• This topic is locked

Failed Out of My Program

#1 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SGTWHITEY

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

So after dedicating a large portion of my life to the Math, Science, Engineering program at my school I end up failing out of it. For the past three years I've been taking really difficult courses like Ap calc, Ap physics B, AP physics C etc, trying to get an MSE diploma which looks really good. So this year I had to take Calc 2 and 3 as it was a part of the cirriculum. It was a dual enrollement class which required a C average to pass. So throughtout the year I get straight Bs on all of the Tests, mind you there are no homework grades, untill the Final Semester exam. The teacher says it will cover Ch11-14 so be prepared for all of it. So I decided to study Ch11,12 and 13. I moderately studied Ch.14 because I just did the homework for it and felt I could answer basic to intermediate questions on it. So I as I'm taking the test I realize its all on flipping Ch.14 and all of the questions were super advanced. Because of this I recieve an F on the exam and pull a D in the class. So I fail this class and my potential outstanding diploma goes to crap. I was planning on doing something in the Navy or army as an engineer of sorts. However, I cannot further my Mathmatics or take any other dual enrollement classes for that matter. So I'm figuring in joining the national guard for scholarship and going to UF or something, do my national guard service and then join the Navy,Army, marines. So thanks to my short sightedness for 1 week I screw up some of my life goals. Whatever hopefully works out fine.

Everything happens for a reason.

hmmmm.....Military special forces is sounding pretty good right now

#2 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

You can't retake the class?

#3 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

View PostH3 Proto, on May 10 2010, 08:17 PM, said:

You can't retake the class?

Exactly what I was thinking.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

You're 16. One class in high school isn't the end of your career.

#5 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Retake the class, if its really that big of a deal then you can medically withdraw from school for the year and re-do your senior year.

Or you can just realize that high school means nothing and your going to restart next year. Just work hard and graduate from a good program in college. If you took so many aps your probably a sophomore in college already so you should have no problem getting good grades.

#6 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

Its a dual enrollement class so once you fail you can't take it over again. But whatever engineering is looking less appealing every minute. That one class just took away my ability to dual enroll but whatever. Also I'm not a senior, I'm a junior. One of big goals is to go to a military academy.

#7 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

View PostSoyeahwatsup, on May 10 2010, 06:49 PM, said:

Its a dual enrollement class so once you fail you can't take it over again. But whatever engineering is looking less appealing every minute. That one class just took away my ability to dual enroll but whatever. Also I'm not a senior, I'm a junior. One of big goals is to go to a military academy.

Your a junior? Dude one D isnt going to matter.

You should still have no problem getting into plenty of great schools. Military Academies wont be possible without lots of extra curriculars and such so dont plan on getting just good grades. I was set to go the the US Naval Academy and I barely squeaked out a 3.0 in high school, the only reason I didnt was because a knee surgery and not wanting to deal with 5 years of military school.

#8 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Well I'm in sea cadets right now. Have 10 years of Tae Kwon Do. Plenty of summer programs. This summer if the schedules work out I'm doing Boys State, JC at a summer camp, field operations and some other stuff. How much do they look at leadership positions? If they strive for it I need to pump two good school club programs out

#9 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Psh grunt work's where it's at. :huh:

This post has been edited by HeadshotPhantom: 10 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

#10 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

View PostSoyeahwatsup, on May 10 2010, 07:06 PM, said:

Well I'm in sea cadets right now. Have 10 years of Tae Kwon Do. Plenty of summer programs. This summer if the schedules work out I'm doing Boys State, JC at a summer camp, field operations and some other stuff. How much do they look at leadership positions? If they strive for it I need to pump two good school club programs out

Leadership is HUGE, youll have several interviews, some formal and some informal and they always bring up leadership or how you deal with others. And leadership positions that are peer appointed look great as opposed to something where you just sign up for it. I had stuff like varsity sports captains, job promotions and the like and they were way more intersted in that then things like church leader where I had just signed on dotted line. I had also started two clubs at school and was in another where they participated in national debate competitions. Its just involvement and dedication that they look for. I started BBQ club and the marine liason thought it was so cool, I talked to him for half the interview about it haha.

Just dont try to seem like your super cool or anything, your going to feel way more important than you are for 4 years anyway, just be confident.

#11 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 10 2010, 11:10 PM, said:

Psh grunt work's where it's at. :D

I'm with Phantom on this one. :D
I slacked off during high school, joined the Navy, did my four years, got paid for five, and now thanks to the G.I. Bill I get 3 years of Culinary School practically free of charge.

So don't worry about failing a class. Certainly don't get to stressed out about it. If you really wanna be an engineer then there's more than one way to skin a cat. The real world is 20% education 80% effort applied.

Also if you actually wanna be an officer in the Navy there are tons of ways to become one rather than just going to the Naval Academy. I can't remember any of the particular programs but I'm sure a google search or just talking to a recruiter would answer most of your questions. Truthfully in my command the O's from the academy got less respect compared to the O's that had been previously enlisted. Not that we didn't salute them or anything just they didn't get the kind of behind the back respect that really makes your men trust you and wanna follow you. It's kinda hard to describe.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#12 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:45 AM

Quite simply because instead of writing reports in the A/C, that officer was scraping paint and hauling lines with the rest of them, and knows what it's like to be in your shoes. You simply have more in common and he's already proven he can get his hands dirty. Respect is earned person to person, not when you get a commission and people "have" to respect you.

#13 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on May 11 2010, 07:45 AM, said:

Quite simply because instead of writing reports in the A/C, that officer was scraping paint and hauling lines with the rest of them, and knows what it's like to be in your shoes. You simply have more in common and he's already proven he can get his hands dirty. Respect is earned person to person, not when you get a commission and people "have" to respect you.

Again I have to agree with Phantom, even though I didn't have to do very much paint scraping (thank God) and my shop did have A/C... :P
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#14 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

I'm not entirely sure what the options are...but couldn't you just take ROTC with the Navy. I mean, you would definetly be qualified for it I'm pretty sure, I've looked over the requirments before and they aren't actually all that bad. And since you would be in college for 4 years at least, you could easily still get your engineering degree that you want.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#15 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I looked up the NROTC thing and applications closed January for 2011 scholarship year.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users