• You cannot reply to this topic

Right barrel for the marker

#1 User is offline   burntearth 

• Government Grunt and Proud of It
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

Newb question alert

I have an autococker and I'm looking for a bit of a more accurate barrel (under 12") with a slight milsim look. I've looked at a few different brands, etc but I still don't really know what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something in the $50 range if possible, however I'm willing to spring for an adapter if necessary.
Attached File  photo_2_.jpg (144.56K)
Number of downloads: 12

Little help?

This post has been edited by burntearth: 09 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

You don't want to have to use an adaptor. Your cocker is closed bolt. Meaning the bolt is forward when in the ready position. THe only thing holding the ball in place at that point is it's paint to bore match, as it has been pushed past the ball detent.

You ideally want for a cocker to have three different bore sizes, if you don't get a barrel kit that is. So find out what size barrel you have now and get another of a different size/bore. Personally for cockers i always recomend barrel kits, like the empire twister, sanchez machine, j&J, powerlyte scepter kit, or others. THis way you can properly size paint.

If you want to go single bore barrels. Look at a J&J ceramic. Super cheap, shoots itself clean. Very nice for the price. For a little more i always recomend Lapco barrels. They are very loud, but very well made.

You also can invest in a Python compression kit or another Bore Sizer type kit. Where they are small 1"-1.5" backs that screw onto the back fo the barrel to size the breach so you don't get roll outs.

If i had any spare barrel kits i'd give you mine, but i gave my last two away last year. Sorry.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   burntearth 

• Pip

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Thanks Leg!

Based on your input, I think I'm going to go for the J&J ceramic one (plus I found a pretty good deal on Action Village).

I knew I could count on you guys :laugh:

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

J&Js are great for the money. Dead on adn very quiet. If you do get a ball break, hold marker upside down and dryfire a few shots...it will shoot itself 90+% clean.

I aim to please. :laugh:

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

I like the CP one piece barrel much better and you can pick your bore size. As Leg said ... bore size is important for cockers.

I recommend the .689 or .685 bore. (get both)

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?f...mp;categoryID=9

#6 User is offline   burntearth 

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

New barrel arrived today! I have titled it "the nub" as it's two inches smaller than stock (and the shroud makes it look even tinier!) :D

Attached File  nub.jpg (155.71K)
Number of downloads: 6

This post has been edited by burntearth: 08 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

i like it, Love me some short barrels. They are the best.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users