HMMWVs, or whatever because 1 will always get knocked out or run out of gas.

Building your bunker in an industrial zone full of zombie hiding places is always a bad idea.

Never park your escape vehicles outside your bunker, it will be the first place they over run.

Back up power, for your back up power, with even more back up power on top of that. If you are running generator have a back up generator on an ATS (automatic transfer switch) with your security system on a back up UPS system on top of that. It never fails that the only time your power will fail is during a "sneaky" zombie attack.

When it comes to building any obstacle; If you think its strong or high enough you will always be wrong. So you can never over do it.

Escape route, always have one (just remember to check the exterior security camera BEFORE openning the door).

Finally if you have any cute young children, a single minority, horny adolesant couple, an ackward nerd, any form of YUPPIE or corperate executive in your group of surviors; SHOOT THEM BEFORE YOUR EVEN ENTER YOUR BUNKER as they will become a Zombie and eat you OR screw you ovresulting in zombies eat you.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#4 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

gather as many unperishable foods. go to the attic burn/destroy the stairs and camp out./ easy
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#5 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:08 AM

PLaces to stay away from listed by priority...

1. Hospitals, if there is a zombie outbreak where will all the sick people soon to turn into zombies go?

2. Military outposts, where do you think the zombie plague came from, and they always tell people it's a safe zone so everybody flocks there and the chance of infection increases exponentially.

3. Churches, aside from religious fanatics thinking that god is punishing everyone and perhaps a few sacrifices are in order to appease him/her, churches usually have large unsecure windows (unless it is a jehova witness building, no windows on those).

And IMO the safest place, a cemetery. Let me explain. I have been in the cemetery business for 15 years and have buried more bodies than you can imagine. Trust me on this, they are not coming back up. Usually a body buried within the last 80 years is in a wire reinforced cement vault with an 800 lb wire reinforced cement lid sealed on with tar. Any bodies older than this buried in just the casket are bones (I have accidentally dug up a few by mistake due to poor record keeping by previous caretakers). I have seen vaults like this opened and it usually involves sledgehammers and/or large gas powered disc cutters. Add to that the 2-3 tons of dirt on top of the vault and they aren't coming out. If you are worried about the zombies in the ground avoid jewish cemeteries (you'll know them because all the headstones have to have hebrew writing on them) because the jewish faith requires burial directly in the dirt without even a casket though they are still covered with tons of earth.

Cemeteries are also generally the last place a possibly infected survivor would go which means less chance of infection for you. And the zombies will generally follow their prey meaning as long as you do not make yourself known there you should have no problems with zombies trying to get inside.

Many older cemeteries in the north have what is called a body vault. Back in the day when graves were dug by hand if the frost got too deep in winter the grave could not be dug. So cemeteries would have a body vault built, basically a cement or brick walled building (bunker?) with heavy doors, no windows, and secure ventilation to store the caskets in until thaw. These body vaults make great secure bunkers.

Many cemeteries like mine also have heavy equipment on hand and if you're lucky tools and fabrication equipment like welders and scrap steel for making tools unique to the trade and not mass produced. Should I wish to hole up in my building I have access to a skid steer with a wire cage, backhoe with front loader, 3 welders, 275gal fuel tank, 3 generators, about 2 tons of scrap steel, full auto shop with about every tool you could imagine, a pair of 1 ton trucks, and lots of other goodies including a kegerator (don't ask).

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

Im going to the local gun store.. they leave working m 4 carbines on the ground and theres a very long cheap cable that runs through them..so u cant steal them..well i can get bolt cutters..

and yea..

DOUBLE TAP
LIMBER UP
CHECK THE BACK SEAT..

NUT UP OR SHUT UP

Oh! and get a black cadi and paint a 3 on the side of it!
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

Bolt cutters won't work very well on cable unless there is a lock or something you can get to. For cable you are better off with a hacksaw or battery powered 4" grinder. Just lookin' out for you.

I would look for something bigger than a caddy with more ground clearance. Hit a horde of zombies with it and they are bound to pile up underneath high centering you. Ideal would be something 4wd with high ground clearance and a plow. If you have to drive through a horde drop the plow to keep bodies from hanging up on the undercarriage and any truck over 3 ton dry weight will be heavy enough and powerful enough to carry you through. And no back seat ;-) Again just looking out for you.

