Special Ops Paintball: Converting my 98c to a Broadsword type gun - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Converting my 98c to a Broadsword type gun Need Help

#1 User is offline   Toes the Platypus 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Toes the Platypus

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

I'm my squads new heavy rifle man and need to know how to convert my gun :D
Lets be Blunt, your an Idiot
0

#2 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

  • 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 759
  • Joined: 31-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ponchatoula Louisiana
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

best posted in the mods section, needs moved. on topic though:

the 98 isnt the best, but there are a few tricks. lotta people use flatlines for a flatter arc.
not sure if the firestom fits a 98 but look into that too. oh, and high capacity hopper.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie
0

#3 User is offline   Toes the Platypus 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Toes the Platypus

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Nov 28 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

best posted in the mods section, needs moved. on topic though:

the 98 isnt the best, but there are a few tricks. lotta people use flatlines for a flatter arc.
not sure if the firestom fits a 98 but look into that too. oh, and high capacity hopper.



Im thinking of hooking up cyclone feed, an e-trigger, and a bipod
Lets be Blunt, your an Idiot
0

#4 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

  • 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 09-November 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilseck, Germany
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

View PostToes the Platypus, on Nov 29 2009, 12:05 PM, said:

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Nov 28 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

best posted in the mods section, needs moved. on topic though:

the 98 isnt the best, but there are a few tricks. lotta people use flatlines for a flatter arc.
not sure if the firestom fits a 98 but look into that too. oh, and high capacity hopper.



Im thinking of hooking up cyclone feed, an e-trigger, and a bipod



Forget the bipod. Its very useless and just adds unnecessary weight.
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own
0

#5 User is offline   Toes the Platypus 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Toes the Platypus

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

View PostFIFTY CAL, on Nov 30 2009, 09:54 AM, said:

View PostToes the Platypus, on Nov 29 2009, 12:05 PM, said:

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Nov 28 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

best posted in the mods section, needs moved. on topic though:

the 98 isnt the best, but there are a few tricks. lotta people use flatlines for a flatter arc.
not sure if the firestom fits a 98 but look into that too. oh, and high capacity hopper.



Im thinking of hooking up cyclone feed, an e-trigger, and a bipod



Forget the bipod. Its very useless and just adds unnecessary weight.

Ok what about the other stuff
Lets be Blunt, your an Idiot
0

#6 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

  • 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 09-November 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilseck, Germany
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

An e-grip i would say is a must and a cyclone feed is a good idea to keep up with the e-grip...

You might consider a good barrel... I think a flat line works great for a broadsword or if you want to shed the weight of the flat line you can get an apex barrel

And i would invest in a buttstock with a remote setup... It will keep your gun as light as possible and you'll still be able to throw down ropes.

|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own
0

#7 User is offline   Phenom 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 02-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:cdznutz

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

I agree apex barrel with cyclone. id get the tech t kit so that your cyclone will keep up with your egripp! A remote coil also. that will shave off around 3 +/- pounds off your gun not having that tank on.
0

#8 User is offline   bigandugly 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 38
  • Joined: 01-November 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:bigandugly

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

One thing to consider with the e-grip is the possible restrictions your field may have. In my area, we were only allowed to have response triggers, no e-grips. Something to do with one trigger pull per ball fired (and I don't really know how e-grips work...this is from when I just started in paintball with an X7), and possibly with rate of fire issues as well.

Hopefully they have response triggers for 98s!
0

#9 User is offline   TheEnd 

  • I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 686
  • Joined: 07-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

View Postbigandugly, on Dec 3 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

One thing to consider with the e-grip is the possible restrictions your field may have. In my area, we were only allowed to have response triggers, no e-grips. Something to do with one trigger pull per ball fired (and I don't really know how e-grips work...this is from when I just started in paintball with an X7), and possibly with rate of fire issues as well.

Hopefully they have response triggers for 98s!


Egrips can be put into semi. I have never heard of a field banning egrips, I have seen fields that have banned rt triggers though.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.
0

#10 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:06 AM

cyclones have a tendency to wear out after a while, get a halo or something.. after the ratchet went ku-put on my 98 i took it off and into the tool box it went.. been there ever since.. i upgraded the cyclone ratchet on my a5 (since its my back up) and never used it in a game yet...

i run a view loader on my 98 that flows in about 8bps. and its got a stock trigger so i dont really need nothing too fancy...

i still throw alot of paint when i need too so it gets the job done

-get a good barrel (apex or flat line)
-good stock
-good loader.
-vest or pod pack with AT LEAST 6 pod holders. (or do what i use to do, vest w 4+2 pods and a 2 100rd pod pack)

and make sure you got an air tank that can send all the paint you carry so when u go out your not out of air before paint..

i got a 72ci 3kpsi tank and it usually at about 1k or less after i run out of paint.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 03 February 2010 - 03:13 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#11 User is offline   Big Bone 

  • Special Ops Finisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,693
  • Joined: 13-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Brigade Name:Big Bone

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

I play Broadsword as my main position and it's real purpose in my opinion is simply to throw lots of paint. Anything to help this is advised.

If money was not a problem and I were you I would do the Following Mods-

Off gun add ons:
92-45 HPA Tank (or something around that size)
Broadsword 9 Vest w/ remote

On gun mods:
JCS 98 LTube no FVA (getting rid of the old power tube is a must. I prefer the kind that does not come with a side velocity adjustment and just use an RVA. this will drastically improve your air efficiency)
Rear Velocity Adjuster
Cyclone Feed System
E-Trigger (some of the older 98 bodies won't house etriggers so make sure you have the right body before you buy)
Tech T Fang Trigger (this is incase you have to limit your etrigger to single shot only allowing you to "walk" the trigger if need be)
Air Thru T2W kit


That is my thought on the matter

Oh and I'll move this topic.


BB

This post has been edited by Big Bone: 03 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#003300--><span style="color:#003300"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Micah Orvis - Special Ops Finishes<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<img src="http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/Micah_Orvis/OmniPatX7-1.jpg" border="0" class="linked-image" /><img src="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/images/factoryemployee_badge.jpg" border="0" class="linked-image" /><a href="mailto:micah@specialopspaintball.com"><!--coloro:#003300--><span style="color:#003300"><!--/coloro-->micah@specialopspaintball.com<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a>
<!--coloro:#CC0000--><span style="color:#CC0000"><!--/coloro-->StarCraft 4 Life... as long as they keep updating it for Macs :)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users