Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann A-5 help here Egrip trouble? Read this. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

E-grip not working? Hopefully this topic will solve your problems. If I get the time, I will add more guides to help you fix common A-5 problems.

First off, make sure you have the board turned on ;) and there is a good, fresh battery inside. It is not a bad idea to remove the battery when the e-grip is not in use. If you leave it in, it will slowly drain.

Make sure the magnet in your e-grip is in the correct slot at the bottom of the grip. One common problem occurs when you take the grip apart. When you go to close the grips and screw them together, the magnet can jump onto the bottom of the armature. This will cause the armature pin to press on the sear. Then when the rear bolt is pulled back, (when you cock the marker), it will not catch the sear. If it does catch, the magnet will cause problems firing. Most of the time it will fire once, if at all, then will not catch the rear bolt.

The problem is that the magnet is loose in the slot. What I did to correct this problem was jam some tape in the slot with the magnet. This puts pressure on it so it will not move out of its slot. I have also used paper. Even hot glue will work.

Tape causing pressure on the magnet
Posted Image

Here is another common problem that occurs mainly with those of us that own multiple A-5s.

The stock trigger and the e-grip trigger are different in a few ways. First of all, the sears are different. The swivel hole in the middle of the stock grip sear is double the size of the e-grip sear.

The sear springs are also different; this should not cause much trouble though. The egrip sear spring is slightly longer and not as strong as the stock sear spring. This is so the armature pin can release the sear with minimal force. If you use a spring that is too strong, chances are the marker will not fire.

Next, there is an extra pin in the e-grip trigger assembly. It is for the armature pin to rest against so it won't wobble around when lifted up and down.

Also, the actual triggers are different. The e-grip trigger has no guts. (The clamp, spring, and two pins were removed)

Stock trigger assembly
Posted Image

E-grip trigger assembly
Posted Image

Sears and springs side by side. The regular sear and spring are on the top, the e-grip spring and sear are on the bottom.
Posted Image

This problem is common in first time users of new e-grips. Make sure you bend the metal trigger switch. If you do not do this, the marker will not fire. It needs to be bent just enough that it is touching the bump on the bottom of the trigger. Once you pull the trigger, you should hear a click. Over time, the switch may need to be re-bent.

Trigger switch bent in the correct position
Posted Image

Schematic of E-grip
Posted Image

Thanks, ~LURCH~

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 04 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Reserved for pictures
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Reserved for pictures
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

goos post. now you should have something on the turning it on and changing the modes and stuff. i had problems with that hwne i got mine.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#5 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hmmm, I'll add that to my "to do" list. There are a lot of different boards out there.. That is the only problem. I do not think I have any of the old WAS boards so that will be a problem.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   ~LURCH~ 

• Elite Sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:~LURCH~

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

The extra pin is for the armature pin to rest against so it won't wobble around when lifted up and down.

Your Rear End is the only thing to wipe. View My Special Ops Brigade Page
webdog radio warpig

#7 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

View Post~LURCH~, on Jan 4 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

The extra pin is for the armature pin to rest against so it won't wobble around when lifted up and down.

That's what I thought, thanks for clearing that up. I'll edit that.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Thank you Spud this might end all those e-grip problem threads.

#9 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

View Postbumpnrunone, on Jan 4 2008, 08:17 PM, said:

Thank you Spud this might end all those e-grip problem threads.

That's the plan. :D I saw so many of them I decided to make this one. I'm open to other questions or problems too.

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 04 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users