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

ok, good to see the cemetery info, i never knew that.

well i plan to get either to the water or the wilderness. i want either an island, or a boat, or a place in the mountains or the middle of nowhere. next, ideally an underground tunnel system, large enough for a garage, some exercise room, food growing/storage, water supply, etc. i'd jack some windmills for power and solar panels, and then a giant gas tank like an 18 wheeler or something, hook it up to a generator or two, zombie-fy a vehicle like a dumptruck or something (for scavenging/escape). and "rescue" a couple hotties, and wait it out while i attempt to re populate the earth. muahaha.

but, as far as weaponry goes, mehbeh an ak47 or two, plenty of ammo, a few grenades, some molotov cocktails, maybe some pipe bombs, on a remote control something.

it all depends on if its a sudden critical outbreak, or if i have time to get prepared.

#9 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

View PostSO45615, on Oct 17 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

Im going to the local gun store.. they leave working m 4 carbines on the ground and theres a very long cheap cable that runs through them..so u cant steal them..well i can get bolt cutters..

and yea..

DOUBLE TAP
LIMBER UP
CHECK THE BACK SEAT..

NUT UP OR SHUT UP

Oh! and get a black cadi and paint a 3 on the side of it!

Dont forget #1 Cardio and Dont be a hero! :laugh:

I would gather my friends and family up, go to a Gander Mountain or Cabelas and get A LOT of guns and ammo and then we would go to a Cub Food or somewhere with a lot of food and barricade it up and stay there

Yes there are some flaws but we would only stay in one place for only 3 or 4 weeks at a time....
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#10 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

after the initial on-slaught (which i will now spend in a cemetery) I plan on going to lowes. yes, lowes.

1. Power tools, and melee weapons aplenty.
2.Ammo for your nail gun (a power tool)
3.Maybe generators. I dunno, ill probably haul one with me.
4.High shelves. First day i will attempt to weld and un-climbable plate of metal to the side of my shelf. then, get to top and finish that. i will have a rope ladder sooo.. and forkilfts just in case.. Later, i might try to make more islands if i find more people. This would be good for a while...
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#11 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

just remember one thing about commercial shopping venues.... they have lots of windows to put their wares on display to shoppers. if you're in one, you might as well be a food display for the zombies. the best thing you could really do is avoid such buildings, because everyone and their momma is gonna be trying to raid walmart, sams club, walgreens, cvs, etc. first thing to do is get out of town, away from other people. the zombie chain stops when there's no people to infect, therefore the larger the buffer you have between you and other people, the better your chances.

#12 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

My top 5 items of recommendation for any zombie survival kit would include:

1)12 gauge shotgun, (has to be a pump...DUH!)
2)long kukri machete
3)monster
4)beef jerky
5)toilet paper

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#13 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Im liking the cemetery idea!

But i also would go to lowes or home depot, the high shelves, and unlimited ammo source (nails), and generators, chain saws, pitch forks, etc etc...
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

A cruise ship or aircraft carrier would be perfect. Can zombies swim?

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#15 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

ok, now lets get more specific and realistic.

consider we're dealing with a level 5 outbreak, a "dead world", basically all the worst parts of the bible, and dawn of the dead. all electricity from the grid will be off in a matter of hours or days. water will be off as well. gas pumps, off. i cant get too specific because of variables like regions of outbreak, speed of the outbreak, etc. but if you think about it, the world and all the utilities will begin shutting down immediately. so remember, resources of all kinds will be severely and quickly limited and/or dwindling.

if you get into uber detail, the worl becomes ALOT more dangerous and perilous as the seriousness of the issue is prolonged. nuclear power plants, oil tankers, airplanes, militaries, etc.

you might even have to survive a nuclear winter if a military decided to nuke the country to avoid the spread or limit the number of zombies. who knows. the point is, be careful with your plans, because in the worst case scenario that it DOES actually happen, you might wish you had serious answers....

Share this topic:

• (67 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users