• You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Flatline Barrel Review Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Mourning Wind 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MouringWind

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

I've had good results with this barrel in warm conditions with medium and high end paint. However, in cold, and especially wet conditions I break a lot of balls. I have the velocity set to 255 and a RT trigger set low, but the inner linning of the barrel tends to effect the accuracy of the shots when the conditions get wet. You are limited to the type of squegee (straight shot) to clean the barrel as you cant field strip this barrel without a screwdriver. And after your inital break you need to get the barrel squeekie clean so that it shoots straight again.

Simply, its a good summer barrel... But have a backup for fall, spring and winter...

#17 User is offline   DimensionAngel18 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DimensionAngel18

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:39 AM

well i live in texas so i cna use my flatline year round ;)

#18 User is offline   gunhand 

• gunhand
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunhand

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

I havent had problems with mine in the cold. If you want extreme accuracy get a palmers regulator, this thing makes the flatline so awesome.And yeah it is best to keep the velocity between 260 -280 or so.

And I swear by Evils, they do the best in the flattys that I have found, El-Tigres by pmi are also a really good choice.
WVU Tech Mechanical Engineering. Class of (should be 2009, but its not!)

Specops Feedback

FBM KRUSHER E-COCKER FS, NEED MONEY FOR SCHOOL

#19 User is offline   Wise-Duck 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wise-Duck

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

I used mine (purchased it new) one day... I tried a multitude of paint through it: Mostly RPS big ball because that holds together well in my qloader. Anyways I took it off because I couldn't hit crap with it. At 15-20 feet away I had an ambush set up on someone, clear perfect aimed head shot. I took my time... fired 5 shots.... ONE hit and it didn't even break (though I cant blame the non-breaking paintball on the barrel for certain). The accuracy was way off and after using a 98C with flatline barrell and comparing them, this thing had the same if not worse drop then a regular barrell. It didn't look like it was flatlining at all... Just like shooting a regular barrel only worse. Needless to say I just put my Smart Parts Linear barrel on my A5 and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this flatline....

The 98C Barrel rocked but this one just seems to short to work well out the box. Now I talked with someone who runs a local field here and he says some work great and some don't work so well. He purchased his used, I'm told, and his worked great for him. As for me, I really an disappointed in its performance and don't want to waste the paint to see if it will 'break in'. That's a lot of money down the tubes too, it seems. I had the field guys look at it to see if maybe I had it set up wrong but, the install is so simple it was apparent I hadn't. I tried at different velocity settings, as well, but no improvement.

All in all I'd say maybe it'll work well for you, maybe it won't. But don't buy one new... that's a lot of money to spend on a iffy investment as I regrettably learned. You'll probably see enough for sale from people like me.

This post has been edited by Wise-Duck: 27 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

#20 User is offline   gunhand 

• gunhand
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunhand

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

View PostWise-Duck, on Nov 27 2006, 03:07 PM, said:

I used mine (purchased it new) one day... I tried a multitude of paint through it: Mostly RPS big ball because that holds together well in my qloader. Anyways I took it off because I couldn't hit crap with it. At 15-20 feet away I had an ambush set up on someone, clear perfect aimed head shot. I took my time... fired 5 shots.... ONE hit and it didn't even break (though I cant blame the non-breaking paintball on the barrel for certain). The accuracy was way off and after using a 98C with flatline barrell and comparing them, this thing had the same if not worse drop then a regular barrell. It didn't look like it was flatlining at all... Just like shooting a regular barrel only worse. Needless to say I just put my Smart Parts Linear barrel on my A5 and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this flatline....

The 98C Barrel rocked but this one just seems to short to work well out the box. Now I talked with someone who runs a local field here and he says some work great and some don't work so well. He purchased his used, I'm told, and his worked great for him. As for me, I really an disappointed in its performance and don't want to waste the paint to see if it will 'break in'. That's a lot of money down the tubes too, it seems. I had the field guys look at it to see if maybe I had it set up wrong but, the install is so simple it was apparent I hadn't. I tried at different velocity settings, as well, but no improvement.

All in all I'd say maybe it'll work well for you, maybe it won't. But don't buy one new... that's a lot of money to spend on a iffy investment as I regrettably learned. You'll probably see enough for sale from people like me.

Make sure the barrel is on right, and check that your velocity is between 260-280 fps, and use better paint such as evils, marbs or el-tigres.
WVU Tech Mechanical Engineering. Class of (should be 2009, but its not!)

Specops Feedback

FBM KRUSHER E-COCKER FS, NEED MONEY FOR SCHOOL

#21 User is offline   Natedog 

• Tactical Broadsword with a Tippy Lying Down Heavy Bases of Fire&
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NATEDOG1251

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

I have a flatline barrel for my A-5, and it works wonders when in combat. It is pretty accurate for me, and yes, you need to shoot higher quality through it in order for it to not break. It has shot down enemies that were to far away to shoot with a regular stock barrel.

However, You should probably have it assembled by a paintball employee at your local store if you want it to preform at its maximum capacity since it has to be screwed on just right, for consistency in accuracy.
-I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' hard-core meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!- -Opsgear Point Blank Killas-
-John McCain '08- -Obama is a terrorist-

#22 User is offline   massbrandon 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpljean

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

I just got my flatline today and I must say that its awesome. I absolutely love it. I was putting groups together from about 100-150 feet away and the groups never got any bigger than a regular sized plate. I love it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users