Special Ops Paintball: The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball here's some helpful tips Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   nevascared 

• PredatoR
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nevascared

Post icon  Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

I created this topic because I'm always seeing snipers do the right thing at the wrong time, and vice-versa. Here are some tips that I found useful for my game of sniping.

1. It's OK to be a cheap sniper. It's not how much you spend on a product is what your going to get (few exceptions). In fact being a cheap sniper can help you. If you had but loads of money then you might spend it on a bunch of worthless garbage. Start off with the fundamentals. Buy a good barrel. I recommend a J&J for the price. I use a Stiffi carbon fiber, which is my fav, but at the time I had a high budget. Now I'm poor as dirt. Spend cash wisely.

2. When ambushing, don't shoot at the first second you see the enemy (unless you're spotted). It's always better to wait till' the squad/ player/ whatever passes you before you take a shot. Doing so can lead to more time to shoot, and a lower profile. Let's say you're sitting in the bushes and you see a squad advancing toward the right. Most noobs lose their stomachs and fire repeatedly. If he misses then he's stuck in an all out, outnumbered firefight. Unless god gives him the miracle of his life, he'll have a VERY low risk of winning. Don't let this happen to you. Remember, WAIT TILL THEY PASS YOU. Plus, you get bragging rights by popping' them in the butt. biggrin.gif

3. Don't pretend to be a HAMMER. If you get caught up in a huge firefight, then your best chance is to fall back and flank. You can't just blind-fire into everything in sight; you need some strategy if you're going to be a sniper. Just calm down and relax. Think about what the best plan would be and execute it. Don't lose you cool when it goes and gets tough.

4. Just keep calm. When either a squad is advancing, gun shots fire, or a spider in your mask biggrin.gif, you just need to stay calm. REMEMBER, you're supposed to be the sneakiest guy in wood ball. If you just stay calm and don't move, you're nearly invisible. Blow your cool, and blow your cover. Take deeps breaths (unless someone's real close to you, then you might be heard) count to 10. Do whatever works for you to remain calm.

5. Don't make a commotion. One of the most common things that noobish snipers do is to move around at the wrong time and place. Just think, if they were to hear you, then 50 paintballs would be popped into your body, ALL OVER your body. If you need to move, do it at the necessary time, but still remain quiet doing it.

6. Use a tactic and not an improvisation (misused term but you get it). Running out with guns blazing is pointless. Like when you hunt deer do you run out with a shot gun and pump as much lead into the buck as possible? No. you do it with skill. Before you enter ANY area, make sure you know what you're going to do in that area. Whether you see enemies or not, you never know if there's a sniper in the bushes. Plan out your attack before executing a make up as you go plan.

7. Running up the middle is a tactic for daggers, sabres and EXT. Rather than running up the middle, stick to the sides. That way you don't have to face tons of baddies. Sticking to the side can also be a GREAT attacking strategy. Just stick to the sides and pick em' off one by one.

8. Another thing most snipers do is to spend the most money on every product. there's is a little worm out there that call himself a "bargain" if you see one barrel at the price of 50$, and the same barrel at 150$,. Take the cheaper one. Sure, its fun to say," well my barrel costs 150$," but it's even better to say," I got a barrel worth 150$ for 50$". Use the extra money for more mods.

9. If your wearing anything that doesn't match with your environment. I don't care about what anyone says, but I think that camo is a HUGE HUGE HUGE factor when it comes to improving your game. I don't care about what you say but it can help you play a heck v' a lot better. If your wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans and don't get spotted, good for you. But eventually you're going to get your cover blown. I recommend going to Academy and picking you up some sort of camo. You can buy a ghille hood there for 11$. And gun covers for 3$. In fact last time I came in there, I saw a full ghille suit for 22$. I say you go there, and pick you up any type of camo. Want to spend 200$ on action ghille? Be my guest. But for those who want to save a few hundred dollars, stick with the middle class camo. Sure it may not be as cool as action ghille, but it suffices. And it's a whole lot better than a white shirt and jeans. I also recommend Real tree, and Mosey Oak camo. Lightweight, blends well, great for simple back yard ballin'.

10. I don't think that there is any other way to say this but, DON'T BE A HERO! If you know that you're getting bombarded and that you can't win this firefight, then retreat! It's ok to lower your self esteem for a moment, and then raise it even higher the next. So it's kind of like 1 step backwards and 3 steps forward! If you're up against 7 guys and you're all alone, then fall back! Hide in the bushes and wait for them to go chasing after you. Then shoot them while their pre-occupied with finding you. Being a coward can work sometimes, give it a shot, I recommend you won't regret it.

