M14 Mod is it possible Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Nice. :(

More or less that's an M21. Which is a M14 without the DMR pistol grip.

But more or less that answers a question someone might have of if you can do it at all with an airsoft M14.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#17 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

Not all M14s have the pistol grip-style, though. And I think the M21 was just a sniper-ised M14, wasn't it?

Hmm. One day I want to get a second Mag and put it into an M14 EBR body...

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#18 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

Z3R0, on Nov 5 2007, 09:50 PM, said:

Not all M14s have the pistol grip-style, though. And I think the M21 was just a sniper-ised M14, wasn't it?

Hmm. One day I want to get a second Mag and put it into an M14 EBR body...

-Z3R0

You are correct. Most M14s a civilian will buy will have no pistol grip. Most early assault rifles with the exception of the Thompson and SMGs like the grease gun were based on hunting rifle style stocks. In the beginning, so where sniper rifles for a long time.

Vietnam ushered in the fact that artificial stocks were necessary and actually favorable. With that the M16A1 showed up. The actual wood stock of the M14 when exposed to humidity would bend the barrel among other problems. The M21 was "sniperized" and still based on hunting rifles. The later versions (Not sure about early M21s) had free floating barrels and fiberglass stocks. Later they were decommed and somewhere in time the Army received their M24s.

The Marine Corp mothballed their M14s. Then Quantico and McMillan got together because of a need for assault past optimal ranges of the M16 A4s (The USMC have not accepted the M4 as of Operation Iraqi Freedom). It was the the DMR was tested and made it's debut.

On the flip side, the Navy Seals felt they could use a hand from the old tried and true M14. As Spec Ops needs are different than others sometimes the EBR reflected that. The EBR goes back a few pages in history and has Full Auto. It also goes forward in history and incorporates a stock made of light weight metal and supports the use of picatinny items of a large variety.

There are 2 EBR stocks. The standard EBR which just about everyone has seen, then the Chop Mod. The Chop Mod has less of a stock up front than the standard EBR.

Google EBR Chop Mod so you can see the difference.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#19 User is offline   O'C 

• Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

Marine Scout Sniper, on Nov 4 2007, 08:47 PM, said:

If I go that far, I'd be taking a friend that's an ex-marine with me to Quantico to get the real thing. But while I'm at it I'd get an M40A3 :)
Sorry... but theres no such thing as an Ex-Marine... unless hes deceased.
And anything is possible... you just need the right tools, expierence, and parts. Unless you hire somone to do it.

#20 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

O, on Nov 6 2007, 12:02 AM, said:

Marine Scout Sniper, on Nov 4 2007, 08:47 PM, said:

If I go that far, I'd be taking a friend that's an ex-marine with me to Quantico to get the real thing. But while I'm at it I'd get an M40A3 :P
Sorry... but theres no such thing as an Ex-Marine... unless hes deceased.
And anything is possible... you just need the right tools, expierence, and parts. Unless you hire somone to do it.

Well as you can tell I'm not a Marine :) I just know a few.

Nah the vet I'd take with me would be for makin sure I talk to the right people and so on and so forth.

Plus at Quantico I can do it legit. Meaning they would help me to build the rifles myself just like the snipers are required to do.

Btw the Vet I know told me that Stephen Segal actually went as far as to graduate from Scout Sniper school. Quantico said he's one of their biggest customers, he will sometimes buy 2000 rounds of .308 Winchester/7.62 mm Nato (in the military they are the same rounds) ammo on the spot. He owns an M40 A3 he made as well.

If I had to be drafted I'd be inducted into the Marines. I like the Marine vets I encounter and I like their mottos. They gotta lot of stuff I can get behind and live by.

Semper Fidelis, Kill them all and let God sort them out (Marine Recon), Teufel Hunden, Devil Dog (basically the translation of Teufel Hunden), "oorah!" (You gotta love that), Gunnery Sargent Carlos Hathcock ret. (RIP Long Tr'ang), Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (I have a philosophy that turns that into a compliment), and many others I can't think of at the moment.

