Special Ops Paintball: Best barrel for the 98? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best barrel for the 98? My flatline is getting rediculous

#1 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

So, after another day of play without getting a single person out, I decided to finally get rid of my flatline. Its so innaccurate, I couldn't hit a person at 35 feet. So, what barrel is the most accurate for the 98? A little range would be very nice.

#2 User is offline   mr.m21 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mr.m21

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

palmers purist shop, brass. don't have one yet but plan on it. Word on the net is that they ROCK!!
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
I'm the belt feed question machine!!

#3 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, but I would like to know from personal experience.

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Palmer's brass barrels and Lapco's lineup of barrels are my favorite. It really depends on what you're looking for. Overall they shoot pretty similar and are both very efficient. Lapco's are made out of aluminum are are pretty lightweight. Palmer's are brass and surprisingly heavy - but if you're looking for something to complement a quiet marker Palmer's double ported brass barrels are among the quietest made.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:08 AM

I personally am very happy with my 14in st!ffi barrel. I got the .691 bore, and its very accurate and extremely light. Some people say it affects the balance of the marker with a lightweight barrel, but I also use a remote to keep the weight down overall.
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#6 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:09 AM

I picked up a J&J ceramic and havnt looked back. Its performed great and its cheaper.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#7 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

whoops

This post has been edited by lowrider4lyfe: 01 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#8 User is offline   JTF2Cracker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

I've got the flatline as well. I don't find it inaccurate but eats the balls with my cyclone and RT. I'm going to give the 14" J&J Ceramic a try. Nice thing about it is the self cleaning feature due to it ceramic/teflon coating. People seem to love them.

#9 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

Must agree with Piller- Lapco and Palmer's make outstanding products, some of the best in the game. I'd throw CP into the mix; they are very good and a good value. J&J has had some recent quality issues, so I'd avoid a new barrel from them, but 1-year or older used ones should be OK. Any good aftermarket barrel really ahould be more "accurate" than a stock one, of course, "accuracy" is a pretty loose term when you're talking about paintball.

I also have a Flatline on my A-5, but I've never had problems with it. It will never be as "accurate" as a high-end barrel, but your problems aren't normal. There is a topic in this forum that goes into great detail on how to properly set-up and maintain your FL- it's worth a read if you haven't already.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#10 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

The only real option for range is a flatline or apex, which can kill accuracy. I have a flatline and it's great, if I have good paint for it. If I do not have good paint, the flatline becomes the biggest pile of S**T! I have yet to shoot an apex, I've heard they are more tolerant of paint, but you still have to be picky.

For accuracy, I have a Lapco Accushot kit. it's 3, 1-piece barrels with different bores. You match the paint as closely as you can to one of the barrels, and away you go. Since I got it, I have been a firm believer in the accuracy of a matched ball/barrel. Some different and maybe cheaper barrel kit options are a Lapco SnapShot kit or a Smart Parts Freak kit.

P.S. Arching your shots with a straight barrel will produce about the same distance as a straight shot with a flatline. I think the arched shot will be more likely to break because it has gravity helping the ball speed as it drops. The flatline produces a straight, level shot, but the ball can slow down so much it won't break.
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users