11. Walk the field! This is one important issue. Walking the field before a game can make and break a player. This gives you an ultimate tactical advantage. Do this before every match.

12. Cosmetics don't make a player. I could dress up like Bruce Campbell and walk around with my boomstick and chainsaw arm, but does that mean i can take on the army of darkness? Nay. Do everyone a favor, including yourself, and play the part. You may have a cool gun, but whats it matter if its in the hands of a moron?

13. Make sure you gun is cleaned, and fully operational before even heading to the field. I can't even begin to tell you how much it sucks to head down to a field and head straight back home because your gun is borked. This one is important.

Hope this topic helps you like it did me! I'll edit it as I find more common mistakes. Good luck and God's speed! smile.gif EDIT: some moron jacked my post somehow and put a link to some site in there. i didn't do it, if this caused any kind of problem to anyone, my apologies.
,.:;NeVaScArEd;:.,

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 19 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

IPB Image
Live by the sniper. Or die by the sniper.

#2 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:41 PM

Nice, One of the few Sniper Posts that I have read, that is well worth a sticky IMHO. Great job man. :P

#3 User is offline   nevascared 

• PredatoR
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

thanks AM! havent seen you lately. and thanks wolftalon
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   maskedgambler 

• one block of cheese
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:maskedgambler

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

thanks man...nice post

#5 User is offline   Femur Breaker 

• ^^^HeadshotPhantom makes a sweet avatar
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Femur Breaker

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

Awesome post man, and good job. This is something that will help out the newer snipers, including myself at times. Keep up the good work, and keep doig what you do! :D
I joined Myspace: Who wants to be my friend?...lol
Broken Bones Member (2 Femurs....!)
IPB Image

#6 Guest_Headshotjester_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

Good job.

#7 User is offline   10,000 Fists 

• How do my balls taste?
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:10,000 Fists

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Good info that can be put to use :D
. ( \__/ )
. (='_'=) This is Beefy Bunny (he ate Bunny). Copy and paste Beefy Bunny
.( " )_( " ) into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

#8 User is offline   JGrendel25 

• "I didn't fall, I went aggressively to ground."
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jgrendel25

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

Actually, there's some good advice for other positions, as well. Even though I play Sqaud Commander or Broadsword, I find sticking to the sides of any field is key to being able to flank your opponent. Especially if you're not on a familiar field.

#9 User is offline   nevascared 

• PredatoR
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

ack... I've been trying to edit on how you should walk the feild before playing on my freinds comp but its not workin... I'll fix it tommorow when I get home. BTW thats for all the good comments everyone
IPB Image

#10 User is offline   Femur Breaker 

• ^^^HeadshotPhantom makes a sweet avatar
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Femur Breaker

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

I have another do if you are interested.

I was reading some thread on the forum today, and another "do" is to keep watch the opponents eyes. I don't mean literally, but more of a direction they are looking thing. Somebody.....ah, heck, I will get you a link to the thread and you will know what I am talking about. Be right back.....

Here is the link, and you will see what I am talking about.
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...ST&f=63&t=40316

By the way, keep up the good work!

This post has been edited by Femur Breaker: 21 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

I joined Myspace: Who wants to be my friend?...lol
Broken Bones Member (2 Femurs....!)
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   Forstgeist 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Forstgeist

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

Thanks alot! I will definatley use this info. I even saved it on my freewebs page.

#12 User is offline   Snipin Ebob 

• Jesus is my homeboy
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPIN EBOB

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

Good stuff all around! Nice post.

#13 User is offline   shookum 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOKUM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

You may also want to try working with a team of 3 or 4. If it is a walk on game just grab a couple of guys you know and make up a couple of things you want to do. Like have them go left side so you can go right. Then your first couple of shots will be on thier back. Never forget the power of a team.
You covered all of the basics and did it well. good post.

#14 User is offline   konayo321 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KONAYO321

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

AWSOME !!! ive read alot of snipper advise and that was some of the best info ive ever gotten ! :D

#15 User is offline   Lit 

• I Bunkered Chuck Norris.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOW SPAWN

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:54 PM

I love you. Yes is a g4y way.

Real Xball
RIP Tonawanda Nightmare
Wellsville Express

GRC Paintball
JAW Paintball