#21 User is offline   RowanPaintball 

• Stocker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JC

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

Hey man, stick with the 98 plan, if you already own one and like your marker. It can be done, although I truly recomend getting real parts and building it right, you will be much happier in the long run, and if you look arround you might be supprised at what you can pick up for less then new pricing. Just be patient, do some research, and save your money to do it right.

Scroll down through this page, you will see an M14 made with an A5 and a Mini14 made with a 98.
http://rowanpaintbal...rmory/main.html

I think a cyclone feed with tac cap would be better then a stick feed, but that is just me, lol.
Pround co-founder and member of Full Plastic Jacket

#22 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

Marine Scout Sniper, on Nov 5 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

Evil Fingers, on Nov 5 2007, 02:31 PM, said:

If you really want to build an Pb M14 Rifle, look into AGD Markers not Tippmanns.

Well I have a Tippmann and not an AGD. You sometimes gotta use what's right in front of you.

Sides, I can make a stick feed for the 98 and I am making one to be point blank about it.

AGD ain't the only ones that can accept them :D

AGD Markers dont cost much except the Tac One, but overall AGD Markers is best suited for the gun you want to replicate and as you know, not all M14's had a Pistol Grip, hence why I recommend an AGD over a Tippmann, the reason being is that you wouldnt have to sacrfice chopping up the 98's Pistol Grip, unless the M14 youre wanting to build will be of the Pistol Grip Model.

#23 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

Marine Scout Sniper, on Nov 5 2007, 02:19 PM, said:

Yeah I talked to Engler. They want 900 for just a kit to be made. I ain't spendin 600 I sure ain't spendin 900.

That's just an absurd amount of money, both figures are.

Kalibur if you can make me a fiberglass DMR stock and the appropriate parts for about 60 bucks I'll take it. :D

But I doubt that's gonna happen.

What about finished wood and aircraft grade aluminum? I'll see what I can do.

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 06 November 2007 - 08:09 AM

#24 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Aluminum would be great :)

#25 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

It'll take a bit of ingenuity but an M14 Tippmann would be awesome. I love M14's.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#26 User is offline   MrEuhyung 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MrEuhyung

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

There are so many ways to mod your gun into an m14 im making a youtube vid of my old spyder modded into an m14 ill post a link soon

#27 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FROM THE ETERNAL PITS OF HELL DIE!!!!!!!
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#28 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Anything can be done. I wouldn't though. The M14 is a really long rifle, which is fine because it's very long ranged. You make a paintball version, you'll have all the bulk of the real deal, and still have less effective range than a pistol. You trade the superior manuverability of a typical paintball gun and don't get any extra range in return, seems self defeating or pointless at best. I'd save and buy a real M14 instead.

Those M14's are cool though. I love the heavy caliber! But on the other hand the ergonomics are horrible compared to the M16, that was the only draw back. Mag release lever instead of mag release button you can opperate with trigger finger, mags had to go in at that 45* angle then pull back to lock in instead of just shove it straight in like a pistol mag, had to operate the charging handle after each load instead of just hitting a bolt lock release paddle... and oh God that exposed slide action thing on the right side! That's the worst, it's just hanging out there so if you actually GRIP the hand gaurd your fingers fall into the trench upon firing then get crushed as the bolt returns to the forward position! What were they thinking with that one? Yeah so, M14 had the advantage in power range and accuracy, but as far as controls and ease of operation M16 had every advantage. Now they've got upgraded M14's with improved hand gaurds that actually cover up that action, and have RIS too. But now they've got something even better, the SCAR-H! It fires those big fat heavy duty 7.62 rounds just like the M14! But, it has controls identical to the M16! And, it has an adjustable folding stock! So all the power of the M14, ease of operation of the M16, and manuverability at close quarters superior to both the M14 and M16!!! It is for all practical intents and purposes, by today's standards, the perfect gun!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   MrEuhyung 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MrEuhyung

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Marine Scout Sniper, on 03 November 2007 - 12:41 AM, said:

I have a 98C.

I'm wondering if it's possible to find a cheap spring M14 airsoft and strip it out and make my 98C into an M14

I'm sure there's some cutting involved but would the internals fit only or could I mount it somehow to the 98 without removing the 98s internals?

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users