whats a woodsball team 2 do Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   -JC-Jester 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:-OR-Jester

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

View Postmikey, on Apr 28 2006, 11:15 PM, said:

Good luck with a sponsor. Heres what you could do to see how many people are into woodsball. Go to the locator and search the whole country. Dont type anything in on the locator just push locate game and a list of every game in the country will pop up. Now i want you to count the people opted in to games and the distance between each game. I would venture to guess that the average would be about 400 people throught the country opted in at any time. and spaced out big time go ahead dont believe me go look. Speed ball is where all the big money is and its almost the only way to get sponserd.

Mikey,
I have to disagree wholeheartedly with your last post. Ther are MANY sponsors out there for us Woodsballers. Sponsors wont just give you money or gear for nothing. Here are some ways to help get some sponsors. Mods, if this needs to be moved, please do

1) Start local. It doesn't have to be a paintball retailer, try the local Pizzarea or a drycleaners. See what they can do, it doesn't hurt to ask.
2) Local fields. Make an arangement with a local field to ref once a weekend for free play, air, or paint the other day. Many local fields are very open to having extra help, and it benefits you seeing from a refs point of view.
3) Write a resume. What has your team done worth mentioning? What accomplishments have you all done together as a team?

These are just the first few I could think of, but please don't think the sponsors are not out there. Woodsball is coming full circle, its where our beloved sport started, and its where more and more people are reverting back too. I am taking nothing away from speedball, but imho Woodsball is back with a vengence!!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users